Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:59:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Is It Possible to Fire Everyone & Start Over???
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Is It Possible to Fire Everyone & Start Over???  (Read 4456 times)
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 04:04:15 pm »

^^ if that is your thinking behind closed doors than you shouldn't be a head coach in the NFL. 
It happens in high school and college too. I really don't understand why you have hard time grasping that. Fans may easily say that Belichick and Brady suck but I can assure you that they both have complete respect of their peers and more coaches would rather avoid them, especially in the proving years, than face them.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 04:14:34 pm »

I agree with you on respect.  But I don't thing Big Ben was lying when he said he wanted to play and beat Brady not Jimmy G.  He got to play against Brady (didn't win though, maybe he would if it was Jimmy G).  Competitors don't just want to win, they want to beat the best. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 04:38:58 pm »

I don't doubt that but Big Ben has two Super Bowl rings. I'm sure Jameis Winston would rather play the Eagles than the Patriots as well as other up and coming QBs. I don't know that he would say that publicly ( i wouldn't expect him to either) but I'd a have a hard time buying into that as truth if it came from him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 07:51:57 pm »

Fans may easily say that Belichick and Brady suck but I can assure you that they both have complete respect of their peers and more coaches would rather avoid them, especially in the proving years, than face them.
You don't get to the NFL level without believing that you are better than Brady and Belichick.

Now, does Marvin Lewis still believe that he's better than Belichick after a decade plus of getting his teeth kicked in?  Probably not.
Does Ryan Fitzpatrick still believe that he's better than Brady after getting stomped for nearly as long?  Probably not.

But you'd better believe that when they were first hired as HC/promoted to starter, they thought that they were, and expected that this was their chance to prove it... in exactly the same way that 6th-round-pick Brady and failed Browns HC Belichick almost certainly believed that they were better than their competition, and just needed the opportunity to show it.

So if you believe that you're better than the other guy, and beating him will prove it to everyone else, why wouldn't you want to play him? Would you really want to beat the Patriots after a fortuitous meteor hit the Patriots' practice facility and put Brady and Belichick in the hospital?  What would that even prove?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 08:01:23 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 08:39:23 pm »

You don't get to the NFL level without believing that you are better than Brady and Belichick.

Yup.  Rex Ryan believes Bills are going to win tonight, despite the fact that all objective evidence suggests that is unlikely. 

As he should!!!!

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 09:01:50 am »

Do you guys even know any NFL players or coaches? You do realize they are just like you and me. Don't believe everything you see on HBO. Not everyone is Ray freaking Lewis and Rex Ryan.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 04:13:36 pm »

Do you guys even know any NFL players or coaches? You do realize they are just like you and me. Don't believe everything you see on HBO. Not everyone is Ray freaking Lewis and Rex Ryan.

Don't know anyone in the NFL.  But I do know people who play(ed) high school and college sports.  And never heard any of them say "I hope we get to play only weak teams because if we play good teams we might lose" 100% of them wanted to play and beat the best. 

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2015, 08:29:48 am »

Don't know anyone in the NFL.  But I do know people who play(ed) high school and college sports.  And never heard any of them say "I hope we get to play only weak teams because if we play good teams we might lose" 100% of them wanted to play and beat the best. 
Hoodie ... that is absolutely silly. Most every athlete I know, including myself, watches scores and brackets in hopes of not having to face the tougher teams until the end. Spend five minutes at a pop warner game or soccer field and listen to the parents because that starts at a young age. The high school teams are definitely doing it too. If you don't think the Orlando football teams are not following each other and hoping for upsets so they don't have to play each other in the playoffs then you are completely fooling yourself.

MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2015, 09:10:37 pm »

That is beyond a silly notion. Every player wants the path of easiest resistance to a championship. And anyone who says otherwise is lying
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 10:08:39 am »

That is beyond a silly notion. Every player wants the path of easiest resistance to a championship. And anyone who says otherwise is lying

Your clairvoyance is astounding. Amazing how you can read the minds of the millions of athletes around the world.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2015, 05:54:38 pm »

So in your world, when people say things like, "The Warriors are a weak, paper champion because they didn't have to play the Spurs or the Clippers, and the Cavs didn't have two of their important players," the players on the Warriors just say, "so what, I got the ring anyway"?

Why do you think professional athletes even care about winning a championship in the first place?  It's about their ego!  Winning a championship is supposed to mean that you're the best, but if people are saying that you're a fraud and your title doesn't really count (e.g. the Spurs after they won the '98 lockout season), you don't get the satisfaction of being the best.

This is not a complex concept.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 05:56:18 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray