Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:52:28 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  All the money's on Carolina.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: All the money's on Carolina.  (Read 3287 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 29, 2016, 01:10:57 pm »

70 something percent of the spread money was on Carolina, giving 3-something points.
80 something percent of total bets were on Carolina.

It swung the line several points to 6-something.

Carolina has looked great, but are people sleeping on Denver?

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 01:18:06 pm »

I heard even higher numbers, but that was yesterday. I'm pretty confident in Carolina and I expect this line is going to need to swing even more to have people start picking Denver.
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 02:26:44 pm »

I'm expecting a pretty good thrashing by Carolina who will probably have the game in the bag by half time. Unless Denver's D plays light out, I don't think Denver has a shot.
EKnight
GameDay Trolls
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 02:36:24 pm »

No. People are not sleeping on Denver. All season long I watched Carolina play lights out in small stretches- sometimes even a half, but they nearly gave away games to GB, Indy, NO, NYG, and Seattle in the playoffs. I kept wondering if they could ever put together a complete game. Last week they did and absolutely destroyed the Arizona team that many people were picking to upset them. Carolina showed what they can do. If they play that way against Denver, they may drop 40 on their #1 defense.
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 02:43:14 pm »

There was a statistic published somewhere and I can't find it now. Something like... teams that score 40+ games in a playoff game are something like 5-12 the following game.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 03:06:22 pm »

This is the Super Bowl. Bright lights have a way of affecting people differently. Don't forget the last time Denver was there. They took a pounding two years ago in Super Bowl. Manning had his best season ever with 60 TDs and 11 INTs coming into the Super Bowl but it still resulted in a 43-8  that no one saw coming. That game was an absolute embarrassment that I'm pretty certain won't happen again.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 03:55:54 pm »

Top-ranked offense vs. top-ranked defense has historically not turned out well for the former.

BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 04:26:26 pm »

Carolina wins it but it won't be a blowout.  I agree with what Brian Fein said in another thread.  Carolina wins something like 20-14 and that's "running away with it"

Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 08:29:01 pm »

I'm loving this. Anytime the betting is that skewed the book usually cleans up. My only fear is the Broncos lose outright, but cover the line.

I think the problem here for Denver is that they must get an early lead to remain competitive. It's unlikely they could win this one coming from behind. With their shotty offensive line. Frankenstein would be hosting up the dying quails that he's so well known for on the big stage.

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 08:58:50 pm »

People aren't sleeping on Denver's defense, but probably see that Peyton played horribly most of the year and Carolina doesn't need to overcome the defense if Peyton throws a bunch of INT's or can't move the ball effectively.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 03:26:07 pm »

I just got back from Las Vegas and was looking at the various prop bets for the Super Bowl, and they had an over/under time of 8 minutes 13 seconds into the first quarter before dolphins4life declares a team lost due to a missed field goal.  I took the under for $20.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 03:52:54 pm »

I just got back from Las Vegas and was looking at the various prop bets for the Super Bowl, and they had an over/under time of 8 minutes 13 seconds into the first quarter before dolphins4life declares a team lost due to a missed field goal.  I took the under for $20.

Safest bet you'll ever make...unless he decides it's the refs in this game and not the kicker.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2016, 12:51:25 pm »

Safest bet you'll ever make...unless he decides it's the refs in this game and not the kicker.

Damn Stroke, I should have listened to you!
Rich
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2016, 02:47:30 pm »

There was a statistic published somewhere and I can't find it now. Something like... teams that score 40+ games in a playoff game are something like 5-12 the following game.

5-13.
Denver_Bronco
Uber Member

America's team

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2016, 08:42:39 pm »

I'm loving this. Anytime the betting is that skewed the book usually cleans up. My only fear is the Broncos lose outright, but cover the line.

I think the problem here for Denver is that they must get an early lead to remain competitive. It's unlikely they could win this one coming from behind. With their shotty offensive line. Frankenstein would be hosting up the dying quails that he's so well known for on the big stage.
On the money...as usual. This guy knows his stuff!

Bronco: An unbroken or imperfectly broken range horse of western No. America
Donkey: Descendant of the African wild ass that has been used as a beast of burden since 4000BC.
Jackass: Someone who doesn't know the difference.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray