Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 08:21:36 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is It Possible to Fire Everyone & Start Over???
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Is It Possible to Fire Everyone & Start Over???  (Read 4455 times)
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« on: November 22, 2015, 05:13:21 pm »

Of course I'm joking, but I've never seen a team that flip flops from week to week from one side of the ball doing their job and the other side not

This week it was the Offense's turn.  I thought the DEF actually did pretty well early on, considering our WR, I mean QB, Tannehill  threw a pick-6 to give DAL a 7-0 lead.  They gave up some decent runs early on, but definitely got pressure up front on Romo, hit him and forced 2 picks.

But with the OFF looking so bad early on and falling behind 14-0 right before half, they seemed to righting the ship with a quick 7 to go into halftime down 14-7.  Again, the lack of awareness by Tannehill or the coaching staff is staggering.  I believe RT hit Landry with 55 sec on 1st & 15 and by the time they ran the next play they had wasted 25-30 sec  IIRC. They even had 2 TOs which they could have used!!!  And don't give me the bullshit they were wasting clock so if they were to score, DAL wouldn't have time to do anything with the ball before half.  Cause, let's admit it, any time MIA gets in the redzone or within 20-30 yds, a TD is not a guarantee in this offense.

MIA seemed to come out in the 2nd half fired up and got the ball back with a Romo int.  Though penalties killed the drive, MIA stopped DAL again with a 3 & out and finally drove down for a TD with the ensuing drive to tie the score at 14

From there, MIA offense managed 11 more offensive plays.  DAL kept with the running game and by the end of the game, MIA Def was worn down and pretty much put away the game with several 1st downs.

The OL continues to be the weak link in this team.  Jason Fox had 2-3 holding calls today which negated several nice plays IIRC.  This just isn't an NFL quality OL.  Our depth is poor on the line and nothing we can do about it.  Juwan James being out hurts and he can't get back quick enough. 

I really hope this braintrust realizes the OL is the 1st priority for this team in the off-season and draft.  I can live Tannehill (though he kills me at times) cause we do have some playmakers, but the OL would make this OFF more formidable if this gets addressed.  I'm all for getting rid of Bill Lazor.  He should have went when Coyle did.  His playcalling at critical times is baffling.

Next up is the Jets and there's no way MIA is winning that game.  The best we can hope for is maybe 6-10, which is probably something fans should hope for for a better position in the 2016 Draft.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 05:58:58 pm »

O-line, Coaching, Secondary

Miami is well below average in all 3 areas
hordman
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 06:05:40 pm »

Jamar Taylor is awful.  Don't know what MIA sees in him.

I'd rather be lucky than good.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 06:08:43 pm »

Jamar Taylor is awful.  Don't know what MIA sees in him.

They don't, he's just the best of the garbage pile.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 10:11:54 pm »

I am almost ready to stop watching this team this season.  And that is really saying something.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 10:27:39 pm »

I am almost ready to stop watching this team this season.  And that is really saying something.

I am already cheering for losses to be honest. What good did the Eagles victory do last week other than knock us down in the draft order? We have all seen what 7-9, 8-8 or 9-7 do, and that's just maintain the status quo. 13-3 or 3-13, that's where you want to be.

I hope we lose out unless the Pats are still undefeated when we face them.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 08:01:03 am »

That pretty much sums it up right there.  Nobody is ever going to confuse Tannehill with Marino.  But hardly anyone would be successful at QB with the god-awful O-Line that Miami has (again).  Not making a better effort to fill the glaringly obvious O-Line problems during the off season borders on dereliction of duty. 

Coaches usually get an unfair amount of the blame for poor play.  But I will say that there have been some real head-scratching game decisions made by the coaching staff all year.  Campbell punting on 4th and 6(?) with less than 5 minutes to go when down by 10 near midfield was mind boggling.  Sure, the odds of converting were slim.  But punting near midfield when down by 10 with less than 5 minutes to play on the hopes that your defense can pull of a 3 and out is not smart.

The secondary is what the secondary is.  Late in the year last year, Taylor gave me some false hope by stepping up somewhat.  I thought maybe he was turning the corner.  I was wrong.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 08:24:48 am »

As far as finding a new coach it isn't going to be easy. Miami is already the third best situation to take over behind the Colts and Titans and that's assuming nothing better opens up. Miami didn't help itself on the coaching front by tying the new coach into Tannehill.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 08:39:36 am »

As far as finding a new coach it isn't going to be easy. Miami is already the third best situation to take over behind the Colts and Titans and that's assuming nothing better opens up. Miami didn't help itself on the coaching front by tying the new coach into Tannehill.

Miami is a better opportunity than the Titans. Probably after SD the best job out there in regards to having a competent QB in place (not counting Indy as that job seems to be settled with Saban.) Colts will be #1 open job but they might have Saban in their back pocket already so it might not even be an open job "technically." And with SD maybe moving to LA, maybe not and uncertainty there that job isn't all that great right now.

Tannehill actually helps find a new coach because while he isn't a top end QB, he is better than most if not all QB's on teams that will have an open head coaching positions.  What jobs will be open this year, Cleveland, SF, Houston (O'Brien wants to leave actually he won't be fired), Tenn, SD. With the exception of Rivers in SD....Tannehill is the 2nd best QB on a team that will have an open head coaching position.  Mariotta has only had good days vs teams with horrible defenses. Playing even an average defense and he has been bad to average.  IF Payton leaves the Saints there you have a salary cap nightmare and an older Brees on his last legs, the future there isn't bright. Any coach that comes in may have to move Brees to start over cause that teams window with him is over.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 08:48:32 am »

Miami is a better opportunity than the Titans. Probably after SD the best job out there in regards to having a competent QB in place (not counting Indy as that job seems to be settled with Saban.) Colts will be #1 open job but they might have Saban in their back pocket already so it might not even be an open job "technically." And with SD maybe moving to LA, maybe not and uncertainty there that job isn't all that great right now.

Tannehill actually helps find a new coach because while he isn't a top end QB, he is better than most if not all QB's on teams that will have an open head coaching positions.  What jobs will be open this year, Cleveland, SF, Houston (O'Brien wants to leave actually he won't be fired), Tenn, SD. With the exception of Rivers in SD....Tannehill is the 2nd best QB on a team that will have an open head coaching position.  Mariotta has only had good days vs teams with horrible defenses. Playing even an average defense and he has been bad to average.  IF Payton leaves the Saints there you have a salary cap nightmare and an older Brees on his last legs, the future there isn't bright. Any coach that comes in may have to move Brees to start over cause that teams window with him is over.
I disagree and I even forgot about San Diego so that puches us to fourth.  Mariotta is a much better option than Tannehill and not playing the Patriots twice a year and having to battle them for the division is the cherry on top. Most coaches only have three years tops and New England isn't going anywhere any time soon.  Would you rather play Jax, Houston, and Indy or New England, Jets and Bills to secure your job?

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2015, 09:18:34 am »

Again, the lack of awareness by Tannehill or the coaching staff is staggering.  I believe RT hit Landry with 55 sec on 1st & 15 and by the time they ran the next play they had wasted 25-30 sec  IIRC. They even had 2 TOs which they could have used!!!  And don't give me the bullshit they were wasting clock so if they were to score, DAL wouldn't have time to do anything with the ball before half.  Cause, let's admit it, any time MIA gets in the redzone or within 20-30 yds, a TD is not a guarantee in this offense.

This is one time clock management actually worked and you are complaining? Yes they were running the clock down so Dallas would not have time left. What does that have to do with feeling Miami has an automatic TD, nothing. Regardless of if it is a TD, FG, or no points at all the second point of emphasis is to not give Dallas any time. This is one of the few times they performed clock management well and to their objective (got a TD and took off time) and you complain?

There was too much other stuff to worry about in this game.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2015, 10:36:10 am »

I disagree and I even forgot about San Diego so that puches us to fourth.  Mariotta is a much better option than Tannehill and not playing the Patriots twice a year and having to battle them for the division is the cherry on top. Most coaches only have three years tops and New England isn't going anywhere any time soon.  Would you rather play Jax, Houston, and Indy or New England, Jets and Bills to secure your job?

Tom Brady is almost 40, he is going somewhere soon, retirement!. To think he isn't retiring soon is foolish. As you saw with Peyton (and we saw with Marino)....there comes a time where it's just over and the body can't hold up anymore in the NFL. Brady is in for the same fate. It's gonna happen overnight and it's gonna happen quick....and it will happen.

I won't debate Mariotta because its silly, he hasn't been good this year. He had 2 really big games against 2 awful defenses. He's a rookie but hasn't shown flashes of anything other than being an ordinary player. To me he is on par with Tannehill but not better in any way. And you make no sense in your post, I would rather be in a division with Tyrod Taylor/Geno Smith/Ryan Fitzpatrick and a Brady near retirement opposed to in a division with a young Luck and Bortels.  The Bills and Jets suck too I hate to break it do ya and there QB situation isn't getting better anytime soon. Luck and Bortles aren't going anywhere for many many years.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2015, 03:55:25 pm »

If you are thinking that way you are not head coach material.  For all of Rex Ryan's flaws he does had the right (winning attitude) when he took the Jets job.  He wasn't afraid to take on BB and TB twice a year, and he wasn't in the division "to kiss a ring"  If you are making a career choice based on wanting to be in a weak division you don't have what it takes to win in any division.     

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2015, 04:00:03 pm »

If you are thinking that way you are not head coach material.  For all of Rex Ryan's flaws he does had the right (winning attitude) when he took the Jets job.  He wasn't afraid to take on BB and TB twice a year, and he wasn't in the division "to kiss a ring"  If you are making a career choice based on wanting to be in a weak division you don't have what it takes to win in any division.     
Surely you do realize what is stated publicly and what is thought behind closed doors are two different things. Everyone weighs the pros and cons to each job and if you don't think competition plays a part of that then you are fooling yourself. 

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2015, 04:01:34 pm »

^^ if that is your thinking behind closed doors than you shouldn't be a head coach in the NFL. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray