Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:42:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Tannehill
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print
Author Topic: Tannehill  (Read 47299 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 07:33:06 pm »

Not gonna bench a guy they just gave $96 mil too. Any head coach that wants to bench him probably shouldn't take the Miami job and Tannenbaum isn't going to hire to begin with

C'mon you know it's actually $45M over three years.  Peyton is getting a higher avg over two years, yet you believe the the Bronco's will bench him, so it's not a stretch.  It wouldn't be the first time a team benched a highly compensated QB.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2015, 07:34:22 pm »

Tanny was awful for 3 quarters today. He directly contributed to the game getting out of hand early with poor passes and bad decision making.  It's a shame we're tied to him and his contract.  This team is doomed if he ever has to be anything other than a care taker.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2015, 07:43:56 pm »

C'mon you know it's actually $45M over three years.  Peyton is getting a higher avg over two years, yet you believe the the Bronco's will bench him, so it's not a stretch.  It wouldn't be the first time a team benched a highly compensated QB.

Bad analogy with Peyton. I will get to that in a minute. The next head coach of the Dolphins is the guy who walks into the interview and says...."I can fix this offense and make Tannehill better." Any potential head coach who walks in and says well we might need competition at QB and we will see blah blah blah, ain't getting the job. Cause the guy who is deciding on the head coach just gave a lot of money to Tannehill. So he believes in him, the next head coach better believe in him. So this notion of him being benched ain't gonna happen.

On to Peyton and that awful analogy. He is 39 going on 40 years old, the skills are diminished and he is injured. He isn't getting benched because of anything else other than he got hurt. If he didn't get hurt, he never would have got benched. Period. End of debate.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 11:38:37 pm »

From what I saw:

Tannehill had not running game whatsoever

His defense can't stop anybody so he feels like he has to score on every single drive

His receivers drop passes constantly and can't get open.

His center can't snap the ball to him.

His line can't protect him.

That is from what I saw in the game.

Did you guys see anything different?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 11:46:01 pm »

Bad analogy with Peyton. I will get to that in a minute. The next head coach of the Dolphins is the guy who walks into the interview and says...."I can fix this offense and make Tannehill better." Any potential head coach who walks in and says well we might need competition at QB and we will see blah blah blah, ain't getting the job. Cause the guy who is deciding on the head coach just gave a lot of money to Tannehill. So he believes in him, the next head coach better believe in him. So this notion of him being benched ain't gonna happen.

On to Peyton and that awful analogy. He is 39 going on 40 years old, the skills are diminished and he is injured. He isn't getting benched because of anything else other than he got hurt. If he didn't get hurt, he never would have got benched. Period. End of debate.

Wrong, perfect analogy with Peyton.  YOU said they wouldn't bench Tannehill because they just signed him to a big contract, and I pointed out that there is more to the issue than whether a guy is paid a big salary, which Peyton is paid.  If the Dolphins continue playing poorly this year without leadership from Tannehill, AND they start out next year with the same; you will see Tannehill benched, just like they fired Philbin this year.  I'm not saying that's going to happen (nor do I want it to happen), but it is within the realm of possibilities.  Exclamation mark. End of discourse.
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 11:52:05 pm »

Wrong, perfect analogy with Peyton.  YOU said they wouldn't bench Tannehill because they just signed him to a big contract, and I pointed out that there is more to the issue than whether a guy is paid a big salary, which Peyton is paid.  If the Dolphins continue playing poorly this year without leadership from Tannehill, AND they start out next year with the same; you will see Tannehill benched, just like they fired Philbin this year.  I'm not saying that's going to happen (nor do I want it to happen), but it is within the realm of possibilities.  Exclamation mark. End of discourse.

Peyton is 39 going on 40 with diminished skills on the brink of retirement. Not a player who got his 2nd contract in his 20's. As I said a new coach who when hired is going to be hired to fix the offense and improve Tannehill isn't going to bench him a few games or half a season into his head coaching Dolphins career. You are very naive to believe that.  Your knowledge of the NFL and how it works can fit into a thimble. Very naive on this matter.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2015, 11:59:08 pm »

Peyton is 39 going on 40 with diminished skills on the brink of retirement. Not a player who got his 2nd contract in his 20's. As I said a new coach who when hired is going to be hired to fix the offense and improve Tannehill isn't going to bench him a few games or half a season into his head coaching Dolphins career. You are very naive to believe that.  Your knowledge of the NFL and how it works can fit into a thimble. Very naive on this matter.

We can't all be junior wanna be GM's, but you never disappoint in the insult department.   Roll Eyes
MikeO
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 12:02:09 am »

We can't all be junior wanna be GM's, but you never disappoint in the insult department.   Roll Eyes

not about junior wanna be GM's....it's common sense and logic. The team president gives Tannehill a $96/45 mill long-term deal. Then is going to hire a coach who is going to be itchy to bench him half-way through his first season as head coach? Not happening. The team president is going to find a GM and head coach who thinks like him, and is on the same page as him especially regarding Tannehill and the QB. They are going to find a head coach who says..."I can make it work with him"....and not a guy who is going to be itchy to bench him the first time things don't go perfect.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 12:03:20 am »

Anybody want to respond to me please?  I mean, did you see what I saw today?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 08:09:03 am »

They feel he is a game manager and nothing more

I am confused. If the coaching staff feels this way, why are they having him throw so much and why do they call so few runs? Seems like they are asking the game manager to carry the team. Sounds like inept coaching to me.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 08:23:38 am »

Anybody want to respond to me please?  I mean, did you see what I saw today?
I have concerns about just what Tannehill is capable of but he does have some things working against him. the guy get s hit constantly and takes some brutal hits but keeps getting up. Until he is allowed to feel comfortable back there I don't know that we will ever see his maximum potential. It's been many years now ... hopefully someone in the front office will finally see that we need an O-line to play in this league.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2015, 09:56:38 pm »

HAHAHAHAHA  Literally 75% of his production was in the exact definition of garbage time. Same with Landry. Not too hard to put up good stats when the other team doesn't give a fuck.

Ryan Tannehill: 6 of his 20 TD passes have been when trailing by 20+ points this year. The NFL record is 8 (Archie Manning, 1972). Any takers on whether or not he breaks Manning's record?
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2015, 11:50:59 pm »

He could have got one today, but instead he ran it in for a touchdown. 

Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2015, 01:22:01 pm »

The way I see it with Tannehill is that we all know pretty much what his "floor" is.  His "floor" is mediocrity.  Not horrible, but mediocre.  But his offensive line has been so god-awful his entire tenure here, that I really don't think we can know what his "ceiling" is or what his consistent level of play with a decent O-Line would be.  He clearly isn't going to be a Hall of Famer.  But I think that with a decent O-Line he could actually be a decent QB. 
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2015, 01:57:28 pm »

He doesn't make the players around him better. He seems to not be able to read defenses too well which makes the oline seem a lot worse than it actually is. He isn't terrible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 16 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray