Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 03:57:29 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  META: What kind of things should we be talking about on here?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print
Author Topic: META: What kind of things should we be talking about on here?  (Read 11006 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: December 03, 2016, 11:43:09 pm »

When these forums first started so many years ago, I decided that I wanted to try to stand out by welcome fans of opposing teams.  I wanted our haters to be among us.  This section allowed for us to be trolled on the forums, but for that stuff to be kept out of real team discussions.  It used to get a lot of traffic.

But over the years, the culture of TDMMC has taken over.  The "trolls" aren't trolls anymore, and are functioning members of the site, which I think is great.

So, Anti-Fins is now a place for a weekly "shame" thread, that's pretty barren on a 6 game win streak.  And there's a straggler-threads here and there.

Do any of you have ideas for how to spruce this section us?  Weekly ideas for things that might bring interesting discussion?

I drink your milkshake!
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:24:32 am »

It's pretty funny that there is no activity on this site and the mods feel the need to move threads for no reason. This forum is "for people who don't like the dolphins"  per the description. It doesn't say to post anything that doesn't fellate our qb here.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:53:55 am »

I suspect that if you move all the threads that are critical of Ryan Tannehill to this section, and make that known in the main forum, this area will immediately become more busy, since the functioning of the team's quarterback is of utmost importance to the team's success or the lack thereof.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 10:00:32 am »

In taking more of a look through this forum (for the first time), what it seems it's become is an area in which moderators can exercise their power by moving to it topics that they frown upon, posted by members they freely ridicule.

The spirit it sounds like you're coming from above here, Dave Gray, doesn't seem consistent with that at all.  I'm not surprised this has devolved to something that doesn't meet with your satisfaction.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 10:16:27 am »

Let's be honest here, in one year there has been exactly one topic moved here and it was a bashing of Tannehill. It is precisely the topic that goes into this forum and you seem hurt that a mod put it here rather than where you originally posted it.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2016, 10:34:36 am »

I think general and reasonably objective discussion of the team and it's strengths and weaknesses would be a better fit for the main forum. This one should be reserved for topics that are distinctly and by design negative on the Dolphins. So if I want to post a thread about how much Ajayi sucks because xxx, then this (anti-fins section) is the place, regardless of merit. If I want to discuss the different running backs we have and their relative strengths and weaknesses, then the main forum would be a better fit.

Just MHO.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2016, 10:44:36 am »

I think general and reasonably objective discussion of the team and it's strengths and weaknesses would be a better fit for the main forum. This one should be reserved for topics that are distinctly and by design negative on the Dolphins. So if I want to post a thread about how much Ajayi sucks because xxx, then this (anti-fins section) is the place, regardless of merit. If I want to discuss the different running backs we have and their relative strengths and weaknesses, then the main forum would be a better fit.

Just MHO.

Yeah, that's the idea.  You don't have to hate the Dolphins to post here.  But it's threads that have a generally negative connotation.  There is some judgement there, in a case by case.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:52:31 am »

Let's be honest here, in one year there has been exactly one topic moved here and it was a bashing of Tannehill. It is precisely the topic that goes into this forum and you seem hurt that a mod put it here rather than where you originally posted it.

Oh I'm not hurt.  I'll just stand by and let you all make yourselves look bad by making these sorts of judgments. Smiley
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 10:58:23 am »

OK, but this is not going to be discussed in the forum any more. Dave has stated in the past it is judgement. I left your copy over post (I'm sure trying to hide it that way is just another example of how you are taking this so easily) and the rules are to not question mods on moved or deleted posts in thread. A topic of negativity was moved to the anti section. Get over it already. Discuss it in PM with Dave, the mod who moved your post, or any other mod.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 11:00:02 am »

Yeah, that's the idea.  You don't have to hate the Dolphins to post here.  But it's threads that have a generally negative connotation.  There is some judgement there, in a case by case.

Until the team wins the Super Bowl, there are bound to be threads with negative connotations, posted by people who care deeply about the team and want it to succeed, and are merely trying to determine what it is about the team that's preventing that level of success (in their opinion).

Again, you have a forum here that was intended for one purpose, that has clearly devolved to fulfilling another, in this case a power play by your moderators.  They don't like the content of a post, and/or who posted it, and so they move it here, regardless of the purpose of this forum.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 11:01:07 am »

Lol there are more mods than regular posters. Quite the circle jerk.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2016, 11:01:31 am »

OK, but this is not going to be discussed in the forum any more. Dave has stated in the past it is judgement. I left your copy over post (I'm sure trying to hide it that way is just another example of how you are taking this so easily) and the rules are to not question mods on moved or deleted posts in thread. A topic of negativity was moved to the anti section. Get over it already. Discuss it in PM with Dave, the mod who moved your post, or any other mod.

Well I don't respond well to tyranny, no, as does typically no one else either, but again, I'm not "hurt," as you put it.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2016, 11:02:53 am »

It isn't tyranny to move a negative post to the anti section. It isn't a punishment, it isn't a power move. It is placing a negative thought into the appropriate area.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2016, 11:03:06 am »

Until the team wins the Super Bowl, there are bound to be threads with negative connotations, posted by people who care deeply about the team and want it to succeed, and are merely trying to determine what it is about the team that's preventing that level of success (in their opinion).

Again, you have a forum here that was intended for one purpose, that has clearly devolved to fulfilling another, in this case a power play by your moderators.  They don't like the content of a post, and/or who posted it, and so they move it here, regardless of the purpose of this forum.
Jesus dude, let it go.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2016, 11:03:26 am »

Lol there are more mods than regular posters. Quite the circle jerk.

Speaking of which, do you know the definition of a true competitor?

A guy who finishes first and third in a circle jerk.

Grin
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray