Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 04:44:41 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dion Jordan reinstated (conditionally) to the NFL
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Dion Jordan reinstated (conditionally) to the NFL  (Read 1528 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: July 29, 2016, 10:24:51 am »

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Dion-Jordan-Reinstated-on-Conditional-Basis.aspx
Official statement from NFL

http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/07/reinstate-dolphins-dion-jordan
One of many stories on it.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 10:37:07 am »

The dolphins need to move on from this clown.  It was a mistake drafting him, as that position was not a major need at the time, and it's been downhill since.  He owes the Dolphins money so essentially would be playing for free; but they would probably have to rework his contract to make him "happy" and it's just not worth it.  Let him go to some other team and be a distraction while he repays the Dolphins the money he owes them.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 10:48:08 am »

^^^ Has the team announced he owes them the money? I have read they can but I don't think I've seen where they have stated they want it back and I'm not sure we will unless the team gets rid of him.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 11:23:59 am »

There is debate,Some say they'll owe him,others disagree....(The money in question is a bonus to be paid on the 5th day of training camp.)

The Dolphins are in fact required to pay Jordan a $1.69MM bonus on the fifth day of training camp, but Jordan also must repay his $3.35MM signing bonus to the team as a result of his multiple suspensions, according to Armando Salguero of The Miami Herald.

Taken from here...
http://www.profootballrumors.com/2016/07/latest-miami-dolphins-dion-jordan-bonus

So they owe him,but but he aint gonna see that money!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:32:24 am by DaLittle B » Logged

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 01:18:15 pm »

This is his last chance with Miami IMO.  I'd love to see him playing OLB.  He did pretty well against Gronk the one time Miami did that.  Anymore screw ups and it's see ya later Mr. Jordan.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 10:08:28 am »

With the scrutiny he is going to be under this year, he's going to fail a drug test before the year is up.  Even if it is unintentional.  He'll take some cold medicine or vitamin only to find out it's on the banned list and he's done.  He's not worth the $1.6 million.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2016, 05:34:10 pm »

With the scrutiny he is going to be under this year, he's going to fail a drug test before the year is up.  Even if it is unintentional.  He'll take some cold medicine or vitamin only to find out it's on the banned list and he's done.  He's not worth the $1.6 million.
The 1.6 milion is only good if he pays back the 3+ million so you can count that as gone.  He's been taking weekly tests since he got suspended so he knows what is OK. If he fails it's because he wanted to.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 02:20:38 pm »

I saw on twitter Yesterday the NFL cleared Dion Jordan to practice with the Dolphins (reinstatement wise,His knee injury is the issue at the moment)

****Hijack****
I feel it might be worth mentioning at It was the guy most people thought the Dolphins were trading up for when we drafted Jordan.
I just saw this on Twitter
@RapSheet: #Eagles OT Lane Johnson is facing a 10-game PED suspension, source said (as @DarrenDegaetano reported). He's appealing. Would be a bad blow

End hijack

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray