Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 09:59:16 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  What will happen to the Patriots?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: What will happen to the Patriots?  (Read 3986 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 11:44:09 am »

If he can consistently have seasons with playoff loses in about 8 years he will break Shula's record.  Hard to have a playoff loss without winning ~12 games first.  This will also remove all question as to his greatness (was it him or Brady).
Somehow, I doubt that a decade of early playoff exits without Brady will prove that Brady was NOT the key to "greatness."

I don't hear anyone talking about how great Andy Reid or Marvin Lewis are.

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2016, 11:49:11 am »

Mick Jagger can sing songs he wrote 40 years ago and go on tour for a month or two every couple years. Being an NFL head coach is a full time job year round 24/7/365. Horrible comparison

Obviously the point I was making soared well over your head.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2017, 11:53:40 am »

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/16/josh-mcdaniels-reportedly-out-of-running-for-49ers-job/

This makes me nervous that BB is considering retiring.  While there could be other reasons not to take the job, BB planning to retire either this year or when Brady does would be a reason to stay put.

------

On the topic of Shula's record, prior analysis only considered regular season games.  If you count playoff games too, BB is only 86 away, average ~ 11 regular season and 1 playoff win per season he could do that in 7 more years.

And who could argue with a straight face a regular season record is more prestigious than the combined record?

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2017, 12:39:15 pm »

If Belichick does retire who gets the job though, McDaniels or Patricia....or does someone like Saban come back to the NFL and take over that franchise as he and BB are friends and BB can probably forge that hire with Kraft and Saban.

I don't see BB chasing Shula's record, nobody cares about the amount of wins a head coach has in reality. It's about how many rings are on your fingers. BB could have 5 in a couple weeks (as a head coach, more if you count his as an assistant) and I don't think he has some 7 or 8 or 9 year plan to catch Shula as it seems pointless to chase that at his age.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2017, 12:58:21 pm »

If Belichick does retire who gets the job though, McDaniels or Patricia....or does someone like Saban come back to the NFL and take over that franchise as he and BB are friends and BB can probably forge that hire with Kraft and Saban.

I don't see BB chasing Shula's record, nobody cares about the amount of wins a head coach has in reality. It's about how many rings are on your fingers. BB could have 5 in a couple weeks (as a head coach, more if you count his as an assistant) and I don't think he has some 7 or 8 or 9 year plan to catch Shula as it seems pointless to chase that at his age.

To your first question.....whoever BB suggests to Kraft in his exit interview.  But either Josh or Matt. 

Yeah I don't see him staying on to chase Shula's record.  I see him staying on to prove he can win a Super Bowl without Tom Brady.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2017, 10:17:25 am »

Neither Brady nor Belichick are retiring on this win.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2017, 03:45:03 pm »

Either BB has lost his mind (unlikely) or BB views JG as being an elite quality QB worthy of an Aaron Rodgers type commitment while waiting for TB to pass the touch.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2017, 05:26:19 pm »

Either BB has lost his mind (unlikely) or BB views JG as being an elite quality QB worthy of an Aaron Rodgers type commitment while waiting for TB to pass the touch.

It's common sense. Brady is 40 and has a year or two left. Brady can talk all he wants about playing to 45 or whatever, reality is what it is and he has 1 or 2 years tops left. So he and the Kraft family want JimmyG around to be the next QB
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray