Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 07:19:23 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  Start planning now for Metlife Takeover 2017.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Start planning now for Metlife Takeover 2017.  (Read 3502 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: January 05, 2017, 11:45:22 am »

Here is the video from 2016: https://vimeo.com/198011892

Seriously, if you go to an away game, this is a good one.  I'm going again next year.  Meet me there.

I drink your milkshake!
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 01:05:08 pm »

I'm going next year also.

Everyone that can see this message should make plans to go.  It just gets better and better every year.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2017, 01:16:08 pm »

Wouldn't you need to know when the game is?  Are you really going leave sunny Florida for a week 16 game in NYC?

Like for me I would be much more inclined to go to a Dec NEP @Mia than a Sept afternoon game.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 01:34:15 pm »

^ Yeah, I've gone several times late in the year.  The experience is worth it. 

I drink your milkshake!
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 01:48:07 pm »

So I'm curious, do you guys go to the bar before hand or meet up at the stadium?  Do you stay in the city, or over in Jersey?  I'd like to go but would rather stay in one of the hotels I know of over in Jersey, and then leave from the stadium to return to my upstate NY home; instead of taking a bus back into the city, only to leave and drive back out of the city.
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 02:37:04 pm »

It depends on when the game is, but you can ultimately do whatever you want.

I like to stay in NY, because there's stuff to do there.  The bar usually has a party the day before (or after the game, if time allows).  Then there's a bus from the bar (optional), a tailgate before the game (optional), and the game itself.

Some people come to just the game.  Almost everyone comes to the tailgate, even if they drive themselves to the stadium.  And most people just ride the bus. 

But also, driving to the stadium must totally suck and getting out of there, I doubt is any faster in a car.  But whatever works for you...

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2017, 02:46:19 pm »

Wouldn't you need to know when the game is?  Are you really going leave sunny Florida for a week 16 game in NYC?

Week 16 is the week of Christmas. Christmas in NYC is wonderful, especially if the Dolphins beat the Jets. You must not have thought this out.  Grin
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »

I really enjoyed my trip to Miami for my first Dolphins home game this year.  (Thanks again to Dave for graciously taxi-ing me around for the weekend.)

That said, if I'm going to fly across the country to go to a game, I've got to prioritize Miami over New Jersey.  For the locals, though, MetLife Takeover seems like a great option for an away game.

Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 03:01:13 pm »

The Metlife takeover would be great but I just don't think it will be in my cards this year. I don't even know yet if I plan to make a home game next season. It is so far away though I guess anything could be possible.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 03:22:41 pm »

Week 16 is the week of Christmas. Christmas in NYC is wonderful, especially if the Dolphins beat the Jets. You must not have thought this out.  Grin

I have thought it out.  I don't like being cold.  I have gone to Patriots games in Sept and Oct.  I would turn down a free ticket to this weekends playoff game preferring the comfort of my warm couch. 

masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 06:49:50 pm »

It depends on when the game is, but you can ultimately do whatever you want.

I like to stay in NY, because there's stuff to do there.  The bar usually has a party the day before (or after the game, if time allows).  Then there's a bus from the bar (optional), a tailgate before the game (optional), and the game itself.

Some people come to just the game.  Almost everyone comes to the tailgate, even if they drive themselves to the stadium.  And most people just ride the bus. 

But also, driving to the stadium must totally suck and getting out of there, I doubt is any faster in a car.  But whatever works for you...

Thanks for the info.  I actually have had good luck getting in & out of the stadium driving myself, so I know the good places to park for a quick exit.  I've only gone to Giants games there and I know you need a parking pass ahead of time to get into those games, I assume its the same for the Jets.  There are quite a few hotels just across the river in Jersey, where you can pickup the MTA bus and it takes you right to the port authority, and you can go anywhere from there.  I think the last bus back to the Jersey side is around 10:30 pm, I believe a roundtrip bus ticket is like $10.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 08:42:58 pm »

Sept 24 1 pm.

Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

WWW Email
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2017, 11:26:47 pm »

I'm in.

I drink your milkshake!
TonyB0D
Uber Member

Crank it up!!

Email
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2017, 09:03:27 am »

you guys know i'm in.  you should try and get here earlier so we can hang out in the city and do fun stuff.

if anyone has any questions about anything, ask me.  i grew up literally 1 mile from the stadium and work in NYC so i know what's up
Brian Fein
Global Moderator
Uber Member

WHAAAAA???

chunkyb
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2017, 10:29:29 am »

I'm in as well.  So happy its not right next to a holiday this year.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray