Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:04:32 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  NFL Draft Notes
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: NFL Draft Notes  (Read 10791 times)
Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« on: April 29, 2016, 09:24:58 pm »

So tampa bay just traded a 3rd rounder and a 4th rounder in order to trade ahead of new england to draft a kicker in the 2nd round.

whaaaaaaaaaa???
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 09:36:34 pm »

Seems a little extreme, but it isn't just any kicker. It's Roberto Aguayo, and he is arguably the most accurate kicker of a football since...the invention of the football.

With the new extra point rules, a kicker that is pretty much a lock to hit every one of them...and pretty much all of the FGs as well, has value.

Still...a kicker in round two?

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 09:59:28 pm »

Instead of using Walter Payton award winners or old school HoFers for the upcoming Browns and Jaguars picks, could we get Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon to announce the selections? The NFL Network could do a remote feed for them from outside a marijuana dispensary in Denver...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2016, 11:44:30 pm »

They could've had him early in the third round.  Licht, who looked like a genius in the first two rounds, just dropped a huge turd in the punch bowl.   

This guy better be another Janikowski.  That's the only way this pick is a wise investment

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2016, 12:13:53 am »

Licht, who looked like a genius in the first two rounds, just dropped a huge turd in the punch bowl.

This guy better be another Janikowski.  That's the only way this pick is a wise investment

Then count it as a wise investment, because he really is better than Sea Bass. The moment he steps on an NFL field, he will be one of the best boots in the league, if not "the" best.

Your Bucs have grabbed three excellent players so far...the punch is still safe to drink. Wink

~ Micah Leggat
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2016, 12:16:29 am »

they are now paying a kicker 2nd round draft pick money and they gave up draft picks to trade up to get him when the last kicker drafted this high was Mike Nugent god knows how many years ago. That is laughing stock of the league material stuff right there
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2016, 01:40:23 am »

^^^ Yeah, I can't argue about the trading of extra picks...that seemed a bit excessive.

The 2nd round salary thing isn't really a thing at all. The total estimated contract value for that slot is a hair over $4 million. If Tampa had waited until their pick in round 3, that slot is estimated at just over $3.3 million. So, the difference over the entire life of the contract is less than $750k. If Tampa is as sure as I am about Aguayo's NFL future, and they thought one of the 14 teams between #60-#73 was going to snatch him up, then what the hell...go get the player you want.

~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2016, 11:41:19 am »

^^^ Yeah, I can't argue about the trading of extra picks...that seemed a bit excessive.

The 2nd round salary thing isn't really a thing at all. The total estimated contract value for that slot is a hair over $4 million. If Tampa had waited until their pick in round 3, that slot is estimated at just over $3.3 million. So, the difference over the entire life of the contract is less than $750k. If Tampa is as sure as I am about Aguayo's NFL future, and they thought one of the 14 teams between #60-#73 was going to snatch him up, then what the hell...go get the player you want.

Alot of experts aren't thinking the way Tampa was thinking.  Almost all projections had him going in the early 4th round.  That being the case, the Bucs didn't have to trade up to get him.   They could've gotten Bullard in the third, then had two fourth rounders to use and he probably would've still been there

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2016, 01:24:59 pm »

You could be right...but we'll never know. Congratulations on getting an awesome kicker. Wink

~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2016, 01:51:00 pm »

Kicking is so underrated.  I don't know why you people don't seem to realize that. 

To me, it would be worth a second round pick for somebody could guarantee that almost every time you score, the opponent has to start at the twenty on their next drive.

To say nothing about distance and accuracy.  Imagine how less pressure is on an offense knowing that if reach the 38 yard line, you are almost guaranteed to score.

In this case, I don't know much about this kicker, so I don't know if this guy is that kind of kicker.  The Bucs will find out. 

From Miami's history, I do know how critical kicking is.  It cost the Dolphins playoff berths in 2002, 2003, 2005, possibly 2006, 2012, and 2013. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 02:10:55 pm »

^HEY!  What do you mean, "you people"?
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 02:29:24 pm »

From Miami's history, I do know how critical kicking is.  It cost the Dolphins playoff berths in 2002, 2003, 2005, possibly 2006, 2012, and 2013. 

WTF?
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 02:36:57 pm »

You could be right...but we'll never know. Congratulations on getting an awesome kicker. Wink

Won't argue with that

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 03:06:33 pm »

Kicking is so underrated.  I don't know why you people don't seem to realize that. 

In this case, I don't know much about this kicker, so I don't know if this guy is that kind of kicker.  The Bucs will find out. 

In 3 years at Florida State, Roberto Aguayo lined up to kick either a field goal or an extra point 276 times. He made the kick 267 times. 198 for 198 on extra points and 69 of 78 on field goals. He leaves Florida State as the most accurate kicker in NCAA history.

~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 04:57:21 pm »

^^^^

I will look up his splits later today about distance.

I will also have to look up what his kickoffs were.  Janikowski was the kind of kicker who could guarantee a touchback. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray