Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:08:31 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  META: What kind of things should we be talking about on here?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print
Author Topic: META: What kind of things should we be talking about on here?  (Read 10999 times)
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2016, 08:34:55 am »

This site will defend the qb at all costs even when it is blatantly obvious they aren't the answer. Look at this old thread about henne. http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=19048.30
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2016, 09:11:43 am »

This site will defend the qb at all costs even when it is blatantly obvious they aren't the answer. Look at this old thread about henne. http://www.thedolphinsmakemecry.com/forums/index.php?topic=19048.30

And that's fine, as long as posters and posts that criticize the QB are not treated any differently from the ones that laud him.

Again, this is why disrespect and personal attacks should be the grounds for taking action against posters, not whatever beliefs they're expressing they have about the team.

Dave Gray says he loves dissent and loves for discussion to be promoted.  The way you do that is by coming down only on disrespect and personal attacks (i.e., the stuff that really gets in the way of open discussion), not on people who are simply discussing the team, regardless of whatever it is they believe.

The moderators need to realize that if some people are rubbed the wrong way by what others believe, the people who are being rubbed the wrong way have the issue, not the person who believes whatever it is he does.

Sometimes you step on other people's feet, and other times other people's feet are just too damned big, and they need to get 'em out of the way. Wink

Imagine for example if I raised a stink here about how the site was just too damned positive about Ryan Tannehill, and every thread seemed to be "hijacked" into a view of supporting him, when we should really all be criticizing him.  How ridiculous would that be?

It's just as ridiculous to condemn any one person who does the opposite, who openly scrutinizes Tannehill amidst all the positivity, as long as that person is doing so respectfully and without personal attacks.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2016, 11:31:27 am »

^I don't really care what you post on Tannehill.  I stopped reading your posts because they are incredibly boring and long winded.

You need to add a TL;DR at the end of each one.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #48 on: December 08, 2016, 12:13:29 pm »

^I don't really care what you post on Tannehill.  I stopped reading your posts because they are incredibly boring and long winded.

You need to add a TL;DR at the end of each one.

That's a terrific remedy.  In fact I'd prefer there be an ignore function embedded in this site, so that folks like yourself wouldn't even know I existed.

There is a very narrow band of folks on any of these sites I prefer interacting with.  The rest can certainly tune me out. Smiley
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2016, 01:25:08 pm »

That's a terrific remedy.  In fact I'd prefer there be an ignore function embedded in this site, so that folks like yourself wouldn't even know I existed.

There is a very narrow band of folks on any of these sites I prefer interacting with.  The rest can certainly tune me out. Smiley
Considered me tuned out then.  Bye Felicia.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray