Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:35:52 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  RIP Arnold Palmer
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RIP Arnold Palmer  (Read 1737 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« on: September 26, 2016, 10:36:57 am »

Not only was the man a great golfer, he has quite a tasty beverage named after him and he was an outstanding citizen in the Central Florida community and I am sure just about everyone in this area knows someone who has dealt with either the Arnold or Winnie Palmer Hospital.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2016, 01:25:09 pm »

One of golf's greatest.   A legend on the golf course and a class act off of it.   He will be greatly missed.  My prayers are with his family

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2016, 01:34:09 pm »

I don't watch golf, but I'm a big fan of his namesake drink.  RIP.

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2016, 02:28:15 pm »

A classy guy, and probably the best ambassador of the game.  RIP
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2016, 03:29:38 pm »

He did a ton of charity work off the course. Off hand I can't think of anyone who has done more but if there are  ... it's probably a short list. He was a class act. Rest in Peace Mr. Palmer!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Dolphster
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 10:22:15 am »

I know that 87 years is a full life.  But being a bad golfer and pretty big fan of the PGA, it is a tough one to lose Mr. Palmer.  When he skipped the traditional first tee shot at Augusta this year, I figured he was probably walking up to the 18th green of life.  So although his passing was not unexpected, it still felt like a punch to the chest when I heard the news.  Not only was he a legendary golfer, but he was the first guy to bring golf to the "average guy".  The son of a greenskeeper, he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth like most golfers.  He was a "regular" guy.  And he did so much for the game, charitable activities, children, and even one of the driving forces behind the incredible First Tee program for kids.  And he did it all with great class, dignity, and graciousness. We are quickly losing our "greatest generation" and I sure don't see any of our current generations, including my own, being worth of replacing them.  RIP Mr. Palmer. 
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray