Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:18:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game: Cleveland
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game: Cleveland  (Read 5606 times)
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 09:12:21 am »

Another honorable mention goes to Abdul-Quddus, who had a bad game down-field. When you are 40 yards deep, just cover the guy in your area; don't get caught looking in the backfield. I think he might also have been the one who dropped an easy INT, but I'm not sure (and play-by-plays don't mention "almost picked").

If my memory is correct the dropped INT was Howard.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 09:48:31 am »

If my memory is correct the dropped INT was Howard.

You are indeed correct.

A google search confirmed your memory. It was a throw by Pryor on the Browns' second possession of the game (the Browns missed the field goal on that drive).
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 09:57:57 am »

I don't blame Tannehill directly for the INT, but I give him the SotG anyway. Why? Because he needs to read these hits better. This is the second game in a row where he's thrown an INT where his arm got hit from someone coming within his field of vision. I get that he's looking downfield (as he should be), but he needs to get better at sensing when there's a big risk of getting hit and then just doing something else. The strip sack came VERY quickly, but Tannehill was positioned in that 7-ish-yards behind the line of scrimmage area where pass-rushing defensive ends often end op. Pressure op the middle preventing om from stepping forward, but I would have liked to see him step to his strong side, if not roll out. The first INT... yeah, Stills had the inside on the slant route and stopped when the defender bumped him a bit, but that's just the nature of Stills and Tannehill should know that. He can throw that slant to Landry or Parker, but not Stills.

Honorable mention goes to the coaching staff, particularly play-calling and pass protection. This is the third week in a row with lots of stacked/trips formations and I've yet to see a good play out of it. One of them today towards the end was really close to being a pick-6.

Another honorable mention goes to Abdul-Quddus, who had a bad game down-field. When you are 40 yards deep, just cover the guy in your area; don't get caught looking in the backfield. I think he might also have been the one who dropped an easy INT, but I'm not sure (and play-by-plays don't mention "almost picked").

Byron Maxwell was just terrible against Pryor, but I think I'm out of honorable mentions at this point.

Stills is remarkably ineffective. He and Tannehill just are not on the same page. Not enough to get a SotG in such a bad team performance, though.
That was Howard that dropped the easy INT
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 03:05:44 pm »

I give the Shame to Gase,IMO We come out too conservative on both sides of the ball. Tannehill 's 1st pick was bad,but I'm bothered by how surprised stills was to get the ball while running the slant...The run,run,pass,because you're not sure your O-line,and Wr's are matching up SMH

The Defense is what pisses me off the most,Veteran Defense,that has boatload of money put into it.Sucks ass.What happened to playing tighter on the receivers? I want to throw something at my T.V. seeing our DB's playing off...Maxwell Sucks...

I feel the team doesn't trust each other,to do their job.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2016, 01:04:19 pm »

My vote for this game is Gase.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray