Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:18 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - Ravens
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - Ravens  (Read 2750 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 04, 2016, 04:37:12 pm »

This was a complete team failure.

The defense was horrid right from the start.

Gase made some poor decisions.

The play calling was bad.

Franks missed a field goal.

The offense couldn't get anything going.

I will give it to Gase this week because of how horrid the team was today. 

Also, Tannehill could learn from Brady.  When you have a running back staying in to block for you, you can avoid a sack by throwing the ball at that running back's feet.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 04:42:11 pm »

1st brown star to gase
2nd brown star to tannehill
3rd brown star to jakeem grant

Jakeem is just awful. Takes the kickoff out of the end one to the 13 yard line. Fair catches a punt at the 6 amazing how much of an idiot he is.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2016, 06:03:00 pm »

No offense.  No defense.  Has to go to Gase, completely unprepared
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2016, 06:25:57 pm »

Wow, that was a terrible game all around. I actually thought Tannehill has a perfect first 10 throws, despite one incomplete (receiver slipped) and the endzone interception. On the int, that was just bad by Landry. The ball was placed perfectly and Landry had both hands on it. Then the safety just came and took it away. Landry needs to see the safety and use his body.

There was some sporadic good play by Tannehill after that, but then a complete meltdown with some truly horrible throws.

As for the defense, I just don't know what the heck was going on. The Dolphins have had problems with tight ends and big receivers going over the middle before, but actually seemed to get a handle on it last year and were 8th against TEs this year. Alonso in pass coverage is just cringe-worthy if he needs to cover beyond 5 yards and without Jelani Jenkins there to bail him out, he got burned all day.

Just seemed like a horrible game plan on both offense and defense.

Vance Joseph is an obvious nominee for Shame of the Game, as is Tannehill for the meltdown after the game got away (but you still can't do that). The offensive line and Parker really screwed some drives initially as well.

With the sheer volume of ineptitude on display, the Shame of the Game has to go to Gase.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 08:20:43 pm »

Wow, that was a terrible game all around. I actually thought Tannehill has a perfect first 10 throws, despite one incomplete (receiver slipped) and the endzone interception. On the int, that was just bad by Landry. The ball was placed perfectly and Landry had both hands on it. Then the safety just came and took it away. Landry needs to see the safety and use his body.

There was some sporadic good play by Tannehill after that, but then a complete meltdown with some truly horrible throws.

As for the defense, I just don't know what the heck was going on. The Dolphins have had problems with tight ends and big receivers going over the middle before, but actually seemed to get a handle on it last year and were 8th against TEs this year. Alonso in pass coverage is just cringe-worthy if he needs to cover beyond 5 yards and without Jelani Jenkins there to bail him out, he got burned all day.

Just seemed like a horrible game plan on both offense and defense.

Vance Joseph is an obvious nominee for Shame of the Game, as is Tannehill for the meltdown after the game got away (but you still can't do that). The offensive line and Parker really screwed some drives initially as well.

With the sheer volume of ineptitude on display, the Shame of the Game has to go to Gase.
Pretty sure that was Parker...again.
Run Ricky Run
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2016, 08:37:07 pm »

That abortion was the second highest margin of victory in the NFL this year.
DZA
Uber Member

3rd Infantry Division Veteran

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2016, 11:50:54 pm »

Bad game overall. The entire  team gets SHAMED.

fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2016, 10:15:40 am »

Pretty sure that was Parker...again.

Yes it was. My bad.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2016, 10:45:36 am »

Whenever a team falters at just about every level, you have to go to the coach.  They weren't prepared, they weren't motivated, or they were out-schemed.  ...either way, it's a pyramid of blame that all points to the top.

So, it's gotta be Gase, I guess.

I drink your milkshake!
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2016, 01:05:37 pm »

I'm really conflicted,because Our LB's,and secondary,with injuries isn't exactly how we envisioned it at the start of the season.Vance Joesph's failing to make some type of adjustment till we were practically buried (down 21?),to what the Ravens were doing passing the ball,was so effin my blowing stupid to me.The whole team ended up failing,so I get the Gase nomination.

For me Vance Joesph's in game decisions get my vote.

CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 04:49:04 pm »

I'm really conflicted,because Our LB's,and secondary,with injuries isn't exactly how we envisioned it at the start of the season.Vance Joesph's failing to make some type of adjustment till we were practically buried (down 21?),to what the Ravens were doing passing the ball,was so effin my blowing stupid to me.The whole team ended up failing,so I get the Gase nomination.

For me Vance Joesph's in game decisions get my vote.

It's really hard to criticize Joseph with the job he has done so far. We knew the DBs were a liability at the beginning of the season and we lost two of our best options. What he has done so far is nothing short of incredible. Unfortunately ... just like San Fran in the second half ... Baltimore realized how bad they are and picked them apart. Flacco went 27/34 for 258 yards with three touchdowns and an interception in the first half. They completely abandoned the run and Flacco had his best game.  I can't blame Joseph because the shine fell off the turd. 

As has been typical lately ... almost everyone contributed somehow to the loss. seeing as how Tannehill has gotten the game balls lately I'm going to give him my shame today.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
fyo
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2016, 04:23:22 pm »

For some reason, Lippett started playing further off his man than normal and the guys in the middle didn't cover tightly either. There was an interview with one of the DBs and he basically said "Vance had a great gameplan and didn't change anything" and that the players just had to execute it, but didn't. They weren't supposed to be so lose in their coverage, but were, for whatever reason.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray