Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:23:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Your Thoughts on the team going into week 3 of preseason?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Your Thoughts on the team going into week 3 of preseason?  (Read 3993 times)
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« on: August 22, 2016, 03:24:06 pm »

I didn't realize till I typing the other thread,how little I actually expect out of the 2016 Miami Dolphins this year.I missed most of the 1st preseason game,after the 1st string guys went out in the 2nd game,I went to look for the Cubs game.

I kind of feel they are what I'm expecting,a team with a new head coach,and coaching staff installing a new offense and defense.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2016, 03:35:23 pm »

Very low expectations this year. It is part of the reason I went ahead to get the tickets for the preseason game in Orlando. It will probably be next season before I check out the stadium improvements in Miami.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2016, 03:37:19 pm »

I have never cared less about the Dolphins going into a season than I do now; my expectations for this season are non-existent.  Even after the 4-12 and 1-15 seasons, I had positive hopes for the year to come, and a lot of interest in the new coach and new team.

This year I simply don't care.  Football will be starting soon, and I am completely numb to it.  The new coach, the draft picks, the free agent signings... all of them are uninspiring.  The closest thing I have to a feeling about the 2017 Dolphins season is to get it over with as quickly as possible.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 03:43:44 pm »

Currently I have very low expectations, but I'm hoping they do well (better than .500).  There are positives: new coach, I think Tunsil will be an O-line improvement, and I think they have a solid receiving core.  The negatives: With a new coach & new plays it will take a few games to gel, but the Dolphins have a brutal opening start to their schedule.  Defensive talent has probably gone down unless the rookies surprise us.  I'll be watching, and hoping.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2016, 04:10:49 pm »

I have high expectations.  I think you'll see a drastic turnaround with T'Hill this year, and he'll be considered a 2nd tier QB behind the top tier guys (Newton, Brees, Rodgers, etc.).

Still will probably go 7-9, but I'll call 16-0!
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2016, 09:54:59 pm »

I know nothing

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2016, 09:09:33 am »

I know nothing
You're Jon Snow!

I think we will see some improvements but we still lack difference makers. So far I've loved the play calling. I think the passing game will pick up with better line protection which will end up helping the run game. I think our offense will be better but our defense is lacking almost everywhere.  Our best bet is still like last year and that is to put up points early forcing other teams to stop running and start passing. I don't know if we are that good yet.

While I don't expect the Super Bowl I do think we should see some positive changes in be in a position to win most games.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2016, 09:17:45 am »

My expectations are that Dolphins 2016 will look sadly much like Dolphins 2015.  Any offensive potential will be eroded by a horrible offensive line.  I think Tunsil was a great pick and I think he will be very good.  I just don't expect him to be very good in his rookie year.  It is tough for a rookie offensive lineman to shine.  They get things thrown at them that they have never seen before. 

I'm hoping that the defense might look a little better this year, but the secondary scares me. 

I'm thinking that special teams will be solid.  Jakeem Grant intrigues me as a kick returner but I'm worried about his ability to hold onto the ball. 

Predicting a win/loss record is pretty much guessing. Too many variables.  But what the heck, I will play along.  7-9

DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2016, 10:58:55 am »

My biggest thing is I like the parts of this team much better than the team as a whole.I like Gase as a head coach,Tannehill,Landry,Parker,R.Jones,and the drafting of the L.Tunsil (being an o-lineman,I'm not sure about the player yet.).

I hate,do not trust,and feel nothing but Black clouds over our team with Tannenbaum at the helm.We have a lot more names (that perhaps the casual fan would recognize),than talent,or talent with LOT's of question marks surrounding them.

I really couldn't venture to guess on on a record this year...There are just too many question marks,and Well If this person stays healthy,or if we can get this out of this player.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2016, 06:08:18 pm »

I have doubts for several reasons.

1) Signing Suh is going to tie up the cap for a long time.

2) I don't think Tannehill is the guy

3) The Line still stinks

4) We still play in the AFC East Division

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2016, 10:42:53 am »

I think it'll be more of the same, sadly.

Tannehill will play well statistically, but the O-line will be inconsistent and it won't turn into wins.

We won't be able to stop the run.  We'll play close, but be a middle of the road team.

I drink your milkshake!
dolfan13
Uber Member

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2016, 04:01:00 pm »

this organization just hasn't learned anything with ross running it.

they hold on to players, coaches, and management for too long and it ends up prolonging the impact to the team over the long term.

they are still recovering from bad decisions 3 years ago, and by the time they recover, they have a brand new slew of problems to solve.

it's a never ending hamster wheel of mediocrity and 7-9 seasons.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2016, 08:45:53 pm »

I have never cared less about the Dolphins going into a season than I do now; my expectations for this season are non-existent.  Even after the 4-12 and 1-15 seasons, I had positive hopes for the year to come, and a lot of interest in the new coach and new team.

This year I simply don't care.  Football will be starting soon, and I am completely numb to it.  The new coach, the draft picks, the free agent signings... all of them are uninspiring.  The closest thing I have to a feeling about the 2017 Dolphins season is to get it over with as quickly as possible.

I have to admit I feel pretty close to the same. A friend who is a Giants fan tried to rib me a few weeks ago saying sorry but the Dolphins are really going to suck this year, I just shrugged my shoulder and said yep, I know.

The definition of insanity is repeating the same mistakes over and over again and expecting a different result - after the last two years starting Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner as guards just defies belief, as does resigning Daniel Thomas. What the hell do these bums have that keep them around? - do they have compromising photos of Ross and Aponte with a donkey?

That said, my AFL team is about to play finals and genuinely has a shot at a national championship this year - after the hard times and tragedy the team has gone through the last few years it is a lot to be excited about, and a welcome distraction from the mess that is my Dolphins.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2016, 06:31:36 pm »

Everything I've read was very positive regarding last night's game.  Improvements in each preseason game progressively thus far.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2016, 08:29:19 pm »

Everything I've read was very positive regarding last night's game.  Improvements in each preseason game progressively thus far.
That was the type of game that this team needs to win. They aren't going to win high scoring games, they need the defense to force punts and turnovers which they did extremely well last night. The question is was that Miami's D or was that Atlanta's O? Probably a little of both. I think the offense will continue to get better and better throughout the season, the defense is the question mark for me.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray