Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:32:09 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Dolphins @ Bengals Thursday Night
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dolphins @ Bengals Thursday Night  (Read 2740 times)
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« on: September 27, 2016, 08:57:29 am »

It's a short week!

The Dolphins travel to play the other Ohio team, the Bengals.

Injuries are going to be an issue, not helped by the short week. Jordan Cameron is OUT after suffering his fourth concussion in four years. He's entered the league protocol and cannot make it out by Thursday. Arian Foster looks like he's going to need at least another week, although he hasn't officially been ruled out.

Looks like we're going to be down to third string at center, with Anthony Steen all but certain to be out and Pouncy reportedly not ready either.

Misi and Albert are injured and would probably be listed as questionable. Jenkins is also expected to be limited in practice, if not MIA.

For anyone interested, the Dolphins had to submit an injury report reflecting practice participation EVEN THOUGH THEY DIDN'T PRACTICE. That's kind of funny, but maybe that's just me. Anyway, the report reflects what would have happened, had the team actually practiced:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/team/injury-report.html

Did Not Participate in fictitious practice: Branden Albert, Jordan Cameron, Arian Foster, Jelani Jenkins, Jarvis Landry, Koa Misi, Mike Pouncy, Anthony Steen.
Limited Participation in fictitious practice: Kiko Alonso, Xavien Howard, Jason Jones, Reshad Jones, Dion Sims.

The Bengals look to be in better shape with TE Eifert standing a good chance of making a return. Only two players made the "DNP" grade in the fake participation report, starting corner Kirkpatrick and backup safety Derron Smith.

Since this is a Thursday Night Game, we get to see the Dolphins in their all-orange color rush unis. The Bengals look to appease the refs with white uniforms with zebra stripes (yeah, I know, they're supposed to be "tiger" stripes, but sure as hell looks like zebra stripes to me).

I don't like this matchup at all. I think Dalton is going to carve the Dolphins up. If Eifert is back, the Dolphins (competing hard for the "worst-against-TEs" again this year) are screwed. Even without him, I think the Cincinnati Zebras win handily.

MIA: 17
CIN: 27
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 09:46:49 am »

31-27 Dolphins in a nail biter...no other reason but homerism.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 10:01:37 am »

I can't imagine the Bengals' starting the season a totally disappointing 1-2, coming off two straight losses, and losing at home in a game they're favored to win by 7 points, in front of a national TV audience.

If you were a Bengals fan looking at the game as objectively as possible, would you expect to lose?
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 12:11:26 pm »

When the schedule came out months ago it was pretty clear the Dolphins had a good chance of starting 1-3, nothing has really changed.  It's a short week, on the road, with quite a few injured players; so I'm not holding out much hope for a victory.  Once again this year Miami seems to play UP or DOWN to their competition, so it will be close.

Cincy:  24

Miami  17
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 03:13:13 pm »

I was hoping we'd gain some moxie,good vibes,coming off a a nice win in our home opener. We'd take that feeling good into this game,and play really tough,but I feel last week just caused more worries. We get trounced...

Miami - 16
Cincinnati -38

I question with our injuries,bad play,plus the short week,if they don't put 40+ on us...

AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 04:04:11 pm »

Bengals - 38
Dolphins - 24

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 04:18:41 pm »

The Bengals have problems of their own, but should still win by 2 scores against our hapless team.

Cincy - 31
Miami- 20
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 09:18:20 pm »

More talent, healthier talent...at home.

Cinci:  33
Miami: 17

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 09:20:17 pm »

I will say, Gase really had a tough row to hoe to start his head coaching career. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2016, 10:46:33 am »

Maybe it's just homerism but I'm picking the Dolphins. I think our defensive coordinator will have a plan against an offense he knows well and Tannehill always plays the Bengals tough.  A lot of guys mailed it in last week and have a lot to prove.

Dolphins 27
Bengals 24

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2016, 02:42:44 am »

Miami 13
Cincinnati 31
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2016, 08:22:08 am »

The Miami Dolphins will be without running back Arian Foster (groin), center Mike Pouncey (hip) and linebacker Koa Misi (neck) in Thursday’s night game at the Cincinnati Bengals.

Miami is likely to be without center Anthony Steen (ankle/doubtful) and linebacker Jelani Jenkins (groin/doubtful) and could be without starting left tackle Branden Albert (ankle/questionable).

Our offensive line will look drastically different tonight with no practice this week if Steen and Albert do not play. Run Tanehill Run!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2016, 09:33:34 am »

Our offensive line will look drastically different tonight with no practice this week if Steen and Albert do not play. Run Tanehill Run!

The league changed injury reporting for this season, ditching the "probable" designation (and changing the descriptions of questionable/doubtful to become more vague). The result is that the Dolphins have 6 players listed as "questionable" who participated fully in practice. Not much of a chance any of those guys miss the game.

Albert was listed as Limited Participation in Practice, along with Xavian Howard, Reshad Jones, and Jarvis Landry.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2016, 09:50:03 am »

The league changed injury reporting for this season, ditching the "probable" designation (and changing the descriptions of questionable/doubtful to become more vague). The result is that the Dolphins have 6 players listed as "questionable" who participated fully in practice. Not much of a chance any of those guys miss the game.

Albert was listed as Limited Participation in Practice, along with Xavian Howard, Reshad Jones, and Jarvis Landry.
The questionable players are Dion Sims, Jarvis Landry, Reshad Jones, DeVante Parker, Xavian Howard and Jason Jones and yes ... they are expected to play. The ones I mentioned are much more of a concern and are listed as doubtful. Tunsil may move to LT with Thomas coming back in at LG. It also would mean Kraig Urbik would play center. Considering Turner replaced James at RT it would mean new people in 4 of the 5 positions of the O-Line for this game. We had no running game before so I wouldn't expect an improvement.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2016, 11:03:16 am »

Dolphins 17
Bengals 27

I really can't think of a reason that we win this game.  If we find a way, we'll be ahead of the curve, but I have no expectations.

I drink your milkshake!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray