Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:32:43 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Week 1 vs Washington
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Week 1 vs Washington  (Read 6337 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 10:04:58 am »

I put $10 on Miami (-3) to beat Washington.  I feel like the game shouldn't even be competitive.

I'll be disappointed if it is anything other than a blowout in Miami's favor.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2015, 11:08:05 am »

^^^ I'm with you on that sentiment. Even with Miami's (justified) O-line concerns, I think the Dolphins are simply a much, much better team than the Redskins right now.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2015, 11:21:16 am »

I mean we could all be wrong, right?  But short of that, just looking at what we think and what we see, Miami looks really good.  We're moving the ball on offense, our QB looks better than ever, and our defense is crazy good and we've stayed relatively healthy, short of Delmas.  In addition, the Skins are a mess, rumors that the team is turning on the QB, and they just don't look good.

But it's football and anything could happen.  Should take that ass, tho.

I drink your milkshake!
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 11:24:04 am »

No excuse not to win 38-9. If they are serious about being contenders, then they should start destroying the bad teams, not just beating them. Same thing the following week in Jacksonville. Another 30+ point victory.

If they don't win both games or just barely win them by a FG, then I think we know what to expect for the rest of the season.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 11:45:05 am »

I put $10 on Miami (-3) to beat Washington.  I feel like the game shouldn't even be competitive.

I think that is a good bet.  Dolphins are an average team.  Redskins are a bad team. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 11:52:07 am »

No excuse not to win 38-9. If they are serious about being contenders, then they should start destroying the bad teams, not just beating them. Same thing the following week in Jacksonville. Another 30+ point victory.

If they don't win both games or just barely win them by a FG, then I think we know what to expect for the rest of the season.
I wouldn't jump to that conclusion...a lot of teams start poor/strong and finish strong/poor.  I would just be very disappointed if MIA didn't crush those teams.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 01:04:09 pm »

It's really hard to gauge too much after the first game. So many times I've seen the teams that show up on day one quickly fall apart and others who seemingly fall apart on opening day bounce back and go on a roll.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 01:07:31 pm »

They are early season games when big upsets seem to happen; that said I'll be happy with 13-10 point victories in both games.  As far as I'm concerned they can save the big scoring games til they need it against the high powered offensive teams.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 03:22:15 pm »

No excuse not to win 38-9. If they are serious about being contenders,

That's being unrealistic. In the NFL you don't often see teams go on the road and win by that much. Just win the game.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 04:18:15 pm »

I feel that the Redskins are one of the worst teams in the league and will implode and fire everyone by Week 5, so I am giving them the 38-9 score.

The Jags might be closer, but the Redskins will probably compete for the #1 draft pick.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 04:46:06 pm »

Just came across the Fox Sports power rankings and the only team listed worse than Washington & Jax are the Browns.  And Miami...they are listed as the 7th BEST team.  The recap says the only thing that could hold Miami back are injuries and Joe Philbin's coaching decisions.  Cry
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 05:04:07 pm »

Just came across the Fox Sports power rankings and the only team listed worse than Washington & Jax are the Browns.  And Miami...they are listed as the 7th BEST team.  The recap says the only thing that could hold Miami back are injuries and Joe Philbin's coaching decisions.  Cry

what it says exactly is,

questionable coaching decisions of head coach Joe Philbin and injuries are the only factors that can hold back the Dolphins from making a run at the NFC East.

Don't put too much stock in any analysis that doesn't even know what conference the team is in. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2015, 05:39:33 pm »

Maybe they mean that the Dolphins will beat every team in the NFC East.  That's possible, right?

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2015, 06:43:54 pm »

Wrong, it was 2007, in Cam's first game, which they lost in overtime after nearly throwing it away twice in regulation.

Speaking of Cam news came today that he has been diagnosed with Cancer. I know Fin fans give him a lot of grief but keep him in your prayers tonight
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2015, 07:03:09 pm »

I will be happy with a win, but I won't be doing any major celebrating until they clinch a playoff spot.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray