Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:19:54 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Star Wars: Rey's bloodline
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Star Wars: Rey's bloodline  (Read 1527 times)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« on: July 29, 2016, 11:18:34 am »

Just watched / heard another fan theory about Rey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jjA6ZL0Z_k

(12min)

I kinda dig this. Some legit examples. Thoughts?

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2016, 11:22:12 am »

I'm at work and can't watch the Vid...can I get an overview Kid?
(c wut I did thur?)
VidKid
YJFF Member
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2016, 04:34:15 pm »

The down-n-dirty details: Rey could be Palpatine's Granddaughter

1 - Rey's fighting style almost shot-for-shot the same as Emperor Palpatine (vid clip shows them side-by-side)

2 - Rey's anger during multiple confrontations (both with Kylo and stormtroopers). In the book (which is canon)  this is described even further as Rey having a voice in her head telling her things like 'Kill him'

3 - Reactions from other characters (Kylo, Maz and even Luke). In fact the book further describes Luke's look/feelings as 'haunted' which could be interpreted as he knows what could happen if he trains Palpatine's granddaughter.

4 - this relationship with Palpatine could also explain why she was hidden by Luke. Couldn't let Kylo or Snoke get a hold of her.

There are other interesting tidbits throughout the video showing a connection and bringing this theory to life.

I like it better than her being a Skywalker. I like it better than her being related to Obi-Wan also.

Enjoy your reign while you may, Superman. For as surely as night follows day...there comes a time when even gods must die. - Lex Luthor
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 04:36:11 pm »

The down-n-dirty details: Rey could be Palpatine's Granddaughter

1 - Rey's fighting style almost shot-for-shot the same as Emperor Palpatine (vid clip shows them side-by-side)

2 - Rey's anger during multiple confrontations (both with Kylo and stormtroopers). In the book (which is canon)  this is described even further as Rey having a voice in her head telling her things like 'Kill him'

3 - Reactions from other characters (Kylo, Maz and even Luke). In fact the book further describes Luke's look/feelings as 'haunted' which could be interpreted as he knows what could happen if he trains Palpatine's granddaughter.

4 - this relationship with Palpatine could also explain why she was hidden by Luke. Couldn't let Kylo or Snoke get a hold of her.

There are other interesting tidbits throughout the video showing a connection and bringing this theory to life.

I like it better than her being a Skywalker. I like it better than her being related to Obi-Wan also.

That's a pretty cool theory...I like it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 08:28:44 pm »

The only problem with theories based on the last movie is nothing was known when it was filmed.  JJ Abrams said he told Rian Johnson everything they did in Force Awakens but left it up to him in how she was going to fit into the story in Episode VIII. She literally could be anything to anyone at this point.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 09:48:25 am »

I have a different theory.  I don't think Rey's lineage is important.  I think the story is less interesting if she is related to this or that person by blood.

My working theory is that Rey was training Jedi with Luke and was close to Ben Solo...almost like a padawan situation.  The movie shows us that Kylo has mind control abilities.  So, my working theory is that Ben felt the pull to the dark side and stranded Rey himself on Jakku....then wiped their minds, so that even he couldn't fall too far and to keep it from Snoke.  This is why each of them seems to have some kind of familiarity and moments of recognition.  It also explains why Rey is able to go from zero to badass.  The Force "awakened" after Kylo had laid it dormant.

Kylo went on to destroy the Jedi alongside the knights of Ren, but turned on one of his own men when they thought about going after Rey.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray