Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:27:22 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game: Cleveland
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game: Cleveland  (Read 5614 times)
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« on: September 25, 2016, 04:53:00 pm »

Adam Gase.  He and his staff were thoroughly out coached on offense and defense by a talent depleted Cleveland roster.

If not for a phantom Friday walk through injury for the kicker, Miami would have lost this game easily. 
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 04:53:54 pm »

For the first time this year I'm going to give it to Coach Gase.  It really seemed like our team was going through the motions while trying to force the running game. I really think the players took this game for granted and that has to fall on the coach ... IMO.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:55:50 pm »

From what I saw I liked that he went for the win in the last two minutes, even though it backfired.  I thought it was the right decision.  My shame of the game will come later when I have a chance to review the film.

Edit:  From what you guys said, I will give it to the coach as well.   One good decision does not erase a game full of bad ones.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 05:08:06 pm »

The good news is Coach is visibly upset with the team in the post game interviews. Gase even admitted "Offensively we were flopping around I was irritated. I still am."   He benched Ja'Wuan James for the OT period because he was about to get Tannehill killed.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2016, 05:23:38 pm »

Maxwell made Pryor look like TO
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2016, 05:45:19 pm »

How can a game in which the Dolphins were up 11 in the fourth quarter and won generate so much negativity?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2016, 06:11:30 pm »

Because they gave up that 11-point lead and were one missed FG away from losing in regulation to a team they were favored to beat by 10.

Run Ricky Run
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2016, 06:17:53 pm »

The good news is Coach is visibly upset with the team in the post game interviews. Gase even admitted "Offensively we were flopping around I was irritated. I still am."   He benched Ja'Wuan James for the OT period because he was about to get Tannehill killed.

Nothing like a weasel coach who throws the players under the bus.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2016, 09:12:29 am »

The good news is Coach is visibly upset with the team in the post game interviews. Gase even admitted "Offensively we were flopping around I was irritated. I still am."   

This is good news as on the sideline he is as emotionless as Philbin was. I don't see any fire in this guy (at least Billicheck always has a pissy look on his face).

Today I think the team took things for granted and nearly lost to an injury depleted Browns team. Gase get my vote and he is starting to lose my confidence. He needs to start showing me something because I'm seeing neither the offensive genius, QB guru, nor passion.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2016, 09:45:02 am »

If I had to choose one, it'd be Tannehill.  Cleveland's only real chance came from a terrible pick 6. 

He also had some really great throws, though.

I drink your milkshake!
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2016, 02:30:15 pm »

one missed FG away

1 of 3 missed FGs, really....

I drink your milkshake!
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2016, 03:38:50 pm »

If I had to choose one, it'd be Tannehill.  Cleveland's only real chance came from a terrible pick 6. 

He also had some really great throws, though.

After re-watching the highlights this morning after Gase's press conference it's clearly James. He was the sole reason for the Tannehill fumble late as he didn't even put up a fight blocking  and got Tannehill hit within seconds of the drop-back. Then the Pick-6 James got bull rushed like never before and he was shoved into Tannehill which hit his arm and altered the throw. James was god awful. I didn't notice it was all him yesterday as the game was moving so fast, after re-watching those 2 players I get why Gase is hot at James
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2016, 03:57:42 pm »

^ I'm glad to hear that.  Tanny's pick 6 INT looked terrible in real time, like he just got flustered.

I drink your milkshake!
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2016, 07:18:23 am »

^ I'm glad to hear that.  Tanny's pick 6 INT looked terrible in real time, like he just got flustered.

I don't blame Tannehill directly for the INT, but I give him the SotG anyway. Why? Because he needs to read these hits better. This is the second game in a row where he's thrown an INT where his arm got hit from someone coming within his field of vision. I get that he's looking downfield (as he should be), but he needs to get better at sensing when there's a big risk of getting hit and then just doing something else. The strip sack came VERY quickly, but Tannehill was positioned in that 7-ish-yards behind the line of scrimmage area where pass-rushing defensive ends often end op. Pressure op the middle preventing om from stepping forward, but I would have liked to see him step to his strong side, if not roll out. The first INT... yeah, Stills had the inside on the slant route and stopped when the defender bumped him a bit, but that's just the nature of Stills and Tannehill should know that. He can throw that slant to Landry or Parker, but not Stills.

Honorable mention goes to the coaching staff, particularly play-calling and pass protection. This is the third week in a row with lots of stacked/trips formations and I've yet to see a good play out of it. One of them today towards the end was really close to being a pick-6.

Another honorable mention goes to Abdul-Quddus, who had a bad game down-field. When you are 40 yards deep, just cover the guy in your area; don't get caught looking in the backfield. I think he might also have been the one who dropped an easy INT, but I'm not sure (and play-by-plays don't mention "almost picked").

Byron Maxwell was just terrible against Pryor, but I think I'm out of honorable mentions at this point.

Stills is remarkably ineffective. He and Tannehill just are not on the same page. Not enough to get a SotG in such a bad team performance, though.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2016, 08:38:59 am »

You know that part of making the great throws comes from trusting your o-line and standing in the pocket. The fact he stands in there with any confidence from his backside at this point is absolutely a miracle. He's been battered as much or more than anyone else in the history of the league.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray