Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:41:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Week 1 vs Washington
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Week 1 vs Washington  (Read 6481 times)
MikeO
Uber Member

« on: August 20, 2015, 09:05:19 pm »

RGIII just took a massive hit. Shoulder Stinger and head injury is the early report. If serious he might miss week 1 vs Miami.

Washington was tinkering with their o-line in the preseason and RGIII took some major hits before the injury. Message to Miami, don't mess around with your o-line when Tannehill is in these meaningless games!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 10:08:55 pm »

Once again, the injury to a terrible QB hurts Miami  Evil
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 03:10:55 pm »

Junior Galette for Washington tore his Achilles today. Ending his season.

If Brandon Albert is unable to play Week 1, this is a break for the Fins. Hate to see injuries but it would be a break for the Fins
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 04:41:26 pm »

If Brandon Albert is unable to play Week 1, this is a break for the Fins. Hate to see injuries but it would be a break for the Fins
Albert is practicing now so he should be able to play. Isn't he playing Saturday night?

Nevermind ... just read this from Armando

Branden Albert is practicing this week and doing so at full speed, including today's padded practice. But he is not expected to play Saturday night, barring a significant change in internal plans. This despite the fact Albert told The Herald's Adam Beasley that he feels good one day after practicing full on Tuesday.

With Thomas expected to play at left tackle with the starting unit, obviously the Dolphins need a starting left guard. And that will be Jamil Douglas.

Interestingly, at a time most teams are trying to nail down their offensive line and build cohesion, the Dolphins are moving things around more than they did earlier in the preseason.

It is likely Thomas would be asked to go back to left guard when Albert is ready to play in the regular-season or when Fox returns from his concussion.

By the way, Dallas Thomas yielded seven sacks while playing at right tackle last season, per ProFootballFocus.com. He played only five games at right tackle.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 04:47:33 pm by CF DolFan » Logged

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 06:13:25 pm »

With Thomas expected to play at left tackle with the starting unit, obviously the Dolphins need a starting left guard. And that will be Jamil Douglas.

If Tannehill gets killed during this game, the coaching staff should be on the next bus to Kalamazoo, MI.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 06:36:10 pm »

If Tannehill gets killed during this game, the coaching staff should be on the next bus to Kalamazoo, MI.
And if he doesn't will you admit to being wrong? Hindsight is 20/20, the rest of the time we are all blind.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 07:11:56 pm »

It's been an injury plagued preseason for the entire league
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 07:23:56 pm »

Can anybody remember the last team the Dolphins opened the season against the Redskins?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »

Can anybody remember the last team the Dolphins opened the season against the Redskins?

We opened the 1984 season agains the Redskins - maybe it's a good omen?  Wink Smiley
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 08:45:56 pm »

We opened the 1984 season agains the Redskins - maybe it's a good omen?  Wink Smiley

Wrong, it was 2007, in Cam's first game, which they lost in overtime after nearly throwing it away twice in regulation.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 11:20:35 pm »

^^^ You have to be able to translate Typo-ese...he said "the last time" the Dolphins opened the season against the Redskins?

Which would be 2007.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 11:26:48 pm »

I remember a had a sinking feeling in my stomach after that game.  I had a foreshadowing of what was to come that year

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2015, 04:53:46 pm »

Report out today that the offensive linemen dislike RGIII. Washington is a mess. Miami can hopefully take advantage of the injuries and turmoil week 1
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2015, 07:30:58 pm »

I remember a had a sinking feeling in my stomach after that game.  I had a foreshadowing of what was to come that year

I remember that quite well.  How the team was sucking wind in the fourth quarter.  And how they would stand on the sidelines non-chalantly in several other games as if they were at a backyard brunch.  Or the turmoil involving Keith Traylor at the end of the year.

Getting rid of Cameron after only one season was the right move.  Not because of the record, but because he lost the locker room. 
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 09:45:20 am »

I put $10 on Miami (-3) to beat Washington.  I feel like the game shouldn't even be competitive.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray