Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:36:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Other Sports Talk (Moderator: MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Congrats 'Lil B
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Congrats 'Lil B  (Read 2152 times)
MaineDolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

MaineDolFan
« on: November 03, 2016, 08:55:54 am »

THIS one isn't a photo shop.  Enjoy it my man.

"God is a comedian, playing to an audience too afraid to laugh."
-Voltaire
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2016, 09:15:16 am »

Congrats B!!!!  So happy the Cubbies pulled it off! Celebrate hard, brother!
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2016, 09:16:29 am »

w00t.  Go B!  Must be nice to see a championship in your lifetime.  Now if only the Dolphins could do that in my lifetime.   Grin
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2016, 11:29:15 am »

I took today off,because Win or lose the Cardinal fans in the office would be brutal.I also knew I would be up most of the night...

Thank you guys!  Embarrassed

Excuse me for my rambling here.... Tongue

It was very hard for me, to be the It's our year,We're winning the world series! I watched 160ish regular season games,every post season game. Every time I felt a little confident we could do this,there was a reality of the history,stats and numbers.

(not accurate,just throwing out the type of stats,or history)

There would be a stat, The team with the best record has only won like 4 times since the wild card format.
Teams Losing game 1 only win 20% of the time,The Cubs have never done this when this happens,etc...

The thread from Maine about the Red Sox,Cubs Collision course thread was a reminder to me,that How great this Cleveland team was to be here.Taking out the great offenses of
Boston and Toronto.Knowing how the Cubs Offense is so,hit and miss,and emotionally driven that something big had to happen early.

My Experience from Last night.
The game last night,Dexter Fowler right off the bat homerun,game changing-feeling.By the 4th or 5th inning I was counting outs,and then I got Really,Really pissed.It wasn't the game,but all the tweets,and texts flooding in about The Curse is Broken! You Got this...Cubs are going to win.It was so hot because if the record heat yesterday, I had the air conditioner on,but my house was still brutally hot.I started standing out on my front porch watching the game through the Glass front door at my big screen T.V.,trying to ignore my Twitter feed,but knowing it would crash if I didn't at least clear some of them each commercial break.Then came the pitching changes,and My confidence starting falling through the floor.The Cleveland comeback from the 2 run wild pitch,and wanting to just lash out.Davis was getting ready to bat,I said to my "wife",and Mom sitting on the couch.We're going to blow this,I've gotta go squirt. I came out of the bathroom,and was walking through the dining room when I heard the homerun call.My "wife" went home,my Mom went to bed.

So fast forward to the top of 10th we score,I'm hysterical.I'm sitting on my ottoman,1 foot in front of my 65" Big screen tv. Bottom of the 10th Joe Buck is Killing me,I can't listen,I mute the tv.the Slinging String bean Carl Edwards on the mound.I'm watching each pitch, Strike 1,Strike 2,Ball.2 outs and he's losing it...Pitching change, Dribbler to Bryant,throw to Rizzo..We Won...I was stunned...I just sat there watching my team,in disbelief then I Screamed at the top of my lungs WE DID IT.I ran to My Computer,and tweeted something.

A tweet from Brian's Fein's Wife,Then one from AzFinFan,My twitter client started timing out..I warned my neighbors at the beginning of the playoffs,If the Cubs win the world series,I'm going to go streaking through the neighborhood...Please don't call the police...I'm sorry. I walked out my door and started running down the street for a few blocks,fully clothed.I turned around and jogged back to my house. I walked through my front gate that I left open, and started sobbing...I was thinking of my Grandfather,Born in 1918,who died in 2005.Lived his whole life in Chicago,and the reason I'm a Cubs fan.

I fell asleep watching the the MLB network coverage in my Cubs jersey,and hat.It wasn't till this morning with 100's of tweets that the Cubs had won,did I realize I'm not Dreaming...

The Chicago Cubs are World Champions in 2016! Grin

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2016, 11:32:22 am »

That's awesome B!!! Congratulations to you!!

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2016, 02:11:25 pm »

I've been a Padres fan my entire life. If the Padres ever win a World Series (and if you believe the Book of Revelations, it's gonna happen), I will be an emotional wreck for days...

Congrat's to ya, my Hillbilly Co-host...no more curses for your boys!

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2016, 02:35:37 pm »

Thank you guys...Yeah I'm still waiting for the the breaking news of the Asteroid,or nuclear strike about to wipe us all out. Cheesy

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2016, 05:26:03 pm »

Thank you guys...Yeah I'm still waiting for the the breaking news of the Asteroid,or nuclear strike about to wipe us all out. Cheesy
No ... we just have to survive the election and that isn't looking good for any of us! I think the WS was great break for a lot of the US.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2016, 05:49:56 pm »

Party it is 1908 -Prince

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray