Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:51:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your top 5 or so favorite stadiums,arena's or ballparks?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Your top 5 or so favorite stadiums,arena's or ballparks?  (Read 4012 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: May 25, 2016, 11:50:53 am »

(This goes because Miami got the superbowl,and some tweets about liking certain places over others)

They can be any sport,you can divide them by sport if you wish,hodge podge them together...They might be place you want to go,love seeing a game on t.v,etc...

So what are you favorite stadiums,ballparks,arena's,sport's venues?

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2016, 12:04:33 pm »

Mine are fairly bland....

1.) Wrigley field - Even with the new scoreboards,and upgrades it's still Wrigley.I admit,there is a downside of them that I do miss a little.I used to like to see the ball hawks,and strange characters wondering outside the walls of Wrigley during a game.The cameras coming back from a break,or in a slow moment would catch some funny,interesting things. The big scoreboards,and extra advertising,has moved that type of thing to the front where the Marquee is. It was probably going away without the new video boards,as we don't play as many day games as we used to.

2.) Fenway park - I don't watch much AL baseball,as I'm not a fan of it. I do like to catch a few inning occasionally when the Red sox are home.

3.) At&T park in SF -The cove,the stuff going on around it,the look...

4.) Petco park - The building in Left,and the beach section,the view outside is just cool to me...

5.) A tie,but it's because we're there a lot. PNC park in Pittsburgh & Great American Ball park in Cincy - Love the bridge in Pit.,and they are both a river...Today I might say Pittsburgh,tomorrow I might say Cincinnati..

Honorable Mention - Minute Maid park in Houston.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2016, 12:11:51 pm »

Places I have been:
Milan Puskar Stadium - nothing like joining in for a "Take me Home, County Roads" sing along
Dolphins Stadium - say what you will guys but it our team's home and it is good enough to host another Super Bowl
Amway Center - I hate the name but I really liked the building

Places I'd like to go:
Orlando City Stadium - currently under construction
Staples Center - I love the fact that I saw the Lakers as the most hated NBA team in our survey. I can't wait until they are back on top and everyone is miserable
« Last Edit: May 25, 2016, 12:13:31 pm by Phishfan » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2016, 12:13:38 pm »

I don't really know, as I haven't been there.  The three places I'd really like to see are Wrigley, Fenway, and Lambeau

I'm considering traveling to a game a year.  I'd like to see San Diego, LA, Seattle, and New Orleans, but mostly because I find the cities interesting.

I drink your milkshake!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2016, 01:46:37 pm »

Hadlock Park  (Home of yoooouuuurrrr Portland Sea Dogs!)
Roughrider Field  (Yavapai College baseball)
Camden Yards
Petco Park

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2016, 04:07:57 pm »

The coolest for me was Camden Yards but I'm pretty limited on ones I've been to. Watching the Braves in the old Fulton County Stadium was also a treat. One day I would love to visit all of them but Wrigley, Fenway and Lambeau would be tops. I would have also loved to have visited Tiger Stadium and the Old Yankee Stadium.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 08:30:04 am »

errr I've never been to any of the stadiums,Wrigley,and Fenway,Ohhh yeah I'd love to go there one day... Grin Camden yard is a good one too...Again being an AL team, I don't think about them, the Mariners home park is pretty cool too.

I feel like Baseball parks tend to be much more unique,and have much more differences.I feel Football stadiums are starting to be a little more diverse,but not the same as baseball.

I admit,The Dolphins stadium,I'm a bit tainted after years of hearing about the experiences here.I know going to one game is different than living there,and going to 8 games a year.Also the current upgrades doesn't mean your getting broiled in the upper deck. Cheesy

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2016, 10:55:16 am »

Of the stadiums I've been to the only one that I liked aesthetically was Camden Yards, and maybe the old Yankee Stadium but that was almost 40 years ago and I don't remember too much.  I kinda liked the big sombrero in Tampa.  The old Vet Stadium in Philly was built in the dual usage time and nothing great.  Met Life Stadium in Jersey isn't that great.  The Ralph in Buffalo, even after the upgrades, is still a pretty bland stadium.

The stadiums I'd like to go to are Cowboy Stadium, Fenway, new Yankee stadium, Wrigley, Heinz Field, and the new Dolphins Stadium.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2016, 05:20:08 pm »

I don't know that it's one of the best stadiums but I really like Tampa's football stadium.   It feels unique.  It has a style and flavor to it that's different than these cookie cutter bowls.  It's got the pirate ship and little Caribbean-style kiosks for food and beer.

Jacksonville is simple, but nice enough.

I hate Met-Life.  Cold, gray -- dull, lifeless.  It's too big and feels like a prison.  Impersonal.  It's such a shame, since it represents   the most eclectic city in the world.

I've been to Dallas Stadium but never watched a game there.  It's impressive but just not my style.  It's so incredibly large.  I guess it fits the "everything is bigger in Texas" small-penis complex.

I really like the Houston Texans stadium.  It's kinda similar to the feel of the Marlins stadium.  It feels indoors and outdoors at the same time, it's a newer design that isn't just a plain bowl.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2016, 01:33:34 pm »

^^^^Oh yes ... I like Tampa's too. It's a great place to watch a game where you know who the home team is. Jacksonville is almost like Dolphin Stadium to me. it feels like it was built for something else but an NFL team plays there. The swimming pools in Jacksonville are the best feature to me. 

Although I've never been bothered by the heat, I'm really looking forward to seeing the new improvements at Dolphins Stadium.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2016, 01:50:30 pm »

Although I've never been bothered by the heat

A big guy like you? I sweat just thinking of a game in September.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2016, 09:32:44 am »

A big guy like you? I sweat just thinking of a game in September.
I'm used to being outside and drink a ton of water. I'm usually the first to sweat but the heat doesn't bother me.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2016, 09:38:30 pm »

Brag topic:  USF plays all of thier home games at Ray Jay.  I get to watch all the home games in a suite through work.  It is indeed a cool stadium.  They are getting a larger and more modern Jumbotron this year.
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 09:59:12 am »

1:  BB&T Park, Charlotte - the best experience in professional baseball.
2:  Hadlock Field, Portland, ME.  The second best experience in professional baseball.
3:  MCU Park. Brooklyn, NY.  Make sure you sit behind home plate.
4:  Campbell's Field, Camden, NJ.  Was assigned this once when I was still scouting.  It's Camden, NJ; thus, I was *pissed.*  Went back several times after on my own dime.
5:  McCoy Stadium, Providence, RI.  Heartbroken they are tearing it down.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray