Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:47:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Who can stop the Patriots?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Who can stop the Patriots?  (Read 16207 times)
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2015, 01:10:20 am »

I think if you are traveling backwards and go out of bounds, the clock keeps running.  I remember hearing something about that somewhere.

Since the player was not contacted, I don't think forward progress matters.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2015, 04:11:01 pm »

Since the player was not contacted, I don't think forward progress matters.

Agreed that was a blown call. Two calls that went beyond mistakes because people are human and the game is fast to the point of being utter nonsense. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2015, 04:28:07 pm »

Seems like the call was blown:  http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/11/24/9790016/did-the-refs-cost-the-bills-an-extra-play-at-the-end-of-monday-night

Not that it matters as they weren't going to score anyway, but this was a reviewable mistake that could have been easily corrected.  I think everyone just wanted to go home.

I thought maybe they might call the players out to finish that last play 20 minutes or so later like in that Fins/Pats game a few years ago. 
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2015, 04:49:22 pm »

According to the explanation, they determined Watkins had given himself up on the play so they ran the clock. While he was giving himself up on the play, isn't any player going out of bounds doing the same thing?
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2015, 05:03:39 pm »

According to the explanation, they determined Watkins had given himself up on the play so they ran the clock. While he was giving himself up on the play, isn't any player going out of bounds doing the same thing?
Typical "magic" that seems to happen at every Patriots home game.  Just like the Bills' helmet radios magically stop working on the last drive with 2 minuts to go, costing them at least 30 seconds for a play to be signalled in.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2015, 06:03:17 pm »

Typical "magic" that seems to happen at every Patriots home game.  Just like the Bills' helmet radios magically stop working on the last drive with 2 minuts to go, costing them at least 30 seconds for a play to be signalled in.

The bills have had headset issues during several games this year.  BB is so powerful he caused the Bills headset to malfunction in the London game too.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2015, 09:23:23 pm »

Seeing as LaFell is their #1 receiver, I'll asume they will be losing soon.
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2015, 02:25:47 pm »

The bills have had headset issues during several games this year.  BB is so powerful he caused the Bills headset to malfunction in the London game too.
Right, because BB doesn't ever talk to anyone within the organization.  Because the Steelers didn't magically have their helmets receiving radio earlier this season?  Because this has never happened before at Gilette stadium...
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #53 on: November 25, 2015, 02:50:03 pm »

Right, because BB doesn't ever talk to anyone within the organization.  Because the Steelers didn't magically have their helmets receiving radio earlier this season?  Because this has never happened before at Gilette stadium...

Headset issues have happened in Gillette before.  They have also happened in many, if not, all other NFL stadiums.  Clearly there is a league wide problem.

I would be interested to know if there was some sort of correlation between how frequently a coach throws his headset on the ground in a temper-tantrum and the frequency of that same headset malfunctioning. 

As a Patriots fan I would have loved to have the NFL test and publish the results of every single football this year at the start of the game, half time and end of the game so we we know if drops in air pressure during the game is a natural phenomena.  Patriots want this.  NFL won't do it because they are worried that it will deflate their entire case. 

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #54 on: November 25, 2015, 03:37:37 pm »

Headset issues have happened in Gillette before.  They have also happened in many, if not, all other NFL stadiums.  Clearly there is a league wide problem.

I would be interested to know if there was some sort of correlation between how frequently a coach throws his headset on the ground in a temper-tantrum and the frequency of that same headset malfunctioning. 

As a Patriots fan I would have loved to have the NFL test and publish the results of every single football this year at the start of the game, half time and end of the game so we we know if drops in air pressure during the game is a natural phenomena.  Patriots want this.  NFL won't do it because they are worried that it will deflate their entire case. 

The difference is you'll hear a stadium here, or a stadium there that have this issue once, however, it's a habitual thing with the Patriots.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #55 on: November 29, 2015, 11:49:25 pm »

Unbelievable with the Broncos tonight.  This is just mind-boggling

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #56 on: November 29, 2015, 11:58:57 pm »

We can LOCK THIS THREAD....Pats go down!

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2015, 12:18:16 am »

Two big calls went against NE tonight, but both of them could be justified. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2015, 11:13:16 am »

I guess this thread should be changed to "Who can stop Carolina".
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2015, 11:21:21 am »

Currently, SEA slots out at the #6 seed.  If that holds and we have a SEA (6) at CAR (1) in the second round, I will go ahead and guarantee a SEA victory right now.  Mark the tape.

I'm not saying that CAR is at the same level of fraudulence as Alex Smith's 9-0 Chiefs, but they're definitely the worst 11-0 team I've ever seen.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 11:23:29 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray