Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:38:25 am
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
News: Brian Fein is now blogging weekly!  Make sure to check the homepage for his latest editorial.
+  The Dolphins Make Me Cry.com - Forums
|-+  TDMMC Forums
| |-+  Around the NFL (Moderators: Spider-Dan, MyGodWearsAHoodie)
| | |-+  How can one team be so lucky?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: How can one team be so lucky?  (Read 8278 times)
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« on: February 05, 2017, 10:08:13 pm »

It's just mind-boggling.

I am just speechless watching this game.

I knew I should not have watched this game

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2017, 10:59:51 pm »

And it's official. God is indeed a Patriots fan.

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
Downunder Dolphan
Uber Member

Fins Fan since 2nd January 1982

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2017, 11:08:36 pm »

And it's official. God is indeed a Patriots fan.

Nah, this has to be the work of the Prince of Darkness Wink
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2017, 11:44:37 pm »

Do I take this game too seriously or something?

Awarded for not knowing what the hell you are talking about, making some bullshit comment, pissing people off, or just plain being an idiot
Pappy13
Uber Member

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2017, 11:52:54 pm »

Nah, this has to be the work of the Prince of Darkness Wink
Yeah you're right. Brady and Bradshaw with 9 SuperBowl wins can only be the work of one person. Sorry God. Smiley

That which does not kill me...gives me XP.
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 10:12:52 am »

You are confusing preparation, coaching and determination for luck. 

Yes NE got some breaks and took advantage of some Falcons mistakes.  But the Falcons got some breaks too. 

Difference between BB and others is his team doesn't view a 28 point lead game over, that is why they won yesterday and are accused of running up the score when the are protecting a lead.

As for luck, hard to argue Edelman's catch which was key in NE winning a super bowl was luck not skill while simultaneously arguing Tryree catch was skill but not luck. 

All teams are both lucky and unlucky, championships are won by taking advantage of your opportunities and overcoming your mistakes.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 11:32:02 am »

This will drive some of you crazy. Ref's missed an easy call that helped NE late 4th quarter on the 2 pt try

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/828641755365048326
MyGodWearsAHoodie
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2017, 11:49:29 am »

This will drive some of you crazy. Ref's missed an easy call that helped NE late 4th quarter on the 2 pt try

https://twitter.com/PriscoCBS/status/828641755365048326

There was missed calls on both sides.

There are two rules for success:
 1. Never tell everything you know.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2017, 12:49:51 pm »

There was missed calls on both sides.

All missed calls aren't created equal!
Phishfan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2017, 01:10:18 pm »

What exactly is he saying the missed call is? He doesn't explicitly state it. I don't think those guys are too far downfield. Also, I need a video rather than just a still photo. Was that a jam on the line by the DB or is it a WR blocking? There really is no context without watching the play happen.
Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2017, 01:19:12 pm »

What exactly is he saying the missed call is? He doesn't explicitly state it. I don't think those guys are too far downfield. Also, I need a video rather than just a still photo. Was that a jam on the line by the DB or is it a WR blocking? There really is no context without watching the play happen.

Per the rule they are engaged with the defender and they are blocking before the pass was caught. That is a penalty and a clear penalty on the Pats and the 2 pt conversion should have been replayed from further out.

Look, Atlanta choked the game away and all, no sympathy for them. But don't miss that call and replay the 2 pt conversion from much further out and it's a different story
« Last Edit: February 06, 2017, 01:20:43 pm by Baba Booey » Logged
Spider-Dan
Global Moderator
Uber Member

Bay Area Niner-Hater

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2017, 01:22:41 pm »

Article 4. Other Prohibited Acts By the Offense

Blocking more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage by an offensive player prior to a pass being thrown is offensive pass interference. See 8-3-1 for exception for an ineligible offensive player.

Note: It is also pass interference by the offense to block a defender beyond the line while the pass is in the air, if the block occurs in the vicinity of the player to whom the pass is thrown. See 8-3-1-Note for exception for ineligible players.

There are two Patriots receivers engaged in a block in the vicinity of Amendola.

For the record, offsides on ATL was also called on that play, so at worst it would have been a replayed down.

Baba Booey
Uber Member

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2017, 01:24:28 pm »

For the record, offsides on ATL was also called on that play, so at worst it would have been a replayed down.

True!
Cathal
Uber Member

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 01:27:43 pm »

I'm not so sure it was luck, more than the Falcons stalling at the wrong time and the Pats finally clicking. When the Falcons were up 28-9 and I told the group I was with that if the Falcons don't at least get a FG out of the next few drives, the Pats would end up winning. They thought I was nuts because they were up by 3 possessions. I don't think it's luck because they always do this and it's expected.
dolphins4life
Uber Member

THE ASSCLOWN AWARD

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 02:07:03 pm »

The Falcons had that game literally in the bag and handed it away.

Like many teams do against New England.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

The Dolphins Make Me Cry - Copyright© 2008 - Designed and Marketed by Dave Gray