Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:13:42 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Miami Dolphins - Should They Just Give Up??
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Miami Dolphins - Should They Just Give Up??  (Read 2481 times)
DeeJams1

Email
« on: December 11, 2016, 08:21:03 pm »

It wasn't pretty but, the Miami Dolphins found another way to win a football game with a field goal against the St. Louis Cardinals 26-23! The weather conditions were absolutely terrible which contributed to fumbles and turnovers for both teams! Nevertheless, a win is a win! Congratulations Dolphins! However, there is a major concern involving Dolphins quarterback Ryan Tannehill who suffered a knee injury during the game! Rumors are that Tannehill has a torn Achilles Tendon and is going to be out for the rest of the season! If this is true then the only quarterback alternative is backup Matt Moore! The current question with Dolphins Fans is can Matt Moore step up and get the job done? Many fans say hell no due to his performance history with the Dolphins! Therefore, if Moore is the quarterback of choice to try and lead the team into the playoffs then many fans feel that the Miami Dolphins football season is over! The only hope for the Dolphins at this point is for Coach Adam Gase to start immediate intense quarterback training for Matt Moore preparing him to be an improved, successful, and highly productive quarterback! If not, the only other hope of even possibly making it to the playoffs would be to rely on the defense! It seems that the Miami Dolphins are always plagued with some type of season ending occurrence year after year! When will it ever end? Good luck Dolphins! You're really going to need it!     
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:32:13 pm by DeeJams1 » Logged
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 08:39:42 pm »

A win and a HUGE loss for you guys.   I'd be really concerned about next season as well.   An ACL injury this late in the year could put his availability for training camp in jeopardy

Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 08:40:33 pm »

If the Cardinals keep losing, I predict they'll end up in Arizona soon, bank on that.  Grin

And no, you never give up. I have faith Gase and co. can come with something to get these guys in a position to keep winning. Moore is a veteran backup, I'm sure he'll be ok.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 08:59:00 pm »

Who the heck starts a thread like this after a win? Yes Tannehill going down sucks but give up? I mean seriously the childish mindset some fans have around here simply is amazing
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 08:59:21 pm »

Of course not! Everyone needs to get a grip on Tannehill's injury. Matt Moore is certainly capable of beating the Jet and Bills and honestly he doesn't really have to do much he just has to not screw it up and toss a couple of picks which might be tough against the Bills, but shouldn't be tough against the Jets. The rest of the team needs to rally around Moore, but he's a capable QB of winning the next 2. I don't know if that will be enough to get them into the playoffs, but if the Dolphins get to 10 wins, regardless of whether they make the playoffs, they will have proved they can compete in the league and that's a start. Next year the LB crew needs a complete overhaul to take the defense from an average defense into a top 10 defense. Confidence is high, they don't need to start losing they need to keep building on the confidence and carry it over into next year.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 10:56:00 am »

Nah.  Nothing changes, really.  Tannehill's injury is super unfortunate, but more because of its impact on next year, rather than this one.

We were competing for the 6th playoff spot in the AFC (we still are).
We were realistically not going to make a run, if you got in.  (we still aren't.)

This year was more about figuring some things out, finding your path for the future, and creating a culture.  We are doing those things.

I drink your milkshake!
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 12:44:15 pm »

Nah.  Nothing changes, really.  Tannehill's injury is super unfortunate, but more because of its impact on next year, rather than this one.

We were competing for the 6th playoff spot in the AFC (we still are).
We were realistically not going to make a run, if you got in.  (we still aren't.)

This year was more about figuring some things out, finding your path for the future, and creating a culture.  We are doing those things.

This year was all about finally establishing a head coach with some authority, and that's been achieved.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 02:03:57 pm »

This year was all about finally establishing a head coach with some authority, and that's been achieved.
So, you just want to stop there?  Let's ride this out, see how far it gets!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray