Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 10:59:51 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  My Advice for the Steelers Game
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: My Advice for the Steelers Game  (Read 3968 times)
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« on: January 01, 2017, 03:51:18 pm »

If the Steelers are favored by the 8 or 9 points they stand to be, dig into your wallet, pull out your credit card, visit the Bovada website, and put down everything you can afford on the Steelers.

That way when you watch this team get beaten soundly next week, there will at least be something to compensate for how shitty it feels. Wink

PS:  And do it early in the week, before the spread increases a bit as the week goes on.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 04:12:31 pm »

Terrible
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:42:13 pm »

And if you win enough you might be able to buy back the farm you lost following similar advice regarding Houston game.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 04:46:10 pm »

Dolfanalyst's standing advice:

bet everything you have against Miami

He's only lost it all once!

Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 05:51:18 pm »

Guys, wake up.  You're actually trying to influence the perceived credibility of a nobody on a meaningless message board.

There will be no winnings or other accolades afforded the person here perceived as "most credible."

And no, not even if it's you. Cheesy
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 06:00:12 pm »

Your repeated reminders about how "internet credibility is not important" are quite ironic when posted to an internet message board.

I'm simply making note of your previous gambling advice.  The last time (the only time?) you told TDMMC readers to bet everything, you lost badly.

Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 06:27:13 pm »

Your repeated reminders about how "internet credibility is not important" are quite ironic when posted to an internet message board.

I'm simply making note of your previous gambling advice.  The last time (the only time?) you told TDMMC readers to bet everything, you lost badly.

If any TDMMC reader was following my betting advice closely before the Arizona game, he didn't bet on the game at all.

Listen, this thread was for entertainment value, just like the rest of them here.  Nobody here perceives me as a gambling tout, I'm sure, and if he does, he should reconsider for his own financial well-being. Cheesy
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 07:05:04 pm »

If any TDMMC reader was following my betting advice closely before the Arizona game, he didn't bet on the game at all.

Maybe you know more about gambling than I do, but my humble understanding is that if on Tuesday you Bet The Farm on one team, and then on Thursday you are dissatisfied with the later movement of the line, you can't simply go cancel your bet and get your farm back.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 07:11:12 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 07:41:12 pm »

Maybe you know more about gambling than I do, but my humble understanding is that if on Tuesday you Bet The Farm on one team, and then on Thursday you are dissatisfied with the later movement of the line, you can't simply go cancel your bet and get your farm back.

My lord, are we talking about people's making actual bets here? Cheesy

I thought we were just talking about my feelings about the game in a harmless thread on a message board?
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 10:03:06 pm »

If the Steelers are favored by the 8 or 9 points they stand to be, dig into your wallet, pull out your credit card, visit the Bovada website, and put down everything you can afford on the Steelers.

That way when you watch this team get beaten soundly next week, there will at least be something to compensate for how shitty it feels. Wink

PS:  And do it early in the week, before the spread increases a bit as the week goes on.

More gambling advice from someone who clearly hasn't cashed a winning ticket in his life and owns "many farms" he gives away each week.

You all know the one week he predicts one of these things correctly he will be the ...."See I told you So" type! Predict 49 things wrong, don't say a word. Get 1 right and brag about it till the day he dies!
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2017, 08:17:03 am »

More gambling advice from someone who clearly hasn't cashed a winning ticket in his life and owns "many farms" he gives away each week.

You all know the one week he predicts one of these things correctly he will be the ...."See I told you So" type! Predict 49 things wrong, don't say a word. Get 1 right and brag about it till the day he dies!

What are these predictions you're talking about?  Are you even reading the same board as the rest of us? Cheesy
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2017, 08:17:46 am »

Opening line is Steelers -10 most places.  There is a -9.5 out there, however, and I'd jump on it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2017, 12:13:33 pm »

The first time the teams played earlier this year I picked the Steelers over the Dolphins for the Elimination pool, I've been kicking myself week after week.  Now we all know that the Steelers have an advantage over the Dolphins, but I'm not betting against them, especially with a 9 point spread, or larger.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2017, 06:59:24 am »

The first time the teams played earlier this year I picked the Steelers over the Dolphins for the Elimination pool, I've been kicking myself week after week.  Now we all know that the Steelers have an advantage over the Dolphins, but I'm not betting against them, especially with a 9 point spread, or larger.

Ironically enough, you're going to fall prey to the same mistake twice:  insufficient appreciation of situational dynamics.

Then again if you don't bet at all, you can't lose anything.  I'm speaking here from the perspective of what you could've won. Smiley
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2017, 11:51:04 am »

Ironically enough, you're going to fall prey to the same mistake twice:  insufficient appreciation of situational dynamics.

Then again if you don't bet at all, you can't lose anything.  I'm speaking here from the perspective of what you could've won. Smiley

Oh, I appreciate situational dynamics.  When these two teams met earlier in the season Miami was 1-4, and struggled to beat the Browns.  Are you saying your advice THEN would NOT have been to bet the farm?

Ironically you have the mentality that all addicted gamblers have, "I can't lose".
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray