Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 04:13:55 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the game - Patriots
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Shame of the game - Patriots  (Read 4592 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: January 01, 2017, 04:58:23 pm »

The defense, but then again,what can you do against that offense?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
BuccaneerBrad
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 07:50:25 pm »

You can blitz Brady relentlessly.   Pressure him and he gets rattled

Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 08:09:18 pm »

The defense, but then again,what can you do against that offense?

Not much.  Only one team this year has held Brady to a passer rating below the league average.  That was Denver, and they still lost.

Compare that with the Dolphins, whose passer rating was held below the league average on six different occasions this year.

The way you beat the Patriots is by staying step-for-step with them offensively like the Seahawks did in their 31-24 win against them this year, but for that you need an exceptionally good performance out of your own quarterback.
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2017, 04:30:28 pm »

I'd give it to the defense if that actually was Miami's defense. It didn't much resemble the defense that Miami was supposed to have on the field this year. I think there were maybe 3 starters out there?

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2017, 07:24:35 pm »

I'd give it to the defense if that actually was Miami's defense. It didn't much resemble the defense that Miami was supposed to have on the field this year. I think there were maybe 3 starters out there?
4!  Kiko, Suh, Wake and Howard
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2017, 07:40:42 pm »

And in the Dolphins' game in New England this year, they got dominated very similarly by New England's second-string QB, stalling them from scoring only when their rookie third-string QB entered the game, and that was with all eleven defensive starters.

New England got stopped offensively exactly once this year when either Tom Brady or Jimmy Garoppolo was starting, and that was against the best defense in the league (Denver), away.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2017, 09:15:02 pm »

And in the Dolphins' game in New England this year, they got dominated very similarly by New England's second-string QB, stalling them from scoring only when their rookie third-string QB entered the game, and that was with all eleven defensive starters.

New England got stopped offensively exactly once this year when either Tom Brady or Jimmy Garoppolo was starting, and that was against the best defense in the league (Denver), away.

New England is better than Miami.....tell the world something we don't already know! You make it sound like you are breaking news to us all that none of us understand. The Patriots are a better team. Ok, we sort of already all knew that like everyone else on Planet Earth!
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2017, 09:17:17 pm »

New England is better than Miami.....tell the world something we don't already know! You make it sound like you are breaking news to us all that none of us understand. The Patriots are a better team. Ok, we sort of already all knew that like everyone else on Planet Earth!

Right, and it's also how the Dolphins were beaten by them.  Dominated.  Not good! Sad
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2017, 09:18:20 pm »

Right, and it's also how the Dolphins were beaten by them.  Dominated.  Not good! Sad

The Patriots pretty much dominate everyone they play. That isn't a reason to blow up your organization and bring in all new players.

You my friend are clueless!
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2017, 09:22:56 pm »

The Patriots pretty much dominate everyone they play. That isn't a reason to blow up your organization and bring in all new players.

They didn't dominate Denver's defense, and so no, Denver is in no need of blowing up their defense to be competitive against the best teams in the league.  What they're in need of, on the other hand, is better offensive play, especially at QB.

The Dolphins on the other hand are in need of much better play defensively.  The Patriots beat them twice in a manner completely different from how they beat Denver.

And again, they can't pay the players they need to improve the defense if they're paying a QB 10% of their cap and not getting the return necessary on that expenditure.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2017, 09:31:00 pm »

They didn't dominate Denver's defense, and so no, Denver is in no need of blowing up their defense to be competitive against the best teams in the league.  What they're in need of, on the other hand, is better offensive play, especially at QB.

The Dolphins on the other hand are in need of much better play defensively.  The Patriots beat them twice in a manner completely different from how they beat Denver.

And again, they can't pay the players they need to improve the defense if they're paying a QB 10% of their cap and not getting the return necessary on that expenditure.

I love how you just ignore things. LIKE MIAMI MISSING 5 STARTERS ON DEFENSE LAST WEEK!!!! New England traveled to Miami 3 years in a row and Tannehill beat them 3 years in a row. This year Miami missing Tannehill and 5 starters on defense lose to the Pats,....therefore blow it up and get rid of everyone Miami sucks in your world.

We are supposed to ignore the 3 games Tannehill beat the Pats and just go off of last weeks loss in which he didn't even play in, as well has missing 5 starters on defense. Yes every team is missing a starter or two, but missing 5 on one unit is a bit extreme and tough to overcome ESPECIALLY vs the best team in the league. Most teams have trouble beating NE when at full strength, take away 5 starters on one unit and it's tough for any team to beat the Pats. Well not in your mind, you just want to get rid of everyone and ignore actual facts like missing your starting QB and 5 starters on defense.

And a fact you seem not to know, the salary cap goes up every year and Tannehill's contract is about league average for starting QB's in the NFL these days. He is like the 14th or 15th highest paid QB in the league. Middle of the pack contract that is team friendly and very fair. I don't know if Tannehill screwed your wife, ran over your dog with a car, or kicked your grandma's cane as she was walking across the street but the hard-on you have for him is beyond a sick obsession.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2017, 09:43:31 pm »

I love how you just ignore things. LIKE MIAMI MISSING 5 STARTERS ON DEFENSE LAST WEEK!!!! New England traveled to Miami 3 years in a row and Tannehill beat them 3 years in a row. This year Miami missing Tannehill and 5 starters on defense lose to the Pats,....therefore blow it up and get rid of everyone Miami sucks in your world.

And the game in New England this year, when the defense had all 11 starters and was dominated by Jimmy Garoppolo?

And a fact you seem not to know, the salary cap goes up every year and Tannehill's contract is about league average for starting QB's in the NFL these days. He is like the 14th or 15th highest paid QB in the league. Middle of the pack contract that is team friendly and very fair.

Tannehill's 2017 cap hit is in the 81st percentile in the league.  A team needing this much defensive help can't afford to pay an average QB that much.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2017, 09:56:33 pm »

And the game in New England this year, when the defense had all 11 starters and was dominated by Jimmy Garoppolo?

Week 2 under a new coaching staff it happens. You don't make knee jerk reactions based off of one game

Tannehill's 2017 cap hit is in the 81st percentile in the league.  A team needing this much defensive help can't afford to pay an average QB that much.
You might not have heard, there is this thing called the NFL Draft. Miami can draft players who play defense and not pay them big bucks and fix the defense that way. Just saying
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2017, 11:35:42 am »

You seem to repeatedly bring up the salary cap, and spending money anywhere but on Tannehill's salary.  Throwing money at free-agents is not the way to solve the problem, you usually just end up with guys chasing paychecks and not that interested in what the team does.  N.E. attracts quality players at low cost because the guys coming in want a ring.  I'm fine with spending money to keep our own quality players, but there are rare instances where you should spend big money to get someone else's F.A.  Not to mention it's not like HOF's are sitting on a shelf waiting for you to come along and hand them a bag of money. Baba Booey is right, you need to build through the draft where you don't have to pay the players a fortune.

As for replacing Tannehill that discussion is still another season away, the coming year is about continuing to improve the O-line and shoring up the defense.  Probably a mid round QB as a prospect for future years.
Dolfanalyst
Uber Member

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2017, 11:49:35 am »

You seem to repeatedly bring up the salary cap, and spending money anywhere but on Tannehill's salary.  Throwing money at free-agents is not the way to solve the problem, you usually just end up with guys chasing paychecks and not that interested in what the team does.  N.E. attracts quality players at low cost because the guys coming in want a ring.  I'm fine with spending money to keep our own quality players, but there are rare instances where you should spend big money to get someone else's F.A.  Not to mention it's not like HOF's are sitting on a shelf waiting for you to come along and hand them a bag of money. Baba Booey is right, you need to build through the draft where you don't have to pay the players a fortune.

As for replacing Tannehill that discussion is still another season away, the coming year is about continuing to improve the O-line and shoring up the defense.  Probably a mid round QB as a prospect for future years.

I'm not necessarily speaking of signing big-name free agents.  The purpose here is really just to maintain a salary cap ledger that's consistent with a winning formula in the league.

Again I think teams should churn at the QB position, never paying one big money until he's become one of the league's best, while keeping salary cap room free to build the roster elsewhere.  And that consists not only of free agent signings (possibly, and hopefully the rare good ones you mentioned), but also of keeping your own players when the time comes.

Consider that a team can go one of two directions:  1) it can pay an average QB big money, thus keeping itself from having as much cap room to compile (and keep) the necessary talent elsewhere on the roster, or 2) it can continually churn at the QB position until it finds a great one, while building perhaps the best surrounding roster in the league with the cap money that's continually available via not having paid a QB big money.

The first of those two teams is very unlikely to be competitive in today's NFL.  The second one could very well become something akin to the early 2000s Baltimore Ravens, for example (i.e., winning a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer and one of the best defenses of all time).

And of course the second one is unlikely to become such a rare team in the league, but at least the overarching plan is consistent with heading that direction in theory, rather than with likely being nothing better than average in theory.  In other words, the second of those teams at least has a chance.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray