Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:52:41 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Two questions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print
Author Topic: Two questions  (Read 13294 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2016, 08:31:21 pm »

Do you even read my posts or do you just respond generically, like everybody else on here.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2016, 12:56:41 am »

The fact you think Dungy is overrated and you have NOTHING to  back it up by a couple decisions you don't agree with over a 12 year career is moronic. The guy is a Hall of Fame coach, built 2 doormat franchises into powerhouses. Won a ring. Was in the playoffs almost every year. Yeah overrated, give me a break

Dungy had a prime Peyton manning for how many years and won 1 super bowl. He is definitely overrated.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2016, 01:09:20 am »

Dungy had a prime Peyton manning for how many years and won 1 super bowl. He is definitely overrated.

Like I said, that one Super Bowl was a gift.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2016, 08:28:51 am »

Like I said, that one Super Bowl was a gift.

No Super Bowl is a "gift".  You cannot be this dumb?
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2016, 07:37:42 pm »

When you benefit from FIVE blatantly bad calls in a playoff game that directly affect the outcome of game, then it is.

These calls were not even debatable.  They were completely wrong. 

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2016, 08:35:45 pm »

Tony Dungy was the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL.  With a better coach, Peyton would have more than one Super Bowl with the Colts. 
This hypothetical coach either:

a) does not exist, or
b) was on the other sideline helping Tom Brady repeatedly beat the Colts

You say that a "better coach" would have won more titles with Peyton?  Peyton had FIVE head coaches in his career, and the only one that was able to help Peyton lead his team to a title was... Tony Dungy.  (Peyton was arguably the worst QB in the league last year, and actively hurt the Broncos, which is why they look even better this year with a seventh-round QB at the helm.)

Had Dungy done nothing in his career but make TB a competitive team, that alone would be a major accomplishment.  But the fact that he coaxed Peyton into a championship - when every other coach that relied on Peyton to win the title failed miserably - is a point in his FAVOR.

The real irony is that you single out Dungy as the overrated coach in my post, when there's a much stronger argument for Cowher (not that I buy it there, either).  You talk about Dungy being bad in the playoffs, yet of Cowher's 8 playoff losses, 5 were at home.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2016, 08:53:25 pm »

He made the Bucs good after years of losing.  You don't know what your talking about.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2016, 09:12:12 pm »

The guy didn't even know the rules of football.

End of story

Run Ricky Run
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2016, 09:29:32 pm »

This hypothetical coach either:

a) does not exist, or
b) was on the other sideline helping Tom Brady repeatedly beat the Colts

You say that a "better coach" would have won more titles with Peyton?  Peyton had FIVE head coaches in his career, and the only one that was able to help Peyton lead his team to a title was... Tony Dungy.  (Peyton was arguably the worst QB in the league last year, and actively hurt the Broncos, which is why they look even better this year with a seventh-round QB at the helm.)

Had Dungy done nothing in his career but make TB a competitive team, that alone would be a major accomplishment.  But the fact that he coaxed Peyton into a championship - when every other coach that relied on Peyton to win the title failed miserably - is a point in his FAVOR.

The real irony is that you single out Dungy as the overrated coach in my post, when there's a much stronger argument for Cowher (not that I buy it there, either).  You talk about Dungy being bad in the playoffs, yet of Cowher's 8 playoff losses, 5 were at home.

Every other coach that relied on Peyton??? Dungy had Peyton for 8 of his prime years and only made 2 super bowls, winning 1. The other coaches you refer to had Peyton for 10 non prime years (1st 4 years in the league, after major neck surgery) and made the super bowl 3 times, winning 1. 

Tampa was 7-9 the year before dungy took over,  not exactly the doormat that has been spoken about.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2016, 09:31:39 pm »

Every other coach that relied on Peyton??? Dungy had Peyton for 8 of his prime years and only made 2 super bowls, winning 1. The other coaches you refer to had Peyton for 10 non prime years (1st 4 years in the league, after major neck surgery) and made the super bowl 3 times, winning 1. 

Tampa was 7-9 the year before dungy took over,  not exactly the doormat that has been spoken about.

No, the other Super Bowl with the Colts was with Caldwell as coach.

This Super Bowl appearance was not marked by major bad calls.

Otherwise, thank you for helping my case.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2016, 02:54:43 am »

The guy didn't even know the rules of football.

End of story

WTF are you talking about? Nobody understands your points do you realize that? You make no sense
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2016, 04:03:10 am »

So if I understand you correctly, the following seasons were not "prime years" for Peyton Manning:

- a season in which he makes first-ballot All-Pro and wins 39.5/50 MVP votes
- another season in which he makes first-ballot All-Pro, wins 49/50 MVP votes, and breaks nearly every offensive record in the books

Got it.

Dungy gave TB:

- their first winning season and playoff appearance in 15 years
- their first playoff win since the 1970s

To say that they were a "doormat" vastly understates how terrible they were before he got there, and also how bad they have been since Jon Gruden won a singular title with Dungy's players.  Outside of the defense Tony Dungy coached up, the Bucs have been completely inept for their entire existence.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 04:12:48 am by Spider-Dan » Logged

Run Ricky Run
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2016, 07:14:11 am »

Peyton was first team all pro 4/8 years with Dungy and 3/10 with the others.  Peyton was pro bowl 8/8 years w Dungy, 7/10 with the others.  Peyton Manning league MVP 3/8 w/ Dungy, 2/10 with others.

Dungy couldn't get by the first round of the playoffs with his players.  And Gruden won the super bowl. TB mortgaged the future to get Gruden as you know, which is why the team went downhill.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2016, 09:17:41 am »

Tony Dungy was the most overrated coach in the history of the NFL.  With a better coach, Peyton would have more than one Super Bowl with the Colts. 

It should be noted that they only won that Super Bowl because of a horrible offensive pass interference call. 
So I guess Don Shula was overrated as well? I mean ... Marino was pretty damned good and yet he only went to one Super Bowl and didn't win it.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2016, 09:25:02 am »

So I guess Don Shula was overrated as well? I mean ... Marino was pretty damned good and yet he only went to one Super Bowl and didn't win it.

If Shula didn't have the performance before Marino yes. Peyton is better than Marino though.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray