Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 05:19:46 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Cardinals
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Cardinals  (Read 4211 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: December 11, 2016, 09:16:08 pm »

Williams. 

I don't know what he was thinking on the last play. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 09:32:17 pm »

Williams. 

I don't know what he was thinking on the last play. 

What he was thinking, he was trying to score! SMH!

I mean what do you think he was doing, WTF do some of you people understand football at all
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2016, 09:53:18 pm »

He nearly ran out the entire time and cost the Dolphins a chance for the game winning field goal.

He should have just gone down as soon as the play was botched. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2016, 11:15:35 pm »

Williams' error was poor coaching.  That goes on Gase or the OC.

On a run play in that situation, you have to tell the player to get in or get down.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2016, 11:40:28 pm »

He nearly ran out the entire time and cost the Dolphins a chance for the game winning field goal.

He should have just gone down as soon as the play was botched. 

QB shouldn't have snapped the ball and just called timeout so they could kick. He couldn't get the play off in time and took a major risk. QB needs to be in control on the field and manage the situation. That is all on Matt Moore
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2016, 12:18:22 am »

There isn't a "major risk" if Williams is aware of the game situation, which was that he needed to get in immediately or get on the ground.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2016, 06:03:14 am »

There isn't a "major risk" if Williams is aware of the game situation, which was that he needed to get in immediately or get on the ground.

But why even snap the ball they were at the around the 3 yard line anyway. QB has to manage the situation better he is the field general. Risk/reward and the QB needs to own the situation
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2016, 07:14:22 am »

Although stupid, no harm, no foul. 

I would like to give it to the refs.  That was one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen.  I can't think of any particular Dolphins player that was bad.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2016, 07:32:20 am »

^ Moore looked like he was falling as he handed the ball off. The question at that point becomes, is it safer to complete the handoff or to try and tuck it. That's a hard one to judge from afar, IMHO.

The coaches definitely should have told everyone to just go down if you can't get in. Williams should have been told in the huddle as well.

The refs deserve a mention as well. They really brought the focus on themselves this game. Way too many calls for holding in particular that just weren't there. And this wasn't slanted against Miami. There were some bad calls the other way as well. On the Tannehill injury, I've seen that play flagged often this year, even once or twice against Miami. The defender dives and hits the quarterback low going full force. He has plenty of time to try and avoid Tannehill or at least just grab instead of hit. I don't really like rules like this, because they are not consistently adjudicated, but it's illegal and the flag needs to come (and the fine).
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2016, 10:11:52 am »

I can't even find a shame this week.  Terrible conditions, refs calling everything against you, linebackers not playing, losing your QB for the year.  ...still finding a win in there somewhere.  Sometimes it's the NFL and you just have to be happy that you get out of there.

I drink your milkshake!
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2016, 11:21:08 am »

But why even snap the ball they were at the around the 3 yard line anyway. QB has to manage the situation better he is the field general.
I'm pretty sure second-stringer Matt Moore doesn't have the authority to audible out of a called run with less than 15 seconds remaining.

No matter how you slice it, it's the coaches.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2016, 11:54:32 am »

With 10 seconds on the clock and a timeout in your pocket I can understand running a play. The back has to have situational awareness though. It doesn't take 10 second to run three yards as long as the players are situationally aware.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 12:44:30 pm »

I'm pretty sure second-stringer Matt Moore doesn't have the authority to audible out of a called run with less than 15 seconds remaining.

No matter how you slice it, it's the coaches.

He has the authority to call timeout and not run the play
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 02:02:01 pm »

You don't want to do that either, as you would be giving them the ball back after the FG.  You need to kick the FG with <= 3 seconds left, which MIA could control easily.

If Williams takes a knee as soon as he sees no hole, we aren't even having this discussion.  He made a bad decision because he was poorly coached.

Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 02:05:27 pm »

If it were me, I'd have Moore take a knee wherever the kicker is most comfortable kicking from.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray