Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:25:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2012 Draft do-over
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 2012 Draft do-over  (Read 2154 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« on: September 06, 2015, 08:07:02 am »

Where is EK when you need him  Evil

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000520944/article/2012-nfl-draft-doover-despite-woes-rgiii-still-a-firstrounder

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 09:47:43 am »

So in this "re-do" 3 of the guys Miami picked that year all go in the 1st round (Tannehill, Vernon, and Miler).

We can bash Ireland all day and night (and for very good reason) but that was one hell of a draft. That draft was Ireland's one and only shining moment in the NFL!! Even with the Egnew pick that same year mixed in!
ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2015, 10:15:27 am »

So in this "re-do" 3 of the guys Miami picked that year all go in the 1st round (Tannehill, Vernon, and Miler).

We can bash Ireland all day and night (and for very good reason) but that was one hell of a draft. That draft was Ireland's one and only shining moment in the NFL!! Even with the Egnew pick that same year mixed in!

That draft also had Jonathan Martin.  Him and Egnew taint what was otherwise a great draft.  Ireland had some hits bit had some glaring misses
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 11:15:42 am »

If you get three first round caliber players out of one draft class, you had an excellent draft. I don't care if you spent your other picks on a moldy slice of bread, a roadkill possum and a skidmarked pair of tightie-whities, 3 first round players in one class is an impressive haul.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 11:52:56 am »

As much as I would love to claim otherwise I have to agree with Sun. Three quality starters in one draft is a great draft even if the other 4 are crap

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 03:26:20 am »

If Lamar Miller is going in the first round, that tells me there wasn't much meat in 2012.

Not to knock him, but in my eyes, Miller hasn't shown anything that makes him worthy of a first-round pick.  He has been a decent role-player.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2015, 08:47:27 am »

He rushed for 1,100 yards last year and had the 2nd highest YPC in the NFL. Not a coincidence that this was the first season that the Line got it's shit together before injuries.

I guess 1st round is debatable since he is a running back, but he's more than a role player.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2015, 10:00:42 am »

I'd rate Lamar Miller as a top-10 RB in the NFL right now, so that makes him worthy of a first round grade, imo...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 03:49:18 pm »

And yet they still couldn't make the playoffs

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray