Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 10:25:25 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Congratulations President Trump
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: Congratulations President Trump  (Read 14171 times)
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #90 on: February 03, 2017, 02:18:55 pm »

I do think it will crash regardless; the difference is the timeframe.

For example, Trump just announced that he's going to dismantle Dodd-Frank, which was itself an example of the kind of insufficiently-aggressive Democratic fix that I was talking about (we needed to go back to Glass-Steagall).  However, removing Dodd-Frank will just accelerate the next crash.

So in other words, we might optimistically be able to go another 20 years before a crash with Dodd-Frank as the primary regulation, but without Dodd-Frank we won't even make it 10 years before the banksters detonate the economy again.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #91 on: February 03, 2017, 02:30:20 pm »

I do think it will crash regardless; the difference is the timeframe.

For example, Trump just announced that he's going to dismantle Dodd-Frank, which was itself an example of the kind of insufficiently-aggressive Democratic fix that I was talking about (we needed to go back to Glass-Steagall).  However, removing Dodd-Frank will just accelerate the next crash.

So in other words, we might optimistically be able to go another 20 years before a crash with Dodd-Frank as the primary regulation, but without Dodd-Frank we won't even make it 10 years before the banksters detonate the economy again.
I think that's a bit naive. I'm thinking more along the lines of the next 5 years, probably less, regardless of any decisions made by anyone. The sooner the better if you ask me. It's like a junkie. The sooner we remove the "fix". The sooner we can go through the withdrawal(the crash). The sooner we can build a real economic recovery. The longer you kick the can down the road, the harder it's going to be to fix. But then again, I'm an idiot, so I'm just talking crazy!!!

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2017, 03:19:04 pm »

any crash now will be Traump's crash .. that's how it'll go down guaranteed
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2017, 04:49:36 pm »

while the corporatist wing of the Democrats won't do much to fix the dam and will eventually let it crumble due to lack of maintenance, the GOP diverts extra rivers into the dam while swinging pickaxes at it. 

You have no idea how much this hurts me after hearing about the recent setbacks in regulation on coal mine sludge dumping.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buffalo_Creek_flood
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2017, 06:42:35 pm »

any crash now will be Traump's crash .. that's how it'll go down guaranteed
It might be time for a reminder of what happened the last time we combined widespread deregulation with stiff trade tariffs.

I wouldn't initially think Trump would be able to get a tariff through Congress, but I'm also not dumb enough to believe that there exists a hill that Republicans in Congress would choose to die on if it meant opposing him.  The most terrifying outcome for them is not Muslim concentration camps or the government imprisoning the media; it's losing a primary because they were labeled a RINO moderate.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray