Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 11:34:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Kiko Alonso has been playing pretty good, what should Miami do about Maxwell?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kiko Alonso has been playing pretty good, what should Miami do about Maxwell?  (Read 3556 times)
Alwaysdullfan

« on: November 21, 2016, 10:48:48 am »

Can Miami cut Maxwell after the season and not owe him any money? The guy is sooo over-paid its not even funny. With the money they're paying B. Maxwell they can easily create depth at O-line and help that run-defense plus secondary. Miami is also paying way too much money to B. Albert for the amount of time he's been missing. As good as he is, the guy is on injury report like every other game. Has he even played full 16 game season since joining Miami?? I dont think so....So I hope the GM makes the right moves for the future of the team and gets something solved when it comes to over-paying certain players. Eagles were glad to get rid of B. Maxwell and his contract when they made the trade. The only positive is Kiko Alonso, I think hes been playing really good football and the guy makes a fraction of what B. Maxwell and B. Albert make. I hope the Dolphins r not stuck financially to Maxwell after this season....
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 10:55:41 am »

Based on this page here:

http://overthecap.com/player/byron-maxwell/1535/

...it looks like Maxwell can be cut before or after June 1 and cost the team $3M in dead cap space, thus saving $5.5M in cap space.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 11:49:08 am »

I'm a Kiko Alonso fan, but it's not like he isn't making his share of mistakes. I haven't seen an evaluation of him from e.g. PFF, but my gut feeling is he's been pretty hit and miss -- lot's of mistakes, but some really great plays that make an impression.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 01:54:30 pm »

we have a 5 game winning streak and you guys want to run people off..........amazing.

Do you people even enjoy watching the games? How can anyone see how Kiko has played and not want him back. He has been great. And Maxwell took a small paycut after the trade and has improved. If he stays or goes....who cares worry about it in March.  Let the season play out first. If this team makes the playoffs you can bet your butt they will do what they can to keep Maxwell here for a while
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2016, 04:25:25 pm »

Maxwell graded out as one of the top 3 defensive players yesterday and that includes a bogus PI call. If you are looking for a perfect game then don't look too hard.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2016, 04:47:04 pm »

I've heard people describe the Seahawks' defensive strategy as hold them on every play and the refs will get tired of throwing flags, and it looks like Maxwell may have maintained that philosophy since his days in SEA.

EDGECRUSHER
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2016, 09:58:35 pm »

To start the year Maxwell was abysmal, but he's been pretty solid the past few weeks. So, let's see if he keeps this up before deciding.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2016, 07:58:26 am »

On Alonzo,I'd not be comfortable/happy with giving him a big fat long term contract.1 year of health,doesn't make up for 2 injury plagued seasons.Albert,Pouncey,and to some degree Parker show us ,It doesn't mater how great you are if you can't stay healthy,you're no good to us.

He's Really a high risk contract imo,I feel we're not smart enough to get a capable back up.(IMO we really need 2 outside linebackers too).

Modified to fix spelling,and my sentnces so they made some sense,I was in a epic hurry thins morning...I'm sorry. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 05:16:15 pm by DaLittle B » Logged

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2016, 10:27:38 am »

Kiko is small so he gets hurt. Maybe he is learning to play at his size.  I definitely wouldn't let him go until we find a replacement. He's been light years better than any LBer not named Zach Thomas.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2016, 11:30:46 am »

Kiko Alonso is 6'3" 238lbs.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2016, 11:44:00 am »

Kiko Alonso is 6'3" 238lbs.
Weight is kind of small for a middle linebacker.  He would be a weak side linebacker on a team with a competent MLB, as most MLB are over 240...That being said, Luke Luke Kuechly is under 240, and he's the best in the NFL right now.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2016, 04:01:42 pm »

Zach was listed at 5'11 and 243lbs. Ray Lewis is 6'1 and 250lbs. Clay Mathews is 6'3" and 250. I see Kiko is listed as 6'3" 238. I don't know how accurate that is but he is pretty skinny.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 04:50:42 pm »

I just saw this from Armando in regards to Maxwell.

For the second consecutive week, cornerback Byron Maxwell had a fine game in the Dolphins' secondary. He recorded five tackles, two stops and allowed 43 yards on six targets. In terms of coverage grade, Maxwell was the fourth best cornerback in the league for Week 11 and the third best in overall grade.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article116414883.html#storylink=cpy

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray