Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:33:48 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Philbin Met With Ross
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Philbin Met With Ross  (Read 2629 times)
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« on: October 04, 2015, 05:52:02 pm »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13806890/miami-dolphins-coach-joe-philbin-meets-owner-stephen-ross-team-falls-1-3

Afterwards he told reporters he isn't concerned about his job.

I certainly hope he is oblivious and will be fired within an hour, because otherwise is not taking the opportunity of the bye week to clean house. Joe also said he plans on keeping Coyle, so.....I have no idea.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 06:32:31 pm »

I seriously think that Ross should call up the 49ers and ask if he can hire away Tony Sparano as an interim HC to finish out the season.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 07:30:50 pm »

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/13806890/miami-dolphins-coach-joe-philbin-meets-owner-stephen-ross-team-falls-1-3

Afterwards he told reporters he isn't concerned about his job.

I certainly hope he is oblivious and will be fired within an hour, because otherwise is not taking the opportunity of the bye week to clean house. Joe also said he plans on keeping Coyle, so.....I have no idea.
Even if they were going to fire him .. what would you expect him to say? He's knownfor putting a postivie spin on everything.

Along those same lines I never really understood the hate for Saban as fsar as lying. It's not like he could have said he was considering it during the season.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 07:32:54 pm »

Miami is a serious contender for the #1 overall draft pick. When the defense can't stop anyone and you can't pass protect this is a 2-3 win season easy for the Fins. (which by the way better be a pass rusher, left tackle, or trade down for a boatload of picks)

Tampa and SF are legit competition, they will suck as much as Miami and be in the running for #1 overall. Cleveland's schedule is killer but they fight and play with heart so they will sneak out another win.

Saints, Lions, Eagles, and Bears will all win a few games I have no doubt about that. They stink but they have talent and play in close games.

Miami is picking no worse than 4th. Take it to the bank
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:35:22 pm by MikeO » Logged
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 07:44:18 pm »

Miami is a serious contender for the #1 overall draft pick. When the defense can't stop anyone and you can't pass protect this is a 2-3 win season easy for the Fins. (which by the way better be a pass rusher, left tackle, or trade down for a boatload of picks)

Tampa and SF are legit competition, they will suck as much as Miami and be in the running for #1 overall. Cleveland's schedule is killer but they fight and play with heart so they will sneak out another win.

Saints, Lions, Eagles, and Bears will all win a few games I have no doubt about that. They stink but they have talent and play in close games.

As it stands right now, I agree 100%. Makes me almost wish they keep everyone for the full season so it happens.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2015, 07:45:09 pm »

They will just end up drafting a DE in the first round like they do almost every year.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2015, 07:54:39 pm »

Even if they were going to fire him .. what would you expect him to say? He's knownfor putting a postivie spin on everything.

Along those same lines I never really understood the hate for Saban as fsar as lying. It's not like he could have said he was considering it during the season.

I was more shocked that he had a meeting with Ross and left it with his job. Well, shocked is probably a bad word because these are the Dolphins after all. So, disappointed is probably a better word.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2015, 07:56:45 pm »

Um...you forgot Offensive Guard
Dolphin-UK
Uber Member

I'm not going to type anything here....

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2015, 07:57:21 pm »

I was sort of expecting that they might just tell Philbin they hadn't booked him a flight home!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2015, 08:32:42 pm »

2 of them.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2015, 09:33:39 pm »

NBS said before that Joe's fate will be decided tomorrow. I get the nagging feeling that he will stay on and Coyle will fall. It would help, but Joe lost the lockerroom last year, no miracle turnaround over this.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2015, 09:36:02 pm »

Worst Oline  I.M.O in the NFL.  Should also unload some guys for picks.  So sad, 4 days into October and season already done!

I think they finish at 3-13...probably picking 2nd or 3rd.

ArtieChokePhin
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2015, 09:48:17 pm »

Ross is a complete disaster.  He can fuck up a cup of coffee
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2015, 10:01:30 pm »

You don't draft a GUARD in the Top 5 of the draft
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2015, 10:02:23 pm »

Worst Oline  I.M.O in the NFL.  Should also unload some guys for picks.  So sad, 4 days into October and season already done!

I think they finish at 3-13...probably picking 2nd or 3rd.

Cam Wake is so washed up its worthless. He doesn't even play on 1st or 2nd down anymore. He is a situational pass rusher. If a "contending" team wanted him I would give him away for a late draft pick. 5th or 6th rounder.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray