Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 12:03:33 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Two questions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 13311 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: September 30, 2016, 12:51:08 am »

1) How many games will the Dolphins win this season?

2) Will Gase be the head coach by the end of the season, and if he is, be the coach next season?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 08:51:08 am »

1) Probably in the vicinity of 4 wins? Probably less.
2) I would think it's difficult to keep firing coaches with so little time and then to actually get some kind of experienced Head Coach. There have been some notable coaches who started horribly, only to turn it around. At this point, there's probably more problems with the actual players. Can't tackle. Can't block. Can't catch. Execution is horrible. While some of the play calling is head scratching, it would be less upsetting if the players actually executed.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 09:23:21 am »

Gase isn't getting fired and I think he is thinking long term as in the way he doesn't have an issue sitting players who aren't doing what they are supposed to do. He is trying to change the mentality of this team and it will take a while.

Armando: Gase has already made clear that first-year head coaches and first-year general managers don't usually get fired. This team can either be bad with an eye toward progress or be bad while spinning their wheels in the mud.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 09:37:08 am »

6, yes, and yes.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 10:17:46 am »

Gase isn't getting fired and I think he is thinking long term as in the way he doesn't have an issue sitting players who aren't doing what they are supposed to do. He is trying to change the mentality of this team and it will take a while.

Armando: Gase has already made clear that first-year head coaches and first-year general managers don't usually get fired. This team can either be bad with an eye toward progress or be bad while spinning their wheels in the mud.

He's going to end up like McDaniels and rightfully so
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2016, 01:02:53 pm »

This team can either be bad with an eye toward progress or be bad while spinning their wheels in the mud.

"fail forward fast"

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2016, 03:56:29 pm »

^^^ I don't see it as that at all. He is not looking to make mistakes to gain experience. He is evaluating people and setting the tone for the team. He'd rather lose with people who want to play more than he is concerned with coddling high paid players that are going through the motions ... ala Maxwell.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2016, 09:43:44 pm »

They fired Cameron after one season, why not Gase?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2016, 05:38:13 pm »

Cameron wouldn't have been fired after one season if Bill Parcells wasn't available as whatever-his-position-was-called.

So sure, if Tony Dungy wants to go into the front office or Cowher wants to go back into coaching, then Gase might be fired after one season.  Short of that, it seems unlikely no matter what his record is.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2016, 05:54:05 pm »

Tony Dungy was the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL.  With a better coach, Peyton would have more than one Super Bowl with the Colts. 

It should be noted that they only won that Super Bowl because of a horrible offensive pass interference call. 
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 06:00:32 pm by dolphins4life » Logged

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2016, 06:20:43 pm »

Tony Dungy was the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL.  With a better coach, Peyton would have more than one Super Bowl with the Colts. 

It should be noted that they only won that Super Bowl because of a horrible offensive pass interference call. 

every time I think you say the dumbest thing I have ever read you never fail to top yourself
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2016, 06:49:48 pm »

I give up because NOTHING in my last post was dumb at all.

EVERYTHING in that post is 100% true.

Dungy made many head scratching decisions in the playoffs.  And he didn't seem to understand basic football rules. 

1) Against the Steelers in 2005, he argued with the refs for a pass interference call on a perfectly clean play.  He should have been focusing on the upcoming third down and 2 and figuring out a play to get the two yards to allow the Colts to continue driving for a shorter tying field goal or winning touchdown.  Earlier in the game, he sent the punt team out on fourth and two, and if Peyton had not overruled him, he would have given up the game then and there.

2) Against the Patriots in 2004, he spent a whole week teaching his team a trick play which turned out to be illegal.  Then he called the illegal trick play at a stupid time in the game.  Then, he punted on fourth and one at midfield with the score 6-3 midway through the third quarter.  The Patriots responded by putting the game away with an eight minute touchdown drive.

Many other dumb decisions he made, both in the playoffs and in the regular season.

And my other point is true.  Watch the game for yourself if you don't believe me.  It's on youtube. 

Would somebody explain to me how stating true facts and giving an objective analysis is stupid?

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2016, 07:12:30 pm »

Dungy also took a doormat of a Franchise in Tampa and built them into a Super Bowl contender and they won the year after he left. The defense he built in Tampa is maybe the 2nd best defense in NFL history behind the 85 bears. Then he went to Indy and rolled off 11, 12, and 13 win seasons year after year. And if not for being unlucky and having to go toe to toe with maybe the greatest coach of all time in Belichick he would probably have like 4 rings instead of just 1 (just like how everyone who played in Jordan's era of the NBA was unlucky to be playing in the wrong era and not win).

Dungy is a legendary coach who did nothing but win his entire career! For you to knock him is ridiculous and STUPID!!

You want to argue one play here and one play there, the guy was a head coach for 12 years and was 148-79. The entire body of work overshadows one particular play here and there you want to single out. That's why it's STUPID
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 07:16:03 pm by Baba Booey » Logged
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2016, 08:23:57 pm »

Dungy also took a doormat of a Franchise in Tampa and built them into a Super Bowl contender and they won the year after he left. The defense he built in Tampa is maybe the 2nd best defense in NFL history behind the 85 bears. Then he went to Indy and rolled off 11, 12, and 13 win seasons year after year. And if not for being unlucky and having to go toe to toe with maybe the greatest coach of all time in Belichick he would probably have like 4 rings instead of just 1 (just like how everyone who played in Jordan's era of the NBA was unlucky to be playing in the wrong era and not win).

Dungy is a legendary coach who did nothing but win his entire career! For you to knock him is ridiculous and STUPID!!

You want to argue one play here and one play there, the guy was a head coach for 12 years and was 148-79. The entire body of work overshadows one particular play here and there you want to single out. That's why it's STUPID

Key phrase there is THEY WON THE YEAR AFTER HE LEFT................

The Colts went 14-0 and made the Super Bowl (legitimately) THE YEAR AFTER LEFT..............

That is not a good point for a coach.

Dungy had a very talented Colts team and he couldn't get anything out of them.

They won that Super Bowl in 2006 on a sheer gift in the AFC Championship game.   The refs handed that game to the Colts.  They called a horrible pass interference call on Troy Brown when the score was 21-3 and the Patriots were driving for another score.  This allowed the Colts make it 21-6 at the half, instead of 28-3 or 24-3.  Then, in the second half, they called Ellis Hobbs for a PI when he did not even touch the receiver, setting up the tying touchdown.  Then, they didn't call two flagrant pass interferences on the Colts, one of which was in the endzone.  These are FACTS.  If you don't believe me, watch the game.  It's on youtube.

He was bad in the playoffs in 2003, 2004, and 2005.

The second biggest difference between NE and Indy in that time period was coaching.  The first was defense.

So many bad decisions he made, not just the ones I mentioned earlier.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2016, 08:28:18 pm »

Key phrase there is THEY WON THE YEAR AFTER HE LEFT................

The Colts went 14-0 and made the Super Bowl (legitimately) THE YEAR AFTER LEFT..............

That is not a good point for a coach.

Dungy had a very talented Colts team and he couldn't get anything out of them.

They won that Super Bowl in 2006 on a sheer gift in the AFC Championship game.   The refs handed that game to the Colts.  They called a horrible pass interference call on Troy Brown when the score was 21-3 and the Patriots were driving for another score.  This allowed the Colts make it 21-6 at the half, instead of 28-3 or 24-3.  Then, in the second half, they called Ellis Hobbs for a PI when he did not even touch the receiver, setting up the tying touchdown.  Then, they didn't call two flagrant pass interferences on the Colts, one of which was in the endzone.  These are FACTS.  If you don't believe me, watch the game.  It's on youtube.

He was bad in the playoffs in 2003, 2004, and 2005.

The second biggest difference between NE and Indy in that time period was coaching.  The first was defense.

So many bad decisions he made, not just the ones I mentioned earlier.

The fact you think Dungy is overrated and you have NOTHING to  back it up by a couple decisions you don't agree with over a 12 year career is moronic. The guy is a Hall of Fame coach, built 2 doormat franchises into powerhouses. Won a ring. Was in the playoffs almost every year. Yeah overrated, give me a break
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray