Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:46:57 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Anti-Fins Chat (Moderators: jtex316, Phishfan)
| | |-+  Shame of the Game - at Steelers
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Shame of the Game - at Steelers  (Read 5802 times)
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2017, 11:11:35 am »

Yeah, you can't ask a Guard to block the outside pass rush, that's on the Tackle, maybe a TE or a RB.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2017, 11:54:39 am »

Harrison owned Albert on Sunday. I can't remember exactly but Omar posted his stats against Albert and it was ridiculous. Albert had a really bad game against him.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
masterfins
Uber Member

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2017, 05:35:08 pm »

Really? That would be a very strange blocking scheme. Albert is clearly poised to take on Harrison, who then drops a step back and a few steps wider. Albert should think "speed rush" at this point. Tunsil probably didn't even see Harrison move and his responsibility had to have been the inside guy (and the outside guy moving wider wouldn't change that). I'm thinking Albert either thought Harrison was backing off and not rushing (really??) or that he had Ajayi in the backfield to help (although that matchup would be a big ask).

I went back and looked at the play on you tube to see if I misremembered the play. When Harrison jumped out wider, the DE engaged Albert in a block to tie him up, Tunsil was standing there twiddling his thumbs with no one to block.  It's hard to blame Albert when he was engaged head-on with a block from the DE.  This was just a good designed play by Pittsburgh.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2017, 07:05:35 pm »

I went back and looked at the play on you tube to see if I misremembered the play. When Harrison jumped out wider, the DE engaged Albert in a block to tie him up, Tunsil was standing there twiddling his thumbs with no one to block.  It's hard to blame Albert when he was engaged head-on with a block from the DE.  This was just a good designed play by Pittsburgh.

The video is here, if anyone is interested:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017010800/2016/POST18/dolphins@steelers#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000771484&tab=videos

Albert has to drop back. Considering the front he's facing, that's just poor technique. He pretty much freezes and all his attention is on the inside guy. He doesn't even notice Harrison until he crosses the line of scrimmage.

Having watched that clip way too many times, part of me wants Moore to be a bit more away of the blitz and step up in the pocket, but that's the problem with dropbacks from pistol/shotgun formation. If Moore had taken that snap under center, he would have been much harder to get to for Harrison. Where he takes the snap isn't on the quarterback, of course, although if he recognizes the risk he might be able to change the play to take the snap under center.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2017, 07:46:54 am »

The first fumble is on Moore.  It was not a blindside hit.  He saw Harrison coming.  He needed to take the sack there.

Bullshit. Watch it again, it was a blindside hit and he had absolutely no chance.

You either did not watch the game again or you have vision even worse than Stevie Wonder Roll Eyes
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2017, 07:54:45 am »

The video is here, if anyone is interested:

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2017010800/2016/POST18/dolphins@steelers#menu=gameinfo%7CcontentId%3A0ap3000000771484&tab=videos

Albert has to drop back. Considering the front he's facing, that's just poor technique. He pretty much freezes and all his attention is on the inside guy. He doesn't even notice Harrison until he crosses the line of scrimmage.

Absolutely spot on description of what happened, and the commentary crew at CBS were quick to point out before the half just how badly Albert fucked up. Tunsil was there to cover the inside, Albert made a shocking decision to double which left Harrison a clear run at Moore's blindside - it was the sort of mistake you expect from a rookie, not from who is supposed to be your franchise left tackle.

Albert knew it too for that matter, you see him with hands on top of his helmet after the strip sack (followed by walking over the Moore on the ground and patting him on the back of the helmet, which I would guess have been an apology)
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 12:26:23 am »

Harrison owned Albert on Sunday. I can't remember exactly but Omar posted his stats against Albert and it was ridiculous. Albert had a really bad game against him.

Dupree blew past James on a few key plays too - the outside ends of our OL looked really shaky under pressure.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray