Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 08:31:11 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Once you bail on a movie/TV franchise, can you get back in?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Once you bail on a movie/TV franchise, can you get back in?  (Read 1129 times)
Dave Gray
Administrator
Uber Member

It's doo-doo, baby!

26384964 davebgray@comcast.net davebgray floridadavegray
WWW Email
« on: February 02, 2017, 01:58:55 pm »

I used to be the kind of person that would start something, get hooked, and follow it to the end, even if I lost interest or it got bad.  I don't really do that anymore.  Once I realize something isn't to my liking, I'm able to bail pretty quickly.

Once out, though, I find it very difficult to get back in.  This goes for movie franchises or television. 

I have friends that say they have invested X amount, so they're gonna follow it through and also those that will bail on something that they will eventually go back to.  I likely do neither.  How about you?

I drink your milkshake!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 02:29:53 pm »

If I don't like the way something is going I also have no issues with bailing on it and I don't go back. I have thought as a series hit the finale that I should check in to see how it ends but then I realize that it didn't matter to me how it got there so why should it matter how it ends.
DaLittle B
Uber Member

Do Simple better

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2017, 02:41:40 pm »

Movie - No...It's done,finish watching it,it depends on the movie.How bad is it,how bored am I,is it a movie on HBO,(or a free preview of a premium channel) did I rent it,did I have a discount code,etc.

T.V. series - 99% of thet time no.

The big thing for me ( I say it jumps the shark!)
This one happens pretty quickly in a series,and I dump it...
1.) When it diverts into something it's not (usually into standard format that is something I've seen a bunch) IE Cool space premise,that turns into Friends on a space ship.

This one tends to happen a couple of seasons down the road.
2.)The writing of the main story line becomes like a soap opera writing.The beginning of an episode Person 1 is Good,halfway through the show they're evil,and cliff hanger at the end of the show (are the good or are they evil?) The following episode,they are good again,and they gloss over it because the next huge mega disaster makes them evil again before the next episode ends...It's too hard for me to give a shit about the characters,to continue to watch what happens to them.

Grimm happens to be in that 1% that I've been able to get back into.I started binge watching around Christmas,and I'm half way through season 5 currently.Season 4 jumped the shark for me (#2 really hard) They seemed to steer the ship somewhat back in season 5,(after all the Super Mega disaster,Super shockers,because ratings are slipping) to what I liked about the 1st 3 seasons. Very Weirdly though.

MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2017, 02:44:42 pm »

I bounce in and out.  With the exception of football, I never plan to watch something specific.  I just pop down on the couch and scroll thru the channels until I find something.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Thundergod
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 02:23:43 am »

I have no problems bailing. It's easier with tv shows than movies. I first did it with the Simpsons a long time ago. The two most recent shows I bailed on was The Walking Dead and The Big Bang Theory.

I usually stick it til the end of movies. The two I remember turning off within a half hour was "Alexander" and "The Informant". Those blew monkeys.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray