Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:25:36 pm
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Off-Topic Board
| | |-+  Congratulations President Trump
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Congratulations President Trump  (Read 13652 times)
masterfins
Uber Member

« on: January 20, 2017, 12:24:17 pm »

Whether you like him or not, let's all hope that he improves the United States with more & better jobs, and safety for everyone.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 01:30:40 pm »

I'll be satisfied with no nuclear weapons detonated while he's in office.

Fau Teixeira
Administrator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 01:46:22 pm »

i'd be happy with him not handing over US sovereignty to Russia
CF DolFan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

cf_dolfan
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2017, 02:02:56 pm »

I'm pretty sure Fau is safe.

As far as the nuclear issue might be a different problem. Just dealing with Russia like Obama has done has put us in an awkward position. President Obama just put troops on Russia's doorstep so Trump will  have to deal with that pretty quickly. He also gave Iran nukes so between them and N Korea one is bound to get stupid sooner or later.

Getting offended by something you see on the internet is like choosing to step in dog shite instead of walking around it.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2017, 02:09:43 pm »

I suppose from a certain standpoint, complete subordination to Russia would be one way to avoid nuclear conflict.
After all, Putin would have no reason to nuke the U.S. if we're a satellite state.

At least Putin has shown not to be reckless with his nuclear arsenal.  So in a sense, we can rest easy knowing that Putin likely will not instruct Trump (or alternatively, give him permission) to set off any nukes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 02:13:50 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2017, 06:04:44 pm »

Climate change was a big issue for me, but there is nothing anybody can do about that.

I just hope his replacement for Obamacare covers the people who needed it. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2017, 07:08:33 pm »

As a few have said here over the years. Elections have consequences. Hillary's nomination was the dumbest choice made in a long long long time.

suck for luck
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 08:44:15 pm »

8 years being rejected and having your ass handed to you. Please don't change.

“The atmospheric conditions as well as the true equilibrium of the ball is critical to the measurement.” — Belichick
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2017, 03:36:47 am »

As a few have said here over the years. Elections have consequences. Hillary's nomination was the dumbest choice made in a long long long time.

In the aftermath of the Iraq War and the Great Recession, I don't remember anyone saying, "But Al Gore was a terrible candidate!" as justification.
But maybe it will be different this time.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2017, 02:48:09 pm »

In the aftermath of the Iraq War and the Great Recession, I don't remember anyone saying, "But Al Gore was a terrible candidate!" as justification.
But maybe it will be different this time.
Not sure what you mean by "justification". I was simply pointing out that the Democrats didn't even try. They just threw Hillary in there and "knew" that they would win. That self entitled attitude is what lost the Democrats the election.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2017, 05:19:06 pm »

The Democrats had many assumptions about this election that turned out to be naive.

Assumptions about any lessons its base learned from 2000.
Assumptions about how much the news media values ratings.
Assumptions about what kinds of statements "disqualify" a candidate in the eyes of the electorate.
Assumptions about the amount of influence federal employees can exert on the outcome if they choose.

But hey, it's all spilled milk at this point.  The right has argued for nearly a decade that the Democrats are terrible and that Obama is the Worst President Ever.
Now you guys have all the levers of power in your grasp.  Let's see if you can do any better than the last time, when you started an unnecessary war on false premises and detonated the economy on your way out.

pondwater
Uber Member

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2017, 10:37:14 am »

Now you guys have all the levers of power in your grasp.  Let's see if you can do any better than the last time, when you started an unnecessary war on false premises and detonated the economy on your way out.
Who is "you guys" and "you" that I have in bold above? I'll state again for the record. I'm not and never was pro Trump. However, I was very anti Hillary. My picks would have been Carson or Paul(or his father). Aside from that, keeping Hillary out of the White house was the first priority for me. Regardless of what you think, that doesn't make me particularly pro Trump. No one actually wants to take Chemotherapy , however I guess it's better than the alternative. That doesn't automatically make you pro Chemotherapy!

Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 04:18:31 pm »

The Democrats had many assumptions about this election that turned out to be naive.
You missed the biggest one of all. That women want a woman president. They don't. At least the majority that I know don't. A LOT of women believe the president SHOULD be a man.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2017, 06:10:32 pm »

Who is "you guys" and "you" that I have in bold above?
Right wing voters who are celebrating victory.

Aside from that, keeping Hillary out of the White house was the first priority for me.
Then putting Trump in the White House was your preferred option in the general election.
Either that, or you don't understand how our electoral system works.

Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2017, 06:16:09 pm »

You missed the biggest one of all. That women want a woman president. They don't. At least the majority that I know don't. A LOT of women believe the president SHOULD be a man.
I haven't heard many people advance the theory that the "biggest" reason Hillary lost is because she's a woman.  In fact, many people are insisting as loudly as they can that Trump's election was NOT about sexism, or racism, or homophobia at all, but economic issues and/or how terrible & corrupt Hillary is.

That's not to say I accept that claim.  But I can't recall a previous instance of someone saying, "Oh yeah, the biggest reason Trump won was sexism," without intending that comment to be a disparagement of Trump voters.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 06:17:48 pm by Spider-Dan » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray