Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 03:08:45 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  MLB Trade deadline Thoughts and wishes for your team
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MLB Trade deadline Thoughts and wishes for your team  (Read 3015 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: July 22, 2016, 03:37:31 pm »

August 1st is the MLB trade deadline,and this year's one helluva seller's market.

What do you want your favorite team to do?

( feel free to add any other thoughts on your team at this point in the season)

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 03:55:30 pm »

I'm not sure how much I'd want to do,the Cubs traded for LHP Mike Montgomery,and got a AAA Pitcher Pries when we sent Vogelbach 1B/DH ,and RHP Blackburn to the Mariners.

Rumored to have some interest in Josh Reddick, I'm fine with the player,but not as much of the need.

I feel like I'd rather have another pitcher. A starter that we could use in the bullpen,or a bullpen guy that we could use to start. Arrietta,and Lackey both free agents after 2017,and Hammel has an option yr for 2017 that's 3/5 of our rotation...

***Mini rant warning***
I'm SOOOOoooo baffled by the writers,and fan thinking we're going to trade Kyle Schwarber for a relief pitcher (Ie Miller/and or Chapman),or anyone for that matter while he's hurt.They also feel like we're going to trade the farm if we don't trade Schwarber.

I just can't see Theo Epstein,in the final year of his contract,selling the farm system cache (that took 4 yrs to build) to go for it in yr 2 of your window of being good.

***End rant***

Yes my Rant does kind of contrdict my concern,and wishes for the trade deadline. Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 03:57:13 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 10:23:05 am »

Hating the Chapman trade....Fucking hate this move...Trade our number 1 prospect,plus our"back option" if we have a rotation injury +2 2 more for a rental...Such a horrid move. Angry

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 01:41:52 pm »

My Padres are big-time sellers this season...trying to replenish the farm after AJ Preller tried to go crazy last year. I really like the prospect we got for Pomerantz from the Red Sox, and I am pretty sure we'll make a couple more deals before the deadline.

Agree with Lil_B...I thought Chicago got hosed by the Yanks on the Chapman deal.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 11:41:53 pm »

Hating the Chapman trade....Fucking hate this move...Trade our number 1 prospect,plus our"back option" if we have a rotation injury +2 2 more for a rental...Such a horrid move. Angry

Rental?  Easy solution.  Lock that fireballer into a long term deal

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2016, 12:53:15 pm »

^^ very,very small almost Nil chances of that happening. He didn't want to talk about it with the Yankees,yet keeps saying he wants to go back to the Yankees (He Wants to be a free agent)...

I feel the Cubs are 0-3 on trades this year.

1.) Arismendy Alcantara for a struggling Chris Coghlan,who was sucking in Oakland,and sucked back with the Cubs before landing on the DL.

2.) The Chapman trade,which essentially gave them Starlin Castro (I was not his fan,but that trade might as been a waiver claim) Plus 2 of your top 5 prospects,and a Flier prospect.

3.) Mike Montgomery (and AAA SP Pries) for Dan Vogelbach,and Prospect Pitcher Paul Blackburn...I initially was ok withthis trade,(over paid but....a Lhp that can start or relieve,and has years control left...Then Montgomery gave up a 3 run homer in his debut against the Brewers,and gave it up the other night against the W.Sox..... Huh

I Should be Happy with my team...but this just feels like it's all going to blow up in our face.... Angry

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2016, 11:33:39 am »

Wow Padres and Marlins trade...from Ken Rosenthal on Twitter...

@Ken_Rosenthal: Complete deal: Cashner, Rea, Guerrero to #Marlins. Cosart, Castillo, Capps, Naylor to #Padres. Deal pending review of medicals.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2016, 02:24:34 pm »

Absolutely stoked to get a prospect of Naylor's caliber for Cashner.

The restocking of the Farm continues...

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 12:31:53 pm »

Cubs paid a hefty price for Chapman, but how much value can you put on a championship for the Chicago Cubs? Does he make them much better? Yes. Are they even more favorites to make it to the World Series now? Yes.

They did what they had to do and no one will care if they win the World Series. It's only a bad trade if they don't win it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2016, 12:37:57 pm »

Cubs vs Red Sox in the World Series, and the equipment used to track TV viewership ratings is going to explode.

~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 05:04:23 pm »

Cubs will get swept out of the playoffs in the 1st round...The starting Pitching is too shaky,and still have 2 months to even get to the playoffs.Chapman is like a new wheel for a cart,that has an old Donkey with 4 hurt legs.

Cubs got Reliever Joe Smith,at the deadline for an A pitcher

Interesting that the Padres got Rea back from the Marlins because of his injury. Tongue

The Yankees just made out like bandits...

At the end of the trading dealing.I'm most happy,we didn't do anything just plain utterly What in the holy fuck did we do type trade today!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 05:12:32 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2016, 12:04:09 pm »

News of the Day - A-Rod headed to the Marlins to get his 4 home runs needed to reach the 700 milestone.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray