Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 03:35:53 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Tannehill  (Read 47296 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 29, 2015, 04:52:01 pm »

From what I saw I put little blame on him

what about you

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 05:18:05 pm »

The coaching staff is trying to change him from how he was last year when he was very successful, and I don't know why. It's a big story now that they are having a "power struggle" with management over how to use him. They feel he is a game manager and nothing more, ownership does not, hence the $86 Million contract.

I used quotation marks because Tannenbaum will be here next year while the whole coaching staff will not, so it's not really a fair fight.

Tanny isn't the best QB in the NFL, but if you set him up to succeed he will as he showed last year. When he has to run for his life and have coaches not let him run the offense, he will struggle because he isn't a Manning or Rodgers.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 05:32:38 pm »

350 yards and 3 TD's with a center who couldn't snap the ball. I wouldn't blame him too much

Giving up close to 40pts is the real problem
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 05:38:05 pm »

350 yards and 3 TD's with a center who couldn't snap the ball. I wouldn't blame him too much

Giving up close to 40pts is the real problem

HAHAHAHAHA  Literally 75% of his production was in the exact definition of garbage time. Same with Landry. Not too hard to put up good stats when the other team doesn't give a fuck.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 05:50:05 pm »

HAHAHAHAHA  Literally 75% of his production was in the exact definition of garbage time. Same with Landry. Not too hard to put up good stats when the other team doesn't give a fuck.
You talking about the Jets defense in the 4th quarter or the Dolphins defense in the first 3?

If Tannehill put up 50 on the Jets, the defense would have given up 51, but what the hell it's always the QB's fault when you lose. What exactly has happened to Grimes by the way? Is he hurt? He can't cover anyone these days. Rashad Jones would make a better LB than anybody Miami has at the position.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:58:23 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 05:53:40 pm »

Your sick obsession with Landry is disturbing. Every thread you find a way to bring him up
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 05:56:02 pm »

Tannehill was 19 for 30 for 238 yards when the team was down by 21 points or more today.  Landry had 118 yards when the team was down 21 points or more.   

Stat padders.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 06:01:51 pm »

Landry was good again.  Tannehill still making big time mistakes.  That INT in the first half was on him..IMO.

The Oline sucks and along with his contract we have to give him more time to truly see what he can do.

Hoping next year with a NEW coaching staff and philosophy, along with a DECENT Oline, he can make that next step.

Huh Huh Huh
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 06:15:07 pm »

Hoping next year with a NEW coaching staff and philosophy, along with a DECENT Oline, he can make that next step.

Hickey has to go too. This o-line needs to be blown up. Thomas has to be gone. Good chance Albert is gone. Turner is a back-up at best. Douglas is awful.
miamid45
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 06:20:37 pm »

Hickey has to go too. This o-line needs to be blown up. Thomas has to be gone. Good chance Albert is gone. Turner is a back-up at best. Douglas is awful.

Agreed, I'd blow up the whole Oline.  Think Pouncey is overrated...could a new line do any worse,even 5 rookies?
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 06:26:08 pm »

Agreed, I'd blow up the whole Oline.  Think Pouncey is overrated...could a new line do any worse,even 5 rookies?

Pouncey just got a long term deal he is here for a while. James is here. After that everyone else is able to be moved. Another year of Turner, Thomas, and Douglas in any combination I cannot stomach
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 06:33:14 pm »

The playcalling does nothing to help the offensive line. The defense front four never has to play the run, it is always just rush the qb.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:30 pm »

I don't know Albert's contract situation, but it might be best to hang onto him if a suitable replacement can't be found. We need 2 new guards though more than anything. It has to be the #1 and 2 priority this offseason. We got other needs, but no more.

#3 priority is teaching Tanny to just throw the ball away like Brady does. The O-Line is terrible, but he can limit his QB hits if he just hucks it at the feet of a Linemen more often.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 07:18:27 pm »

Tannehill has regressed this season.  You can blame the three years of a crappy Oline, or the crappy coaching; but ultimately HE has regressed.  When you have good RB's and good WR's, he should be making more plays.  He just doesn't seem to look like a leader on the field.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched next season under a new HC.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 07:25:37 pm »

Tannehill has regressed this season.  You can blame the three years of a crappy Oline, or the crappy coaching; but ultimately HE has regressed.  When you have good RB's and good WR's, he should be making more plays.  He just doesn't seem to look like a leader on the field.  I wouldn't be surprised to see him benched next season under a new HC.

Not gonna bench a guy they just gave $96 mil too. Any head coach that wants to bench him probably shouldn't take the Miami job and Tannenbaum isn't going to hire to begin with
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray