Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:50:26 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Provocative Tannehill Opinion
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Provocative Tannehill Opinion  (Read 4837 times)
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2017, 02:16:04 pm »

Actually with the way Matt Moore has played these past several games, the team should be at least thinking about whether it makes more sense to cut or trade Tannehill, draft a QB, and let Moore groom the QB for a year, while both of them make peanuts.
And simply say well it was nice to make the playoffs this year, but we are rebuilding again next year? Hardly. The right thing to do is to continue on the path that you have set. Trust what you have put in place. You brought in Gase not to win a superbowl in year 1 or even year 2, but to get the team headed in the right direction again. You made the playoffs. Now make it again and go deeper into the playoffs to prove you are a legit contender. Then hopefully, maybe have a shot in the next couple of years after that. Build it up, year after year, don't tear it down the moment it starts to resemble what you want it to become because it's not there yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the Dolphins drafting a QB in next year's draft and letting Gase start to groom him for the future, but in the mean time you see just how far you can ride Tannehill and if he's still not taken you where you want to go in a couple years and you have someone waiting in the wings then make the switch, but this year is not that year.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 02:44:05 pm by Pappy13 » Logged

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2017, 08:04:34 pm »

And simply say well it was nice to make the playoffs this year, but we are rebuilding again next year? Hardly. The right thing to do is to continue on the path that you have set. Trust what you have put in place. You brought in Gase not to win a superbowl in year 1 or even year 2, but to get the team headed in the right direction again. You made the playoffs. Now make it again and go deeper into the playoffs to prove you are a legit contender. Then hopefully, maybe have a shot in the next couple of years after that. Build it up, year after year, don't tear it down the moment it starts to resemble what you want it to become because it's not there yet.

Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with the Dolphins drafting a QB in next year's draft and letting Gase start to groom him for the future, but in the mean time you see just how far you can ride Tannehill and if he's still not taken you where you want to go in a couple years and you have someone waiting in the wings then make the switch, but this year is not that year.

Well since we're now talking about future possibilities and neither of us has a crystal ball, all I'll say is this:  pay attention to how the Kansas City Chiefs play in the playoffs this year, because unless the Dolphins amass the very best defense in the league, they stand to be no better than the Chiefs, and have no better a shot at the Super Bowl in a playoff scenario, with Ryan Tannehill at QB.

And here's my prediction:  despite the quality of the Chiefs' defense, as soon as they meet a team Alex Smith can't keep pace with offensively, they're done.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray