Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 04:06:10 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - 49ers
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - 49ers  (Read 2147 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: November 27, 2016, 06:51:39 pm »

The oline struggled to open holes for the running game today

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2016, 06:59:07 pm »

Gase for bad clock management at the end of the game
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 09:28:24 pm »

Whoever's fault it is for not being able to run the ball against the worst run defense team in the league.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 06:31:42 am »

Whoever's fault it is for not being able to run the ball against the worst run defense team in the league.

maybe missing their 3 best offensive linemen.

Jesus some of you people are miserable even with the win
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 08:14:35 am »

maybe missing their 3 best offensive linemen.

Jesus some of you people are miserable even with the win

It's the shame of the game thread. What do you expect? You gotta put blame on someone in this thread. It doesn't matter to me that they lost 3 o-linemen. Not even letting your RB get to the line of scrimmage on a lot of running plays is pretty piss poor, whether or not you're a back-up.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 09:17:42 am »

Our running backs were hit at or behind the line of scrimmage on all but a couple of plays. That's pretty darn bad, but it wasn't all on the offensive line. Sims, whose usually very good at blocking, got beaten badly more than once. One in particular resulted in something like a 4-5 yard loss on an Ajayi end-around. Those kind of plays put you behind and often kill drives. Young got beat a few times at left tackle, particularly early. Steen got beat a few times as well. Overall, I thought the backups had decent outing. There wasn't any of the "wave-em-on-through" type plays that EVERY game with Dallas Thomas and Billy Turner featured. Those two, by the way, have now spent six weeks not seeing a single snap. To think they started a combined 28 games for the Dolphins last year and now they can't even make it onto any of the other 31 gameday rosters (Turner at least got picked up).

Parker gets an honorable mention for not getting his feat down on two huge plays. On both plays he stuck out his hand as he was coming down to cushion himself. Seriously, this is the NFL. Hit the ground, turn, tap your feet, do something. He also had a dropped pass where he just mistimed his jump to the ball (it was slightly contested). At least Parker makes up for it with some great catches every now and then. I'm not sure Stills has ever caught a contested pass.

I think the Shame of the Game has to go to someone on defense for allowing the 49ers to put up 24 (nearly 31) points despite no turnovers from the offense and for making Kaepernick look like a pro bowl quarterback.

The defensive line had a bad game. They didn't get penetration AND didn't contain Kaep by failing to stick to their assigned gaps.

I think I'm going to give it to Vance Joseph for the overall poor defensive showing... and for dropping Wake back into coverage on a 3rd and 15 late in the game.

fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 09:30:04 am »

Gase for bad clock management at the end of the game

Are you referring to that one incomplete pass? Seems a bit harsh, particularly considering how poorly the Dolphins had been moving the ball on the ground.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 11:54:00 am »

Are you referring to that one incomplete pass? Seems a bit harsh, particularly considering how poorly the Dolphins had been moving the ball on the ground.
If it was just one, sure.  The drive before that he had one as well, when they should have been running the ball.  It wouldn't have even been close at the end of the game, even if they ran it 3 times and out on both drives, as time would have been almost out.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray