Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:25:15 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  Super Bowl Sunday
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Super Bowl Sunday  (Read 11640 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: February 05, 2017, 10:56:17 am »

I have not decided yet if I am going to watch the game.

Anyway, I doubt it will be much of a contest.

Then again, Vegas had a prop bet of an over/under of 5 on how many replays of Butler's pick will be shown throughout the game, starting with the pregame show.   I took the over for $50.

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Tenshot13
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 12:37:37 pm »

Not much of a contest?  Your bias is showing.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 12:48:02 pm »

I am expecting a good close game that is still in doubt at the 2 minute warning. 

I would take the over on that prop I am pretty sure I saw the Tyree catch more than 5 times in SB XLVI.  If Butler gets an interception today, the replays from the Seahawks game could go to double digits.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 04:08:30 pm »

Not much of a contest?  Your bias is showing.

Watching every nauseating Patriots victory over the years does that to you. 

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 05:46:42 pm »

As does reading Patriots posts in my facebook mini-feed about how Brady is the GOAT.

I honestly believe the Patriots would have made the Super Bowl with Jimmy G at quarterback. 

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2017, 06:03:37 pm »

Last week I said to a friend I think the Patriots could blow this one out - for some reason I have never trusted the Falcons all year (probably because I never considered Matt Ryan to be an elite quarterback) and I really didn't like a few things that I saw in the win against the Packers.

Rodgers gashed them the majority of the game with slant passes which is Brady's bread and butter. If Green Bay hadn't missed that first field goal on theit first possession and coughed up the ball heading for the end zone on the second it could quite easily been 10-10 instead of 17-0 early on in the game, then who knows what might have happened? (although I admit you could say that about virtually every game, what if?)

I guess it also doesn't help that I haven't seen that much of the Falcons (or Dolphins) all year and too much of the Patriots (yeah, thanks Channel 7 Australia). But from what I have seen, I reckon the Patriots defense that ranked #3 against the run will stuff the Falcons backs like they did Bell in the AFC game & Ajayi in our last duel, and BB will take away their biggest weapon in Jones - that will put more pressure on Ryan to prove the doubters like me wrong on the biggest stage of the year. That said, I hope he does it.

Barracking for the Falcons, but I think the Patriots will win again, maybe a bit closer than what I was thinking last week though. 
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2017, 06:18:53 pm »

Love the tribute to the hall of fame veterans from small black colleges - great to see Doug Williams too, although it also hit that 30 years has passed since he was Super Bowl MVP, where did all that time go?

Getting excited now, even before the first coffee of the morning  Cheesy
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 06:24:01 pm »

In my dream world, the Falcons win and Goodell smirks as he hands over the trophy.

In reality this could get out of hand by halftime. 

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 06:38:20 pm »

I wouldn't have deferred if I was the Falcons
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 06:40:38 pm »

That said, they held to 3 and out - good start by the Falcons defense
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 06:43:13 pm »

wow, Pats D caught spectating on that first play, great run by Freeman! Smiley
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 06:45:01 pm »

Have not seen a snap of this game yet

Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 06:47:29 pm »

Have not missed much, apart from that first run by Freeman both offenses look unsettled, defenses on top. Two punts
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 06:52:42 pm »

Upshaw gets Falcons first sack of the game - they needed it, Brady was starting to carve them up, hit 5 from 6.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 06:54:36 pm by Downunder Dolphan » Logged
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Email
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 07:13:04 pm »

Huge strip fumble on Blount by the Falcons to stop the Patriots in scoring range.

Julio Jones just came alive now - this is a massive change in momentum after Brady was hitting everything.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray