Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:35:47 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game: Bengals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game: Bengals  (Read 8368 times)
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« on: September 29, 2016, 11:16:51 pm »

Lippett
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 11:21:13 pm »

What do you expect from lippert?  A fifth round pick in his second year going against a top ten NFL receiver.

My vote is for gase. Awful hire by the dolphins. Only one real year as a coordinator since we all know Peyton was the real oc. He is clueless.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 11:22:36 pm »

What do you expect from lippert?  A fifth round pick in his second year going against a top ten NFL receiver.

My vote is for gase. Awful hire by the dolphins. Only one real year as a coordinator since we all know Peyton was the real oc. He is clueless.

I didn't expect much. I blame Gase for playing him the whole game. He wanted to prove a point with Maxwell I get it. Bench him a series, or quarter, or a half...doing it the whole game is Gase showing his immaturity. WITH THAT SAID, Lippet doesn't get a free pass to be burned
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 11:22:52 pm »

I think it has to be somebody on the offense.

1) Tannehill.  He has NO POCKET PRESENCE WHATSOEVER.  He should watch Brady to learn how to deal with a pass rush.  That pick was pure stupidity.  And he missed a wide open receiver on what should have been an easy third down conversion.

2)  The O-line still cannot protect.

3) The camera doesn't show the receivers, so I don't know if they have been getting open.

4) Play calling was joke.  Run the ball on second and long when you are down fifteen and running out of time?  Draw play on third and six and no running game? 

Forget it, I'm giving it to the GM

1) Suh
2) Tannehill
3) Gase

Three disasters.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 11:24:35 pm »

It was a team failure on every level, which means the responsibility falls on the HC.  Gase gets the SotG.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2016, 11:35:39 pm »

^^^^^^^^^^

Well, there is only so much he can do.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 12:07:38 am »

Gase

Hm t hill and j james
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 08:04:50 am »

I have to give it to Tannenbaum. First off our offensive line is still horrible with zero depth after three under his direction. Then you can pretty much point to almost every other position and see we haven't added help there either. 

Is it even possible to continue to have one of the worst offensive lines over the last 5 years without purposely doing it?  Undecided Obviously we love sabotaging ourselves.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2016, 08:54:39 am »

Gase benchs the number 1 CB and green goes off for almost 200 yards.

It's clear that gase is in way over his head. It's amazing that he was hired.

He kept going empty set and not helping the online at all. Way to put the players in a position to fail. Don't worry he will throw the oline under the bus to the media. Mariucci was befuddled by gase benching maxwell.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2016, 09:13:10 am »

Gase benchs the number 1 CB and green goes off for almost 200 yards.

It's clear that gase is in way over his head. It's amazing that he was hired.

He kept going empty set and not helping the online at all. Way to put the players in a position to fail. Don't worry he will throw the oline under the bus to the media. Mariucci was befuddled by gase benching maxwell.
Gase is coaching for the long term. If you think that Maxwell and even sitting Drake the first half weren't messages then you haven't been paying attention. This team needs a lot of work and attitude is probably the highest priority right now. Gase came in with no immediate guarantees so he new he had his work cut out for him. this is his team and you either buy into it or you will sit.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2016, 09:21:20 am »

I saw this and thought it represented perfectly where we are.

Armando: Gase has already made clear that first-year head coaches and first-year general managers don't usually get fired. This team can either be bad with an eye toward progress or be bad while spinning their wheels in the mud.

Either way it isn't a good team right now.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:23:33 am by CF DolFan » Logged

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2016, 09:40:19 am »

I noticed Billy Turner looking a lot like Billy Turner out there. That's always a bad sign. On one play we had 6 guys blocking 4 and Turner let his man go through almost untouched.

The defense sucked all day and when they finally did something good, Fede gets a brain bleed and shoves the punter for no reason.

Fede gets it for spoiling a chance to turn things around in the game. Not saying it was a big chance...

EDIT: Play-calling was atrocious again. As I've said after every game this season, nothing good happens when our receivers line up in that 2-1 stack. I was screaming at the TV when they did it this time and the result was a strip-sack. It just doesn't work. Ever. And it doesn't set anything up for use later in the game, either. There's just no excuse.

And apparently, our D cannot tackle big guys. There's a reason we are (again) one of the absolute worst teams against tight ends. We just can't bring those guys down.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:44:18 am by fyo » Logged
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2016, 09:48:07 am »

I noticed Billy Turner looking a lot like Billy Turner out there. That's always a bad sign. On one play we had 6 guys blocking 4 and Turner let his man go through almost untouched.
Dallas Thomas was the only O-linemen we had left and he never touched the field. I can't stress enough just how bad this group continues to be. I really hope Gase forces them to address the guards with actual guards.

Run Ricky Run
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2016, 10:16:26 am »

Gase is coaching for the long term. If you think that Maxwell and even sitting Drake the first half weren't messages then you haven't been paying attention. This team needs a lot of work and attitude is probably the highest priority right now. Gase came in with no immediate guarantees so he new he had his work cut out for him. this is his team and you either buy into it or you will sit.

Losers lose. A losing culture is already happening. Playing for the future lol. Nobody is going to want to play for a green hc who has only 2 years of coordinator experience and no nfl playing experience. Might has well have kept Campbell.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2016, 11:35:57 am »

Can't name just one this week:

Gase

Tannehill

Fede

Ja'wan James
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray