Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 02:33:14 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Rams
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Rams  (Read 2803 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 20, 2016, 08:49:11 pm »

Orr
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 01:17:14 am by dolphins4life » Logged

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:04:06 pm »

Helps if ya watch the game

It was Orr
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 10:16:48 pm »

It was Orr

Apparently he doesn't watch games but then runs on here to start these threads

DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 01:52:53 am »

Hard to say but both teams look very awful. My pick would be the offense.  They struggled heavily and didn't start moving the ball until late

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 07:39:00 am »

If the team had lost, wow, there would have been so much blame to go around. Once Tunsil left, the offense died. Okay, so losing three offensive linemen (and the three best) sucks, but everything that works for the Dolphins has come outside on the left side (first in rushing that way). The players that needed to step up didn't, the coaches that needed to game plan around this didn't, Tannehill kept missing defenders underneath and could easily (should) have been intercepted. Stills couldn't hold onto the ball to save his life. The receivers made a couple really costly and stupid penalties. The refs blew a few big calls (that PI on Maxwell was so far from being illegal, it should *never* have been missed). For three quarters, absolutely nothing worked.

Hard to give it to the defense when they only allowed the Rams to score 10 points.

Hard to give it to anyone on the offensive line. Yes, they played poorly, but there's a reason they are backups. Kudos to the front office, by the way, for bringing in the three guys who did play today due to injuries: Anthony Steen at center, Sam Young at left tackle, and Kraig Urbik at left guard. Plus, of course, the starting left guard Jermon Bushrod. I'll just note that neither Dallas Thomas nor Billy "Turnstile" Turner have played a single snap since cut by the Dolphins. Pretty bad when your starters of last year (28 starts combined last year) can't even see the field on any team halfway through the season with injuries all over the place.

The Orr personal foul was dumb, but that wasn't exactly a headbutt and the refs often just let that go.

I'm going to have to give it to Gase. It seems harsh and unfair, and it is, but the team just didn't seem ready for the Rams and the game plan was just bad. In bad weather and a low-scoring game, I'd like to see Ajayi get the ball a bit more -- and at smarter times. I cringed when he got the ball with 2:0X left in the game. That was just a waste. No one could have possible believed anything else was going to happen that play. With pressure coming from the pass rush, I would've also liked to see our backs get the ball on a sweep play or a toss out, instead of a straight handoff or play-action.

EDIT: Strike that. I'm just going to eat the SotG this week. No one gets it. Everyone was pretty bad most of the game, but at least Gase started the halftime break off by chewing out himself and the coaching staff for being shit. That kind of accountability is all too rare in football (and life in general).
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 08:10:02 am by fyo » Logged
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 09:07:48 am »

Apparently he doesn't watch games but then runs on here to start these threads

Yep! Pretty sure he isn't a fan of the team but just a troll who only shows up to bring the negative doom and gloom
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 09:39:06 am »

Oh who to give it to. What an unenjoyable game that ended w a win obviously can't give it to tannehill with the last two drives. I'll give it to lippett because I saw him miss two tackles on the same play.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2016, 10:22:00 am »

I'm giving mine to Gase. We looked unprepaired in more ways than one. Besides that ... how in the hell can rain affect us more than any other other team. Get out of the freaking bubble once in a while!!!!

I like Gase and what he brings but I do believe he is learningto grow just like the team.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2016, 10:35:11 am »

I'm giving mine to Gase. We looked unprepaired in more ways than one. Besides that ... how in the hell can rain affect us more than any other other team. Get out of the freaking bubble once in a while!!!!

I like Gase and what he brings but I do believe he is learningto grow just like the team.

Idk. I mean he kept the defense in the field on that punt in the 4th when he knew what fisher might try to pull.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2016, 11:20:12 am »

In bad weather and a low-scoring game, I'd like to see Ajayi get the ball a bit more -- and at smarter times. I cringed when he got the ball with 2:0X left in the game. That was just a waste. No one could have possible believed anything else was going to happen that play.
I thought that was actually a decent play call.  There was about 2:03 left on the play clock, so MIA only lost 3 seconds.  It was a good cup check, just to make sure LA was still defending the run.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2016, 11:30:10 am »

I thought that was actually a decent play call.  There was about 2:03 left on the play clock, so MIA only lost 3 seconds.  It was a good cup check, just to make sure LA was still defending the run.
Completely agree.  Everyone can see what Jay can do when they aren't expecting the run...he rips long ones.  I have no issue with them keeping the defense honest, especially with the 2 minute warning stopping the clock.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2016, 02:47:17 pm »

It was Orr

Orr was cut this week after being arrested Tuesday for possession of various controlled substances.

If you're a backup clinging to your spot on a pro team, don't do stupid crap.
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2016, 01:16:05 pm »

Orr was cut this week after being arrested Tuesday for possession of various controlled substances.

If you're a backup clinging to your spot on a pro team, don't do stupid crap.

Florida Gators still getting in trouble with the law. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray