Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:39:28 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Overreaction: A week one loss means the season is over.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Overreaction: A week one loss means the season is over.  (Read 1965 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: September 08, 2015, 11:23:50 am »

We have to beat the Redskins.  They aren't good.  The schedule gets hard down the stretch. 

We must win this game or else we're just not as good as we thought.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2015, 11:32:23 am »

I wouldn't say this is an overreaction at all. This team has done absolutely zero to instill faith in any of it's fans or critics since 2001. We got top analysts claiming we have one of the most talented rosters in the league and many are saying we will win the division. Yet, who here is honestly believing we will go better than 8-8 due to our track record of failure and bad coaching?

So yes, we must whomp the Skins and then beat the Jags. Even then, no brownie points because if you want to win the division, you beat up on the crappy teams.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 11:44:51 am »

I wouldn't say this is an overreaction at all. This team has done absolutely zero to instill faith in any of it's fans or critics since 2001. We got top analysts claiming we have one of the most talented rosters in the league and many are saying we will win the division. Yet, who here is honestly believing we will go better than 8-8 due to our track record of failure and bad coaching?

So yes, we must whomp the Skins and then beat the Jags. Even then, no brownie points because if you want to win the division, you beat up on the crappy teams.
Me.  I said we go 12-4 and appear in the Superbowl.  All of my life, I've been a Dolphins fan, and this is the first year I truly believe it, and that includes the Marino years.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2015, 11:55:01 am »

If they lose this week the season isn't over. That is foolish talk.

It's Week 1. Yes they shouldn't lose to Washington but if they do it isn't the end of the world.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2015, 11:56:43 am »

Here's the problem - What if the Redskins aren't as bad as you think?  What if the Redskins come out of nowhere to win the NFC East at 12-4?  Then the week 1 loss in their house doesn't seem so bad.

This is exactly why this is an overreaction.  You don't know who's going to be good and bad at Week 1.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2015, 12:00:45 pm »

I don't know what the front office is thinking.  After all the big name off season signings, the team went 1-3 in the pre season.  1-3!   The talent is there.  So why did the team underachieve so badly in the pre season?  And they haven't cleaned house in the coaching staff after that?  Dump Philbin and his entire staff NOW so they can have a fresh start with the regular season.  It is not too late to save this season!   Step 1, new coaching staff for the Washington game.  Step 2, sign Tebow. 
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 12:26:56 pm »

Declaring the season over after one week would be an over reaction.  But if you go 0-2, you might as well start counting down day to the draft. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 03:02:46 pm »

It's not over after Week 1. Hell, we crushed the Pats last year Week 1 and we all saw how that turned out. However, this is Miami. We don't rebound from slow starts to go on runs. We start hot and then die and we have earned that terrible reputation.

So, is it over if we lose to Washington? No. Is it over to me and other pessimistic Dolphin fans? Of course. They have my loyalty, but not my optimism.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 03:24:59 pm »

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor?  No!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 03:32:10 pm »

Germans?
Forget it, he's rolling

week one means nothing. We clobbered New England last year and looked how that ended up. I remember the same thing during one of Denver's Super Bowl years. While I truly expect us to go out there and blow off some steam with a big win the truth is its just 1 game of 16.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 04:12:04 pm »

Losing would be a huge strip back for the team and especially the coaching staff.  Need to have this game to begin the process of getting to 11 wins...especially considering we more than likely lose 2 games to our divisional opponents and 1 or 2 during that 3 game road stretch.....does not leave much room for error. ..
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 10:21:20 pm »

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pear Harbor?  No!

Germans?
Forget it, he's rolling

LOL! Thanks, guys...that's a classic!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray