Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 12:41:17 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Seattle
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Seattle  (Read 10031 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2016, 11:28:35 am »

Was part of the problem with the D on that final Seahawks drive that Mario Williams, Earl Mitchell and Jordan Phillips were all injured?

Not specifically, no.  It's just that the balance of 3 downs to get a first down is how the game works.  When a team gets an extra down, it really matters.  The Seahawks needed a 4th down conversion to win.

I drink your milkshake!
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2016, 07:57:33 pm »

^ They gave up 12 points on the road, with only 1 TD, when the offense was getting 4 downs.  The defense played great all day...can't blame them.

You just can't score 10 points and win games in the NFL.
On the other hand if Stills catches a perfectly thrown ball and the kicker converts a chip shot FG the Dolphins score 20 which might have been enough to win. Not to mention that if they pick up a foot on 4th and inches or kick the FG there they might have had even more. And the defense played great until the final drive where they didn't get any pressure on a very non mobile QB at that point and couldn't stick with receivers either. You can't just blame this loss on just the offense either. All 3 phases had some break downs which resulted in the loss.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:39:30 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2016, 11:27:43 pm »

The point is you can't just play great for 58 minutes.

The defense twice had chances to make stops on that last drive.  They could not do it. 

Side Note:  That is kind of play the Seahawks should have called in the Super Bowl.  That is a pass that does not have a high probability of being intercepted. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2016, 12:44:03 am »

It is also a pass that has a high probability of stopping the clock in success or failure.  There were 26 seconds remaining in the Super Bowl.

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2016, 05:36:20 pm »

I just saw the reaction from Ryan Tannehill on Still's drop and I honestly think he would have been more shocked if he had caught the damn ball. No wonder he always looks for Landry.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray