Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 01:59:07 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Bills
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Bills  (Read 3129 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: October 23, 2016, 05:15:34 pm »

i can't think of anybody who deserves it this week. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2016, 06:09:07 pm »

Everyone involved in those personal fouls towards the end of the game.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2016, 06:18:31 pm »

Too many penalties today, in general.  Bushrod maybe

I drink your milkshake!
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2016, 07:46:29 pm »

Landry this week. The taunting penalty may be stupid but its the rule. Know it, don't do it. The cheap shot (and it was a cheap shot) also was not good.
mecadonzilla
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2016, 10:10:32 pm »

Landry this week. The taunting penalty may be stupid but its the rule. Know it, don't do it. The cheap shot (and it was a cheap shot) also was not good.

I'm not sure how it's a cheap shot.  He blocked a DB with his shoulder.  Had the defender been paying attention, it would have looked like just another block.  They only called the penalty because he was caught unaware.  Seriously, the dude should have been paying attention.  It's not like the aqua is hard to see. 
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 06:27:36 am »

I'm not sure how it's a cheap shot.  He blocked a DB with his shoulder.  Had the defender been paying attention, it would have looked like just another block.  They only called the penalty because he was caught unaware.  Seriously, the dude should have been paying attention.  It's not like the aqua is hard to see. 

It was cheap and Landry is going to get a big fine. He launched himself by leaving his feet and he hit him in the head and neck area. We all love Jarvis but people need to stop defending the fact it was a total cheap shot. Her is what Mike Pereira said about the hit below.

“Jarvis Landry was called for a personal foul for a hit on a defenseless player,” Mike Pereira, former NFL head of officiating, said on FOX, where he now is the rules analyst. “It was a crack-back block, and the player that is being blocked in a crack-back block is defenseless, so you can’t hit him in the head or neck area with a shoulder, helmet or forearm. This is clearly a foul and it was called.”
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2016, 09:35:25 am »

We kept shooting ourselves in the ass with those damn penalties Sad

but we won....

This week there wasn't anyone guy that sucked the entire game,or made enough big mistakes to cost us the game.(I'm trying not to hate on B.Maxwell!),the guys that played bad,stepped up at other times.

Bushrod with the penalties,made some nice blocks later. Landry penaltes,came up with some nice plays,etc...Arian Foster on the dropped 3rd down pass,was bad (but he only played a few snaps hard give him the shame for the 1 play,and the Haters are going to blame Tannehill for throwing it too hard B.S.)

I am going to give it to Jermaine Bushrod for the penalties,and a whiff,I remember on the sack He ws on the ground,and didn't block anyone

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2016, 10:25:13 am »

The penalties were almost very costly this week and it isn't like it was just one person. I can't narrow it to anyone and I don't think Gase deserves it either but the issue needs addressing so ultimately it will fall on him.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2016, 10:40:45 am »

I think the penalties (late in the game at least) were more from these two teams not liking each other and it got chippy at the very end of the game. The next match-up I think could be ugly....real ugly in that we will see some more cheap shots dished out and a lot of pushing/shoving fights and such.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2016, 11:16:15 am »

Ultimately the penalties were in garbage time, so it's hard for me to get too worked up about them.
I can't really think of a candidate for SOTG, so I'll refrain.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2016, 11:39:22 am »

garbage time,

You had to go there.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2016, 02:02:21 pm »

Maxwell.  Stupid taunting penalty at the end of the game turned 4th down into 1st down; and I noticed several plays where he let receivers get way behind him, LUCKILY he got help or Taylor didn't see the open receiver.

Dishonorable mention to Foster for a dropped pass on third down, and to Stills for the dropped long ball (although he made up for it on the touchdown reception).
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2016, 02:25:39 pm »

Stills for the dropped long ball (although he made up for it on the touchdown reception).

This one wasn't nearly as bad as the one he dropped in week 1. It was a bit underthrown (considering how many steps he had on the defender) and it was broken up by the defense rather than just dropped.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2016, 03:05:22 pm »

This one wasn't nearly as bad as the one he dropped in week 1. It was a bit underthrown (considering how many steps he had on the defender) and it was broken up by the defense rather than just dropped.

Very true it wasn't nearly as bad as the week #1 drop, BUT good receivers make these catches.  Yes a defender was right there, but it hit Stills in the chest and hands, he needs to catch those balls.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2016, 03:37:18 pm »

The defender hit it out of Stills hands though. The play was broken up more than it was a drop.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray