Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:13:12 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Seattle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Seattle  (Read 10038 times)
YOUSER45

Email
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2016, 02:32:55 pm »

I've been a Miami Dolphins fan for 50 years, having sat in the Orange Bowl for their first game in which Joe Auer ran back their first kickoff return over 90 yards for a touchdown. I watched the "glory years" under Don Shula with Griese, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid. I followed every year with Dan Marino and supported the team after his retirement. But when I saw four Dolphin players take a knee on Sunday in Seattle, on a day that is sacred and should be remembered for the sacrifice endured by all American citizens, regardless of race, sex or any other category , that was the last straw for me. For four players who have been given the greatest opportunity to improve their own lives and the lives of others, it is incomprehensible to me that they would dishonor their team, their city and all of the veterans from Florida who served, fought, were wounded or died in defense of liberty. We are all Americans, not hyphenated Americans. We draw our strength from unity, not division. I am done with such disrespect and will move on to a team that values their American heritage. My Dolphan days are over! 
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2016, 03:56:19 pm »

It makes me wonder where this team would be at if the previous head coach hadn't refused to coach Mike Wallace.

Duh...we'd be watching Wallace drop that ball instead of Stills.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2016, 04:36:18 pm »

That's what I was thinking. He had plenty during his time here.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2016, 05:33:46 pm »

Well, I did not see the blocked kick.

Was it Franks' fault?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 06:19:36 pm »

Well, I did not see the blocked kick.

Was it Franks' fault?

Wait, you don't see the plays in the game but come here and talk with authority about who sucks, who's good, and what happened?

You got to be kidding me
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 06:41:28 pm »

Bingo.....It's not like Wallace has been fantastic since leaving the Phins.

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 10:04:42 am »

Exactly!
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 10:07:06 am »

Wait, you don't see the plays in the game but come here and talk with authority about who sucks, who's good, and what happened?

You got to be kidding me

Yes!  Drives me crazy.  i don't mean to take this off topic, but it makes me crazy when he does that. I think he just watches espn highlights and then uses that as his basis for his "in depth analysis" of the team's performance.  It is like doing your doctoral thesis on "War And Peace" when all you did was read the Cliff's Notes version instead of the 2,000 page novel.  LOL 
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2016, 03:42:26 pm »

Freaking Kenny Stills.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2016, 04:06:46 pm »

Stills is the most definitive Shame of Game candidate that we've had for a while.

I drink your milkshake!
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2016, 11:50:25 pm »

Of course the Stills play is horrible and inexcuseable, but despite it, the team was in a good position to win.  It was the defense failed that failed utterly in the last minutes of the game when it counted.  I guess we're supposed to name a particular culprit so I lay the blame on the DC, Vance Joseph, for not having the secondary ready to even remotely defend against a hobbled Russell Wilson.  There we way too many wide open completions.  I need to re-watch the winning drive again, but I don't seem to recall any pressure on Wilson at all after the 2nd big 4th down pick up either.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 11:53:41 pm by mecadonzilla » Logged
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2016, 09:35:19 am »

^ They gave up 12 points on the road, with only 1 TD, when the offense was getting 4 downs.  The defense played great all day...can't blame them.

You just can't score 10 points and win games in the NFL.

I drink your milkshake!
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2016, 10:07:58 am »

Are we doing the Goat Trailer this year? If so, Stills is the guy.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2016, 10:08:09 am »

Was part of the problem with the D on that final Seahawks drive that Mario Williams, Earl Mitchell and Jordan Phillips were all injured?
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2016, 10:14:20 am »

the last minutes of the game when it counted. 

I hate lines like this. Every minute of the game counts. Otherwise, both teams would just line up and play a two minute drill to decide it (kind of like a college football overtime).
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray