Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:39:00 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Dolphins Discussion (Moderators: CF DolFan, MaineDolFan)
| | |-+  2017 Draft Predictions
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: 2017 Draft Predictions  (Read 3116 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: January 20, 2017, 12:22:20 pm »

YardBarker has the first 2017 Draft Prediction that I have seen so far, they have Miami taking Raekwon McMillan, ILB from Ohio State.  Sounds like this is the right starting position to draft, need to stop the run.
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 02:05:42 pm »

I've also seen Alabama’s O.J. Howard and Miami’s David Njoku. Mel Kiper's first mock draft has the Dolphins taking Florida linebacker Jarrad Davis in the first round. Sounds like everyone is expecting LBers barring free agency.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 02:57:01 pm »

Walt on Walterfootball.com:

Miami Dolphins: Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt   
Anyone who watched Miami get blown out in the playoffs knows that they desperately need help in the middle of their defense. Their linebacking corps is a mess, so that's a position they'll likely target in the first couple of rounds if they don't find anyone in free agency.

Zach Cunningham is a dynamic linebacker prospect who has a chance of being chosen in the top 15, so he would provide great value at No. 22 overall.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php

I'd be happy with this pick.
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 08:05:52 pm »

Yeah, linebacker certainly seems the consensus pick -- and definitely a position of need. I wouldn't mind if we could get one that could actually cover the tight ends and big guys over the middle. Of course, the Dolphins were without 2 of  their 3 starting linebackers for most of the season making it a bit difficult to gauge strengths and weaknesses.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Stop your bloodclot cryin'!

Email
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 01:21:58 pm »

My prediction...Miami either moves up slightly to get him, or he slides a little, but LB Reuben Foster will be a Dolphin next season.

(please-please-please)

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 03:47:50 pm »

My prediction...Miami either moves up slightly to get him, or he slides a little, but LB Reuben Foster will be a Dolphin next season.

(please-please-please)

Sounds like he will be a Top 10 pick. Miami would have to move way up
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2017, 01:19:31 pm »

Yeah, linebacker certainly seems the consensus pick -- and definitely a position of need. I wouldn't mind if we could get one that could actually cover the tight ends and big guys over the middle. Of course, the Dolphins were without 2 of  their 3 starting linebackers for most of the season making it a bit difficult to gauge strengths and weaknesses.

Key to winning the division: getting a LB that can neutralize Gronk.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2017, 01:50:24 pm »

If he continues playing 8 games a year no one is going to worry about him at all.
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2017, 03:30:22 pm »

Sounds like he will be a Top 10 pick. Miami would have to move way up

I'm feelin' ya, Baba...but you hear that about a couple dozen prospects every year..."he'll be a top-10 pick." What the pundits forget is that only 10 players can actually end up being a top-10 pick. There are always good players that slide, and ILB is one of those positions that has a tendency of sliding on draft day, as teams focus on edge rushers that can get to the QB and offensive weapons that can put points on the board.

Reuben Foster, Dolphins...remember where you heard it first. Wink

"There's no such thing as objectivity. We're all just interpreting signals from the universe and trying to make sense of them. Dim, shaky, weak, staticky little signals that only hint at the complexity of a universe that we cannot begin to comprehend."
~ Micah Leggat
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2017, 03:32:11 pm »

I'm feelin' ya, Baba...but you hear that about a couple dozen prospects every year..."he'll be a top-10 pick." What the pundits forget is that only 10 players can actually end up being a top-10 pick. There are always good players that slide, and ILB is one of those positions that has a tendency of sliding on draft day, as teams focus on edge rushers that can get to the QB and offensive weapons that can put points on the board.

Reuben Foster, Dolphins...remember where you heard it first. Wink

Top 5 LT falls to MIA at #13, so it could happen
Sunstroke
YJFF Member
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2017, 03:36:49 pm »

I'm mailing a gas mask bong (lightly and lovingly used) to Reuben Foster now...thanks for the idea!

~ Micah Leggat
fyo
Uber Member

4866.5 miles from Dolphin Stadium

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2017, 06:47:34 pm »

If he continues playing 8 games a year no one is going to worry about him at all.

It's not just Gronk, though... there are a lot of big receivers and tight ends going over the middle these days and the Dolphins suck at covering them. The linebackers (and defensive ends) also didn't do their part in stopping the run. So I guess the verdict is, "get better linebackers" Wink
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2017, 09:06:09 pm »

It's not just Gronk, though... there are a lot of big receivers and tight ends going over the middle these days and the Dolphins suck at covering them. The linebackers (and defensive ends) also didn't do their part in stopping the run. So I guess the verdict is, "get better linebackers" Wink

Yeah not just Gronk.  But if your linebacker can cover Gronk he can cover the rest too. 

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2017, 10:38:42 pm »

So someone go give Ruben Foster a gas mask and start recording. That is the exception not the norm. Plus Miami would need someone like that to fall another 10 spots lower than last year. Not happening
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2017, 04:04:07 pm »

after the underwear Olympics,I'll make my prediction. LB,O-line,DB are good options

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray