Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:27:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Isis
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Isis  (Read 7492 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2015, 01:31:05 pm »

There is also the entire thought process stating we aren't doing anything due to ISIS ultimately being a CIA trained and funded machine.  I have friends who are Muslim, including a recent-ish convert to the religion.  I have a working/ish knowledge of the religion.  Everything about the fighters strikes against what they state they are.

Keep in mind the "foes" who were once heavily armed and trained by the U.S.  What do I think?  I don't know.  Would it shock me?  Not really.  I think our government is capable of some really shady things.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2015, 02:10:44 pm »

There is also the entire thought process stating we aren't doing anything due to ISIS ultimately being a CIA trained and funded machine.  I have friends who are Muslim, including a recent-ish convert to the religion.  I have a working/ish knowledge of the religion.  Everything about the fighters strikes against what they state they are.

Keep in mind the "foes" who were once heavily armed and trained by the U.S.  What do I think?  I don't know.  Would it shock me?  Not really.  I think our government is capable of some really shady things.
Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2015, 02:55:02 pm »

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2015, 12:21:33 pm »

Let's not forget that ISIS was made possible due to American intervention in the Middle East;

And the Talaban/Al Qaida was made possible due to American intervention in the Russian/Afgan war. 

And the current leaders of Iran made possible due to US intervention at the time of the Shaw.   

If we intervene, even if ISIS is "defeated" we will just create another monster. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »

True but irrelevant both to this thread and 9/11.  Jet fuel does burn hot enough to turn steel into liquid.  Jet fuel does burn hot enough to weaken steel. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2015, 04:00:11 pm »

True but irrelevant both to this thread and 9/11.  Jet fuel does burn hot enough to turn steel into liquid.  Jet fuel does burn hot enough to weaken steel. 

It's a meme dude.

About
“Jet Fuel Can’t Melt Steel Beams” is an assertion made by September 11th, 2001 attack conspiracy theorists that the burning fuel from crashed planes would not have been able to melt the supporting beams of the World Trade Center. The claim is widely mocked online for being based on flawed evidence.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/jet-fuel-cant-melt-steel-beams
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:03:47 pm by Tenshot13 » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2015, 04:59:20 pm »

The claim is widely mocked online for being based on flawed evidence.[/i]

True.  But it is theory that many 9/11 conspiracy nuts still believe and promote.  By simply stating without any other context, "Jet Fuel Can’t Melt Steel Beams" it is impossible for the reader to know that you are poking fun at said theory and not promoting the theory.   

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 05:38:10 pm »

The specific phrase "jet fuel can't melt steel beams" indicates parody.  You might not be familiar with it, but it exists.

It's like if Tenshot has said "But all their base are belong to us" and you replied that we fully withdrew from Iraq in 2011.

Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2015, 09:38:42 am »

I agree that when we meddle in the Middle East (or significantly anywhere really), we wind up creating unintended consequences (or maybe they are intended?).

We arm one group to kill another group and then the group we armed turns into our enemy. We depose one leader and then what replaces that leader is worse.

It is almost as if our military strategy is one of creating chaos so we can find a way to benefit. Opportunity in chaos may be the strategy of the military industrial complex.

My biggest concern with ISIS is that wide open border we have with Mexico (or Canada for that matter, however there is more "unaccounted" traffic in the southern border) and how many people are getting thru that are not being identified.

Whatever side you stand on in regards to the illegal immigration debate, I am sure everyone can agree that it is important to know who is coming in and out of the country. It should be the most basic of functions for the federal government as a matter of making sure the homeland is protected.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2015, 10:53:46 am »

My biggest concern with ISIS is that wide open border we have with Mexico (or Canada for that matter, however there is more "unaccounted" traffic in the southern border) and how many people are getting thru that are not being identified.

Whatever side you stand on in regards to the illegal immigration debate, I am sure everyone can agree that it is important to know who is coming in and out of the country. It should be the most basic of functions for the federal government as a matter of making sure the homeland is protected.

I'm sure we can all agree that someone is going to get in if they want to get in anyway. Fences and border crossing are just like locks, they only keep out honest people.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2015, 10:58:02 am »

I'm sure we can all agree that someone is going to get in if they want to get in anyway. Fences and border crossing are just like locks, they only keep out honest people.

I'm sure there are solutions that exist that would at least help mitigate the risk. Don't you think?

Or is your solution to have no solution and just let whatever happen happen?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 11:23:11 am »

I'm not saying don't do anything. You need to try to stop what you can. I'm saying that no matter what measure you put in place, the bad guys are looking for ways around it. You may find success in some instances but if they want to get someone in, then someone will get in. It may not be their first attempt and it may not be the same person but someone will always be able to get in.

Border security is a great talking point to raise fear in people but let's be honest. What country does not have an issue with open borders?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 11:25:43 am by Phishfan » Logged
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 11:30:05 am »

I agree that when we meddle in the Middle East (or significantly anywhere really), we wind up creating unintended consequences (or maybe they are intended?).

We arm one group to kill another group and then the group we armed turns into our enemy. We depose one leader and then what replaces that leader is worse.

It is almost as if our military strategy is one of creating chaos so we can find a way to benefit. Opportunity in chaos may be the strategy of the military industrial complex.

I would be a bit more concerned if in fact people who sneak across the boarder actually was a major source of violence.  

Boston Marathon Bombing
Columbine
Sandy Hook
9/11
Oklahoma City
The first world trade center bombing
Colorado Theater
Charleston church shooting
etc.  

Which of these were perpetrated by someone who swam across the Rio Grande to attack Americans?

Ever notice the same folks who want a fence to prevent attacks are the same folks who oppose the one thing that would have prevented half of those attacks....not allowing civilians to own military grade weapons.  

Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 12:07:48 pm »

I'm not saying don't do anything. You need to try to stop what you can. I'm saying that no matter what measure you put in place, the bad guys are looking for ways around it. You may find success in some instances but if they want to get someone in, then someone will get in. It may not be their first attempt and it may not be the same person but someone will always be able to get in.

Border security is a great talking point to raise fear in people but let's be honest. What country does not have an issue with open borders?

You're not saying don't do anything but then you proceed to give all these reasons to make it sound like an exercise in futility.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 12:10:50 pm »

I would be a bit more concerned if in fact people who sneak across the boarder actually was a major source of violence.

So let's wait for it to happen in order to react to it. Let's not be proactive in preventing the problem from happening in the first place.

And let's not do something to at least try to keep track of who is coming into the country. Let's wait til someone dies before we do something...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray