Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:23:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  The Cubs and Red Sox are on a collision course!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: The Cubs and Red Sox are on a collision course!  (Read 6822 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: September 30, 2016, 02:30:28 pm »

...which means the World Series is going to be between the Mets and the Indians.

As the playoffs and the teams who are in get more clear who does everyone like?

I do like the Sox.  But, shit. They are streaky and you never know what you'll get out of Price.  The offense will hammer you into submission for eight games in a row and then vanish for three - those are the games they really need pitching; they really haven't gotten it CONSISTENLY out of anyone other than Porcello.

Texas deserves a medal, hug and a cuddle for the magic show they've pulled off.

IF Toronto gets it, don't sleep on them. 

Clearly, all eyes are on the north side.  I think they are going to have a REALLY hard time with the Mets. 

And I think Cleveland will be a really, really tough out. 

Basically, I have no freaking clue.  What about you?

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2016, 03:38:10 pm »

I think the Cubs are going to struggle with everyone in the National league playoffs.

Lester,and Hendricks I think will be good.I have less faith in Arrieta,Lackey have been up and down recently.The Bullpen still has a lot of shakiness getting to Chapman.Offensively RISP has been been a problem.

Ultimately the Dodgers will take us out...

OR

I think the Cardinals will beat us (If they make it),like we did to them last year.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 06:18:15 pm »

The Cubs got off to such a fast start they haven't played a pressure filled baseball game all year. What they started 22-5 or something close to that. They haven't had a "big game" or a "pressure game" or "pressure moment" all season.

I could see them totally choking and going out early in the playoffs when they are finally in a pressure moment/big game. I hope not, I want to see this curse end in my lifetime. But it wouldn't shock me at all.  They have been coasting since April, never had a big inning. A big spot. Or a pressure filled game.
AZ Fins Fan 55
Uber Member

Go Phins!!!!!

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 06:31:29 pm »

Well, if any team takes them out I hope it is the Dodgers.......  Wink Wink

R.I.P. Jarian - 11/17/05 - You will be missed and never forgotten. Thanks for the memories my truest friend!!!!!
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 10:17:57 am »

My preseason WS pick was Cubs-Astros, so hopefully I'll get at least half of that right.

Well, if any team takes them out I hope it is the Dodgers.......  Wink Wink

Well, if any team experiences a roster-wide gonorrhea epidemic and is forced to forfeit their playoff match-up, I hope it is the Dodgers......  Wink Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2016, 01:45:17 pm »

I really haven't followed baseball much this season; so just from the team histories I'd like to see either the Cubs or Indians win.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2016, 07:16:50 pm »

Here's to praying,trying to have some faith my team can do it...No Cardinals automatically makes it better...I don't have to hear it from all my co-workers.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2016, 06:52:11 pm »

Here's to praying,trying to have some faith my team can do it...No Cardinals automatically makes it better...I don't have to hear it from all my co-workers.

Cubs roll through the playoffs...Addison Russell becomes the youngest World Series MVP ever.

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 10:37:39 am »

Grin Watching every Cubs game,it's awesome seeing him grow,and forget how young he is.

Go Cubs,the road begins here.

Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2016, 10:55:29 am »

Grin Watching every Cubs game,it's awesome seeing him grow,and forget how young he is.

Go Cubs,the road begins here.

I drafted Addison in my local keeper league three years ago, before Chicago traded for him. Arguably my favorite non-Padres player out there (though Boynton Beach's own Trea Turner (my "other" keeper) is close

I see Addison as a young Derek Jeter...he's only going to get better over the next 4-5 years.

~ Micah Leggat
raptorsfan29
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2016, 09:37:50 pm »

a little late but i think it's obvious who i am thinking, Blue Jays Vs Nationals WS

Its weird that this year the jays led in the AL in attendance hasn't happened in awhile.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2016, 11:42:51 pm »

Sad to see Big Papi walk to the mound for a final time.  He cried all the way

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 09:18:25 am »

I think it will be very hard for the Cubs to bounce back from that Game 3 loss.

That was a game they should have won.

It's the same story for all of their last few postseason appearances.  The offense disappears.  The only significant production they have been getting is from their pitching.

I normally root for the Red Sox, but when they are eliminated I root for the Cubs out of sympathy.

Their fans have it worse than we do as Dolphins fans. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 02:22:40 pm »

I'm happy that the Tribe finally exorcised their demons with the Red Sox.

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2016, 06:45:55 pm »

I think the Cubs are definitely feeling the pressure of playoffs past.

I wonder how much that affects a team.

I think the Dolphins go through the same thing. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray